getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would you still like me? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=288352)

lilK 01-05-2017 06:39 PM

Would you still like me?

I've been talking to a few people these last days on kik and in life and at first this not bother me but now I has been thinking about it.

Not long ago I help a friend who is a science student and chemicals was spilled on my right arm and stomach, I have needed hospital and am currently in recovery, scars were never a proplem with me, I always think that someone with scar has a story to tell, that just by looking at them you know they have stories and are not safe and boring. Today my bandages was unwrapped and my arm and stomach have terrible scars and I do not wish to show these, to anyone.
The places where the burns happen look melted and ugly, and I just want to know if anyone reading this would look past them and accept they are now part of me, which is something even I cannot do right now.

(Please do not ask to see, I do not wish anyone to see them)

ksoma 01-05-2017 06:42 PM

while it isn't the most desirable thing, obviously, I think.... I wouldn't mind.
It's not something I can say for sure. I've never dealt with that. But I honestly think I'd be OK with it.

mastertmp1998 01-05-2017 06:47 PM

It's ok

Yes I would still like you, heck the right side of my head is dented in and idc, as long as your still you it doesn't matter what you look like

Jdelt 01-05-2017 06:55 PM

When meeting people for the first time, if the first time is face-to-face, usually what we notice are physical things. And it is very hard when the bodies that we have grown used to, that are part of what we consider to be our identity, change in ways we don't choose.

But I've found that the more I get to know someone, the less I really notice what is going on with them physically. Ultimately it is personality that matters. I don't know you, but I've read your posts and you seem like a fun, exciting, and passionate person.

So yes, I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I would be very happy to meet you, and get to know you, and accept your scars as part of who you are.

I know it is hard for you to accept right now, but it will get better, and in time you will get used to it, and eventually reach a point where you will no longer think about it.

rrichmon 01-05-2017 08:13 PM

to be honest its not about what scars people hold or anything like that. we all have something were ashamed of(even if we shouldnt be)

I am sure the scars don't take away from your beauty. Plus your a cosplayer and cosplayers are awesome.

feel free to kik me if you want: richboygd

Switch528 01-05-2017 08:37 PM

Anyone who can't look past it is not worth knowing.

You may be able to heal from the scars. I know Lavender essential can help get rid of even old scars from injuries. Not 100% sure on chemical scars but it is worth a shot.

~switch

Mreow 01-05-2017 08:40 PM

I reaaaaally don't give a :shhh: about scars

hornyyoungslut 01-05-2017 08:58 PM

Any scars are beautiful. If someone can't see that, they have no love in their heart. Scars don't always have to have a story. Scars are just a way to show that a physical pain has been healed. Some scars have psychological attachments to them but not all. You were beautiful without the scars and you're still beautiful with them, maybe even more.

idgaf123 01-05-2017 09:15 PM

I wouldn't mind at all

Nicolas 01-05-2017 10:51 PM

Remember, the true beauty is inside you, not outside. You must join the pieces, fix them and go ahead!!!

Forrest 01-05-2017 11:55 PM

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you but glad you're okay. Scars aren't that big of a deal, and if you're dressing down in front of someone and all they can focus on is the scar , well then they have some much bigger issues to worry about. It'll be alright.

Nikodum 01-06-2017 12:22 AM

Yep

Everyone has a special kind a scar, whether it by physical or mental. So yeah, most people can look past them. Besides, when you talk to a guy who somehow survived 4th degriee burns, you just kinda stop caring about the scars.

KawaiiAlly 01-06-2017 12:34 AM

I don't really know you, but heck yeah, I'd still like you. :)
~Ally

Masterwants 01-06-2017 12:59 AM

I'd still like you, the scars will just be part of you and in time I doubt you will give them too much thought.

Sometimes the things we least like about ourselves are the things other find the most interesting or attractive.

Don't hide them, get used to seeing them yourself, get used to people asking about them. Don't be ashamed.

I have a scar that's been there since I was a baby and it's just part of me and who i am :)

You're beautiful inside and out still, so please don't get into the I'm ugly and disfigured mindset, it's destructive....

SomeDude555 01-07-2017 12:08 AM

Yes I would, It isn't like you can help that they are there and if anyone that has negative thoughts about the scars and doesn't accept them, then screw them. Just accept that you have them because if not you will be worried about what other people think and that's just not a good way to stay positive