getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   what's your favourite quote? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=293875)

imakward 03-02-2017 06:35 PM

what's your favourite quote?

So tell about your favourite quote? and why is it your favourite ?

i will start i have two first one is :

"If You're not scared,you're not taking a chance,
and if you're not taking a chance,Then what the Hell are you doing?"

the second one is :

''Dont waste time looking back, ýou're not going that way" -

I love those quote because it remindes me we have to try new things every day, and dont let our fears and past control us, they have a special place in my hearth

MasterCaz 03-03-2017 12:20 PM

“There's no use trying,” she said: “one can't believe impossible things.” “I daresay you haven't had much practice,” said the Queen. “When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”.

I think it speaks to the importance of imagination, but has the added irony or coming from one of the least likable characters in the book!

rhode64 03-03-2017 12:32 PM

nudist

My quote has to be ( Do Unto Others As You Would Like Others Do To You ) or ( Let He Who Is Perfect Throw The First Stone)
In other words don't be so quick to judge as none of us is perfect .

imakward 03-03-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterCaz (Post 2681870)
“There's no use trying,” she said: “one can't believe impossible things.” “I daresay you haven't had much practice,” said the Queen. “When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”.

I think it speaks to the importance of imagination, but has the added irony or coming from one of the least likable characters in the book!

thats really amazing quote

imakward 03-03-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhode64 (Post 2681880)
My quote has to be ( Do Unto Others As You Would Like Others Do To You ) or ( Let He Who Is Perfect Throw The First Stone)
In other words don't be so quick to judge as none of us is perfect .

simple and good quotes

Doux et vivant 03-03-2017 08:04 PM

I have a few I think.

1. Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.

2. Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. -Simon Peg

3. Life Doesn't come with a REWIND, FAST FORWARD or PAUSE BUTTON. Once it starts it PLAYS until it ends or until you press STOP. Never press STOP just enjoy it while it PLAYS.- Sonya Parker (This one, helped during a very suicidal time so is good to share.)

qmu 03-03-2017 09:19 PM

There are three I always remember when people ask, from completely different sources and meanings...

"Give me a place to stand, and I shall move the earth." ~ Archimedes
He said that when introducing people to the lever, for me it is both epic and gives the feeling that everything is possible, we just don't know how to do it yet.

"I know less than all but more than many who know less" ~ lyrics from a metal band called Avantasia
I find that perfectly describes about anyone, there's always something you're better in than the others, and always someone better, so you need to keep working.

"A person is smart. People are dumb" ~ Agent Kay from MIB
For me it pretty much summaries every modern conflict and mob mentality.

tenveran 03-03-2017 10:08 PM

before honor comes humility.

(to understand what it means to be proud, you first have to understand what it means to be humble)

Don't sweat the small stuff. Oh, and it is all small stuff.

You cannot change someones attitude towards you, but you can change your reaction to them.

Jaro 03-03-2017 11:23 PM

I have so many. I think the following are my all time favorite and pretty much describe how I see the world and how I want to live my life.

"Great people are those who make others feel that they, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

"Total absence of humor renders life impossible." - Colette

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none." - Benjamin Franklin

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

"If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it." - Emerson Pugh

"Fashion passes. Style remains." - Chanel

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci

"The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art." - Leonardo da Vinci

"If you thought that science was certain, well, that is just an error on your part." - Richard Feynman

"Memento Mori"

imakward 03-04-2017 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doux et vivant (Post 2682264)
I have a few I think.

1. Unfuck yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fucking shine.

2. Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. -Simon Peg

3. Life Doesn't come with a REWIND, FAST FORWARD or PAUSE BUTTON. Once it starts it PLAYS until it ends or until you press STOP. Never press STOP just enjoy it while it PLAYS.- Sonya Parker (This one, helped during a very suicidal time so is good to share.)

They are simply amazing thank you

imakward 03-04-2017 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenveran (Post 2682310)
before honor comes humility.

(to understand what it means to be proud, you first have to understand what it means to be humble)

Don't sweat the small stuff. Oh, and it is all small stuff.

You cannot change someones attitude towards you, but you can change your reaction to them.

amazing quotes thank you

imakward 03-04-2017 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaroface (Post 2682358)
I have so many. I think the following are my all time favorite and pretty much describe how I see the world and how I want to live my life.

"Great people are those who make others feel that they, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

"Total absence of humor renders life impossible." - Colette

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none." - Benjamin Franklin

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

"If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it." - Emerson Pugh

"Fashion passes. Style remains." - Chanel

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci

"The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art." - Leonardo da Vinci

"If you thought that science was certain, well, that is just an error on your part." - Richard Feynman

"Memento Mori"

Phew those are alot but all are really amazing thanks for shareing them

Locktail 03-04-2017 04:37 AM

Thinking of a favourite is almost impossible with how many their are, but a few that come to mind:

"We're terrible at realising what goes on in other people's heads because we are trapped inside our own."
- Derren Brown

"There is so much we can learn from TV. It's a window on the world."
- Stephen Fry

"It is a cliche that most cliches are true, but then like most cliches, that cliche is untrue."
- Stephen Fry

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
- Albert Einstein

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? Hes a mile away and you've got his shoes."
- Billy Connolly

"When people say 'Its always the last place you look'. Of course it is. Why would you keep looking after you've found it?"
- Billy Connolly

"A lot of people are too easily offended. Religious people, for instance. They've been offending other people for centuries."
- Billy Connolly

imakward 03-04-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locktail (Post 2682511)
Thinking of a favourite is almost impossible with how many their are, but a few that come to mind:

"We're terrible at realising what goes on in other people's heads because we are trapped inside our own."
- Derren Brown

"There is so much we can learn from TV. It's a window on the world."
- Stephen Fry

"It is a cliche that most cliches are true, but then like most cliches, that cliche is untrue."
- Stephen Fry

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
- Albert Einstein

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? Hes a mile away and you've got his shoes."
- Billy Connolly

"When people say 'Its always the last place you look'. Of course it is. Why would you keep looking after you've found it?"
- Billy Connolly

"A lot of people are too easily offended. Religious people, for instance. They've been offending other people for centuries."
- Billy Connolly

awesome ones thanks

darkwing duck 03-12-2017 04:05 AM

The quote No one ever thinks they can forget their first love. But we can.
From the 1981 movie Endless love. I like the movie and it stars one of my favorite actresses Brooke Shields.