getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Are Americans stupid, you be the judge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=27401)

doomed_soul89 07-04-2009 02:10 PM

Are Americans stupid, you be the judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNg...e=channel_page

kas_xx 07-04-2009 02:59 PM

ha ha ha!! :D

i pissed my pants just laughing!

cant believe the american public is soooo stupid, shows how much they know about the rest of the world, and how the media has made them hate muslims and they dont even know they've been manipulated, yet they have so much hatred towards muslims / jews / the middle-east.

thank god, i live in the UK - at least people here know that there is more than one side to a triangle!

rant over:p

lokelake 07-04-2009 03:05 PM

I watched that video. It seems like it was set up. Just for laughs.

interesting 07-04-2009 03:36 PM

Actually, both lokelake and kas_xx are right.

It is made up. It's made up of a cross section of individuals targeted on the street. The answers are real. This isn't a setup, but there is a montage which is used to carry the point across. I'm sure there are many people who gave the right answers - just as many that gave the wrong answers, which is more frightening.

The goal is to show that ignorance is out there, and we must always be wary of its dangers.

But it is hilarious!

BettyBoop 07-04-2009 04:19 PM

Oh that is brilliant. Got to be fake though right?
"Tony Blair is a skater"

doomed_soul89 07-04-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop (Post 159841)
Oh that is brilliant. Got to be fake though right?
"Tony Blair is a skater"

Nah it's real lol I liked that they put the pins on Australia because they it had a different name on it lol, I mean that's just horrible, I can understand mixing up some in the middle east but Australia lol, they don't even know then continents nevermind their countries lol

BettyBoop 07-04-2009 04:24 PM

I know a boy who thought New Zealand was by Scotland. He wasn't joking. He seemed surprised.

doomed_soul89 07-04-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop (Post 159845)
I know a boy who thought New Zealand was by Scotland. He wasn't joking. He seemed surprised.

one thought it was France, another thought it was Korea... just because they changed the name on the map... lol I mean scotland and new zealand is bad but not THAT bad

dragonator 07-04-2009 04:40 PM

definately a fake
wer ingnorant true but we arent stupid

BettyBoop 07-04-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonator (Post 159854)
definately a fake
wer ingnorant true but we arent stupid

Well, some Americans may be stupid, and some may be very intelligent. Americans aren't one person.

dragonator 07-04-2009 04:49 PM

lol i ment in general like how in general teens cant wait to be able to drive but not all do (take my cousin for instance)

tboner 07-04-2009 05:05 PM

You could probably ask anyone anywhere is the world and they could be just as clueless. Just cause they live the US doesnt automatically make them smart. Every country has smart people and clueless people.

doomed_soul89 07-04-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tboner (Post 159866)
You could probably ask anyone anywhere is the world and they could be just as clueless. Just cause they live the US doesnt automatically make them smart. Every country has smart people and clueless people.

not it makes them stupid apparently, blame it on the propaganda and no not everyone in the world is too stupid to realize that Australia isn't France

Knots101 07-04-2009 06:49 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

awsome!

Officelover 07-04-2009 08:22 PM

Hilarious, yes, but I find it hard to believe it's accuracy. Here's what they did: spend about a month in NYC, the second biggest city in North America (Because as many people fail to recognize, the largest in North America is Mexico City, and the largest in the world is Tokyo.) In that month they interview at least 40 people a day, and end up with around 1200 interviews. From those they collect the worst.

Just to clear things up, I'm American and knew all the answers to those questions. I is really smart.