getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth or Dare Stories (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   How Sarah became and stopped being a slave to her older brother (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=80562)

devildarer 06-29-2011 05:38 PM

How Sarah became and stopped being a slave to her older brother

It was 3 PM, and I'd just gotten back from school. My name is Sarah (im 16), and this is my story of how I started (not on purpose of course, but in blackmail) and ended my slavery with my older brother. He's not really my brother. My mom and dad were completely different from his, so we're not related at all. My mom and dad had me, and a few years later my parents got divorced. I still see my dad constantly though. He lives pretty far off, so we only see him around 8 or 9 times a year. It's been almost a month since I last saw him and I already miss him. My father's name is Joe Evans, and my mother, who I love, btw, she's not mean or anything to me (infact she's the complete opposite) really nice, and she's an awesome cook. She always tries to make her and my meals something you'd get from a 5 star restaurant, and the style keeps changing, so I never get bored, not that I don't ever crave for simple mac and cheese or anything, but still. Anyways, I'm getting off topic, her name is Madeline, or Maddi for short. My dad calls her Mad :)

So, back to my dad, a few years after their divorce, my dad got remarried to this nice woman named Stephanie. She has a son 7 years older than me named Jake, who I hardly know. Stephanie was divorced years before she met my dad. Anyways, her son, Jake, was about to become a big person in my life. I was visiting dad in a few days, and seeing Stephanie and Jake again. My dad wants me to get to know them more, so I'm staying for a week. It doesn't matter anyways, because it's spring break, so I wouldn't be missing any school, but I didn't like much that I'd be spending most of my designated father-daughter time to be getting to know people I didn't yet. I didn't like that. We'd probably just be sitting uncomfortably on my dad's leather sofa drinking coffee or something and talking about school. I don't know about you, but I usually hate that.

So a few days came, and after a delicious gourmet hamburger meal (my favorite), and a loving good-bye hug from mom, I was on a plane to dad's place. It's only a two hour ride there, and I was pretty giddy in my seat. Once we finally landed, I saw my dad and Stephanie there waiting for me. I wondered where Jake was. After we hugged and claimed my bags, we got out of the airport and drove home listening to an unfamiliar - yet very familiar radio channel. Once we got home, Jake came down to see me here, and he had a weird anticipating look on his face when he saw me.. weird. So, once I got there, I immediately went to bed. I had my own room at my dad's house, and it was personalized, so I always felt at home when I went. When I was little I used to love origami, so every origami thing I made when I visited my dad was scattered all over the room. I made some pretty neat stuff, but of course I forgot all about them now.

So I was in my personal connected bathroom taking a shower, and Jake walked into the room (I didn't know until I got out, only wearing my robe). He looked at me, smiled, and said 'Hey Sarah, I didn't really get a chance to say Hi earlier.'

'Hi' I replied, 'Whats new?'

'Actually, Sarah...' The way he said my name sent shivers up my spine, 'There are going to be some changes to out relationship, and I thought you should know now.'

'What?' I was really confused now.

'See, I found something left in your room from last time you left.'

'You were searching my room? But my room is locked when I leave!' (I usually keep my bedroom door locked from the outside when I leave, I hated it when people looked through my stuff). He held up a key.

'Only now did I really realize that it's kind of odd that you lock away all your stuff. What do you have to hide? Anyways I stole your key and made a copy last time you visited, and I found something pretty interesting in here.'

'What?' My face was going red, like it usually does when I start panicking.

'This.' He held up my diary.

'You read my diary?! What kind of brother are you?'

'Spin around for me Sarah.'

'What?'

'I said spin around!'

'What? no!' He grabbed me by my shoulders, spun me around, and then landed one hard slap on my ass.

'What the fuck are you doing??'

'Well Sarah, your diary has many secrets in it. Secrets your dad, or your mom, would definitely want to know. For example, you lost your virginity 4 months ago? To a boy you dumped. Then you started dating someone else soon after, and just a week after you started dating, you slept with him too? Also, you've had beer before, even though you've never been drunk, and you've seen 'The Story of O'. That's BDSM Sarah, that's a whole something different. And the proof is all here, in your own handwriting, so I don't think you have much of a choice. I will send scanned copied (which I already have) of this diary to every person you know, including your mom and dad.'

I stared at him in horror, I didn't know what to say. 'So.. what are you going to do with that information?! Don't show it to dad, please I'll do anything!!'

'OK, I wont show it to dad.. if you'll be my slave.'

'Slave? What do I have to do?'

'Whatever I say. You will not be able to do anything for yourself without permission. I will control you completely, and your dad and mom will never know.'

'No Jake, that's not right! What kind of person are you?'

'It doesn't matter Sarah, you have a choice. You either become my slave, or everyone you know, except maybe your best friend who you've told all this to, will forever think of you as a slut. When a person looks at you, that's the first thing they'll think. Even your own parents. So, what will it be? Everyone's disgusted by you, or you lose your will. It's a simple choice really.'

'Jake I... FINE! ok, I mean, I'll be your slave..'

'Good. Then there are some rules you need to follow. First, he said, locking the door as he said it, take off your robe. You have such a fine ass Sarah, show it to me.'

'Wait, what? No!' Jake walked over to me calmly, grabbed my robe and ripped it off me so that I was standing naked in my room with him there fully clothed, and he pulled me over his lap and examined my ass. 'Verry nice..' he said. He rubbed my ass and then really suddenly, he delivered five full force slaps on it.

'This is just a reminder slut, when I do something, you do it without question. You can sleep now Sarah, but you may only wear a bra and panties, and you may not sleep with covers or a pillow. Got it?'

I nodded my head timidly, tears still sliding down my face from the spanks. He walked over to me and slapped my face. 'Good. I'll be watching you.' and he pointed at a little camera on my bedside table. I shivered and cried harder.

'Jake!' He turned, with one eyebrow raised. 'Ummm.. uh.. good night...'

'Goodnight... slut.'

potter1harry 06-29-2011 05:48 PM

wow i love it is it true

Dangerous 06-29-2011 05:56 PM

Cool story. Keep it going.

Silvercola 06-29-2011 09:05 PM

I love it!!!! Let's see some more

Master92 06-29-2011 10:00 PM

More more more please

devildarer 07-01-2011 06:18 PM

Part 2

Thanks for commenting everyone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know what to do! I had to be Jake's slave until I figured out a way to get out of this. He has scanned copies in his email, and has my diary somewhere. Above all that, he knows everything I've ever done. That's not good. I needed to talk to someone, so I called my best friend Jessica. She already knows about all of this, and I needed to talk to someone.

'Hello?'
I told her the story.
'What? Oh my god, you can't do that!'
'I have no choice!'
'We'll find a way to get you out of it, but for now, I guess your his slave. Call me tomorrow, tell me how it goes.'
'Alright. Goodnight Jess'
'Night'

I went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, it was 6:30. I heard a ringing, and found out that it was an alarm clock. It had a sticky note on it.

'From now on you will wake up at 6:30 sharp and make me coffee. One spoon sugar and only a bit of milk. You will learn how to make it just to my liking over time, but for today, lets see how you do. Oh, and good morning, by the way.'

Suddenly, last night came back to me in a flash, and I stumbled. I realized that I have to do this. I went downstairs into the kitchen and made the coffee. I then brought it upstairs to his bedroom. I knocked on the door before I noticed a note.

'Come in and lay on the bed beside me to wake me.'

I walked into his room and set his coffee on his bedside table. I then laid on his bed and nudged him awake. He woke up alert and immediately relaxed when he saw me.

'Take off your clothes.' He ordered. I was hesitant, because being naked in a bed implied things I definitely didn't want to do.

'What did I say?' He asked.

'To.. take off my clothes?'

'Take off my clothes what?'

'Master... take off my clothes master?'

'Yeah good. Now do it!'

I had pulled on a shirt and some pajama pants to make his coffee, and I took them off. I then unhooked my bra and kicked off my panties, still laying in bed next to him.

'Come here.' he said. 'Don't worry I'm not going to fuck you slave.' I came closer and he grabbed my breasts and pulled, pulling and twisting my nipples and fingering my pussy at the same time.

'Did you sleep well?'

'Yes sir.'

'Good.' He grabbed and massaged my ass with the hand he was fingering me with. 'You have such a nice ass Sarah. Now get up.' I got up. 'Bring me my coffee.' I handed it to him. 'Even though I've got a bedroom here Sarah, I live in an apartment a little while from here. You'll be coming there today. Now come here.' I walked close to him, and then very suddenly, he poured the hot coffee from his cup on me. It was hot.

'Ow! Jake! Ow! Ow! Ow!'

'Excuse me? You will take your punishment without complaint.'

My skin was burning from the hot coffee. 'What did I do to be punished for... master?'

'I don't like this coffee. This may be your first time making it for me, but I honestly didn't expect it to be this bad. Now pleasure me. Get down on your knees.

'What?'

'Do as I say, get down on your knees!'

I knew what was coming and I couldn't stop it. He pulled down his pajama pants and boxers to revile a hard 9 inch dick. He forced it into my mouth. 'Suck it slave, suck it hard.' and he started fucking my mouth. I sucked on his dick and stroked it in and out of my mouth. He slapped my face. You're terrible at this you worthless piece of shit, you're going to have some practicing to do. Suck harder!' A little while later he came in my mouth. I made to spit it out, but he covered my mouth with his hand and forced me to swallow it. A bit of it dribbled down my chin, and he took it up with my finger and had me lick it up, then lick his dick clean. His semen tasted disgusting, but then not disgusting. I had trouble swallowing it, even though I didn't mind the taste so much. He grabbed me by my hair and took me into his bathroom and turned on the shower. 'Wash me.'

He pushed me into the shower and stepped in too. I took some soap in my hand and washed him completely. I then used shampoo and conditioner on his hair. Once he was completely done, we stepped out of the shower and I dried him with a towel, then put his clothes on him. He told me to go to my room and wash myself thoroughly. I was not to lock the door, for he would be coming in. I went.

I was just finishing my shower when he came in, holding a tube and something else I couldn't make out.

'I will be giving you a few enemas Sarah. The first one will be a pee enema, you see, I've been needing to go for a while and what better place to go than in my new personal toilet? Well, I guess that's a better ranking for you, your much more worthless and shitty than a toilet. Now, bend on all fours. He lubed the tube and pushed it deep into my ass. It hurt a LOT and I squirmed a little. 'Oh, if you think this hurts, just wait.', and he peed into the tube. The pee flowed right into me with force. I started cramping, and it hurt unbelievably badly! The pain was unbearable, I moaned.

After he finished peeing he said, 'Come into your bedroom. You'll be staying in this position for an hour.'

'Y..yes master.' I said weakly.

HornySlut 07-01-2011 06:45 PM

I love it MORE MORE please

mike12 07-01-2011 07:15 PM

wow. that is a unique experience...

devildarer 07-03-2011 01:07 AM

Part 3

After that piss enema and then one with warm water, I went about my day regularly. He hadn't asked me to do anything yet, and it was 2 o clock. Jake, dad, Stephanie, and I were all watching TV, when Jake spoke.

'Hey Sarah, how about coming over to my apartment now? I need to go there anyways and you could check the place out!'

'Uh.. sure Jake!' Oh no.

'Yeah, Sarah that would be fun for you! Bond with Jake, before you know it you'll be back with your mom and you wont be seeing him again for another month!' my dad commented.

'Yeah, I'll go. When?'

'Let's go now! Wait here, I'm just going to get a few things.'

Jake came back down with a backpack over his shoulder. 'Let's go!'

When we were in the car and we drove a bit away, Jake unzipped his pants. 'Suck it.' I leaned down and took his cock in his mouth. My teeth occasionally hit his dick as we traveled on the bumpy rode, and every time it did, he landed a hard slap on my ass. It didn't hurt that much, as I was clothed.

'When we get to my apartment, I will explain some rules to you. Keep sucking now, we're almost there. You're getting better at this.' and he rubbed my ass.

We finally parked and got out of the car and into his apartment. His building is really nice. There's a gym, a pool, and some other cool things here and there. His apartment looked really nice. Cool furniture, a flat screen TV with a hooked up PS3 and Xbox, 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, a connected dining room, and 2 bathrooms.

He had me remove all my clothes and put me in a kneeling and bowing position with my ass in the air and my hands tied behind my back. I was bowing down to him. He picked up the panties I had just removed and noticed that they were very wet. He smelled them, inhaling deeply, and smiled, rolling the panties into a ball and stuffing them into my mouth. He rubbed my ass again and said 'Wait here.'

I heard him go into the kitchen, then to the living room and turn on the TV. I was still in an uncomfortable bowing position with foul tasting panties in my mouth in the hard wooden floor of the doorway, naked and cold. I was waiting for at least an hour before he came back, took the panties out of my mouth, and stuffed them in my pussy. 'Hello.'

'Hi master.'

'Alright, so ass promised, I will be explaining the rules of your slavery to you now.' He untied my hands, and he had me put my arms above my head, and he re-tied them to a beam at the top of the apartment, standing on a chair. He took out a riding crop, and my body tingled and i closed my eyes and squealed in fear.

'Rule number one!' he said, as he striked me with the crop. 'You will take any punishment given to you, without complaint, even if you believe the punishment is not deserved. I will be the judge of that!' and he striked me again.

He continued striking me in the same order (* = strike):

Rule number two! * You will always refer to me as master, or sir, whenever mom, or your parents aren't around. *

Rule number three! * From now on, to bed, you are only allowed to wear a bra and panties, never with an blanket or pillow. *

Rule number four! * You will be kept under surveillance with cameras at all times, even at your mother's house. *

(by this point I was crying really really badly, the crop hurt so much! and I felt so vulnerable and used in the hanging position I was in)

Rule number five! * When mom or your parents are not around, you will always walk around in a sexy manner, like a little slut. *

Rule number six! * Whenever I say slut, you will pull down your shirt and flash your worthless tits to whoever is around, except for our parents. *

Rule number seven! * You have such a sweet ass. You will be abused there as much as I want, just letting you know. You are to sway your ass around at all times when mom and dad are not home. *

and he hit me 3 more times. 'Now. I will give you more rules when I think of them. For now...' he pulled my panties out of my pussy and stuffed them pack into my mouth. My skin was very bruised, but I was not bleeding anywhere. I needed to pee badly, and i made some noises through my panties. He took them out of my mouth. 'Yes?'

'I need to pee sir.'

'Hold on.' I thought he was going to untie my arms, but instead he went to the kitchen and came back with duct tape and a plastic bucket. He spread my legs and put the bucket in between, then duct taped it on me very tightly. 'There. Now if you have to go, it will fall in the bucket. No mess to clean up later.' My arms were numb, and I couldn't let out my pee. He noticed me struggling and asked, 'Do you want some help?' I nodded. He walked over to me, and then very suddenly and unexpectedly pushed down on my bladder. Pee came squirting out in full force. He took a few close ups of the pee coming out of my pussy with his cell phone. Once my bladder was empty, it seemed like there was a lot of pee in the bucket. He left me there for a little while and then untied me, removed the pee bucket and put it somewhere, and then let me relax and massage my wrists and bruises.

'These aren't bad.' he said. 'Don't worry, they'll go away in a few days.' I nodded. After 10 minutes, he had me come into the living room where I was on all fours and acting as a leg rest for him while he watched TV. After a little bit, he had me get up and wait. He came back with what seemed to be a very slutty french maid's outfit in his arms. 'Put this on.'

I squeezed into it as best I could. It was several sizes to small and is meant to push up some parts in several places for people who actually fit in, so it was pretty hard to put on. He helped me with the bonnet, and then had me put on skin toned stockings and very high black heels. He then had me put a lot of make up on myself in his bathroom. I couldn't believe it when I looked in the mirror. The strapless top part of the dress was pushing and pulling and my breasts so much, that they popped out unbelievably and you could just barely see my nipples underneath. The lace hid them better, but without the lace, they would be in full view. Then the rest of me was stretched small, making me look even more busty. Then my ass was also being pushed in, and from the bottom of the skirt, and my ass looked more rounded and hard under the dress and frills. There was a tiny apron to put on, which made me look like a servant even more, and the heels made me look very slutty. He had me come out and spin around for him.

Nodding, Jake said 'verry nice Sarah.'

'Thank you sir.' I replied obediently.

'Now, go clean the kitchen for me. But first...' he whipped out his dick, and I obediently went on my knees and started sucking. 'Good girl.' he commented. 'You're getting better at this.'

Daring nemder 07-03-2011 07:52 AM

great start thisis a great story so far.

slutpup 07-03-2011 02:09 PM

Is this a true story?

boobslut1 07-07-2011 02:01 PM

This is great you need to wright more

mattman12 07-08-2011 12:51 AM

Great story so far

KittyCat91 07-21-2011 10:29 PM

:)

love your story. can't wait to read more :)

devildarer 07-26-2011 04:07 PM

Part 4

After a few days, I was getting so accustomed to serving Jake, that I was doing what he said without argument. Sometimes it wasn't that bad, but sometimes it was terrible. When it wasn't that bad, he was just getting me to make him coffee or fetch him things. When it was horrible, he was making me suck him off, spilling coffee on me, peeing on or in me, and spanking me. Most of the time is was bad. But some things were good. I've gotten the hang of making his coffee right, and that pleased him enough to not spank me as hard as he usually does during my morning spanking. He makes me practice sucking him, and spanks my bottom every time he feels my teeth at all. I'm getting better at it, but that doesn't mean I particularly enjoy it. I've also gotten accustomed to the taste of him in my mouth. That's probably not going to go away until I get back to my mom's house. I wonder how he's going to be ordering me around from there.

I've been sleeping every night in only my bra and panties, with no pillow or blanket of any kind. He's confiscated all the things in my room except for a few (my new alarm clock, for instance, most of my clothes, and a few panties). The clothes he took were ones that didn't show anything at all, like my long sleeve turtleneck and stuff like that. He only left me a few panties. He took out all the posters in my room and more things like that. He also took all my blankets, pillows, and old stuffed animals, ensuring that no matter what, I'm only allowed to sleep uncomfortably. The one thing he did leave though (but I would be caught dead sleeping with it by him) is a giant stuffed teddy bear that my dad got my when I was little and my mom and dad had just divorced. He knew that it had a lot of sentimental value to me, so he left it here, but warned me that if he caught me using it as a pillow or anything like that, I would wish I were dead.

Today is the 4th out of my 6 day stay here.

I just woke up to the alarm buzzing. My neck hurt after the long night without a pillow again. I got up, but on some clothes, and went downstairs to make master's coffee. Once it was done perfectly, I brought it up, bolted the door, stripped naked, and shook master awake gently, telling him his coffee was ready. I placed it on his small bedside table and got on my knees as he woke up. He woke up groggily, sat up, and leaned his head back on the wall. He picked up his coffee and drank it, not even bothering to spare me a second glance, which made me feel a little bad for some reason. I got up slowly and crawled into his bed. He hugged me affectionately and I immediately felt better. I went under his sheets to his dick. He wore boxers to sleep and I gently pulled them down. His dick was hard and sticking out. I took it in my mouth and began sucking him hard. It was going well, but my teeth accidentally grazed his dick for a fraction of a second. He stiffened, and then calmed down again, so I hoped he let it go. When he finally came in my mouth, I obediently swallowed it all and pulled his boxers back over his erection. I came up out of his blankets and curled myself up next to him in bed. He rubbed me gently, for a few seconds.

'The coffee was good today Sarah, I'm very pleased by your progress.'

'Thank you master.' I replied.

'Since it wasn't practice time, Sarah, I will forgive you on your mishap while you were sucking me today. Just make sure it doesn't happen again. I'd hate to see that beautiful ass of yours as swollen as it was the last time.'

'Yes master.' I said. It was true, my ass still hadn't healed fully. It was still pretty purple looking.

'Now get up. You're getting much too comfortable. Put on your spreader bar and stand in the corner facing the wall. Not a word from you.'

I got up and did as he asked silently. I wondered if he were going to be using the dildo on me. This wouldn't be the first time, and I hated the dildo a lot.

'Now, Sarah, I will be using your dildo on you. I've gotten you a new one. 10 inches, and very thick. This one wont be going into your pussy though. I think you've had enough of that. No, this will be penetrating you in that fine ass of yours. My eyes widened in shock, not that he could see. My hands were on my head and I was facing the corner, away from him with a spreader bar between my legs. I was in such a fetal position it almost made me want to cry. He came up behind me, hugging me passionately and stuffed a ball gag into my mouth. 'Don't want anyone to hear you now, do we?' he asked. Now, tears really were falling from my eyes. He wiped them away with his fingers. Shhh Sarah, stop crying. The pain won't last forever.' I breathed a shaky breath through my nose.

'Now, I'm lubing this up so that it wont hurt as much. That ass is really tight Sarah.' As soon as he was done he came up behind me and lovingly grasped me with one hand. He grabbed my boob with that hand and massaged it while his right one was rubbing my ass. He took the lubed dildo and gently pushed it into my ass and out. In and out in fluid motions like that, going deeper each time. The pain suddenly got unbearable as he ripped through my ass again and again. Once he got the full 10 inches of thick dildo in, I couldn't help it, and I screamed in pain. He slapped me ass, and I screamed more. The screams came muffled through my ball gag. You could barely notice I was screaming. He slapped my ass again. 'Be quiet or that dildo is staying in there. Now I'm going to do your morning spanking now, with that still in there, as a reward for acting so well today.'

In my head I was thinking 'what kind of reward is that?', but I didn't dare say it out loud, not that I would be able to get the words out through my ball gag anyways.

So I was hauled over by him, my hands still on my head, the tears still in my eyes, the spreader bar still very uncomfortably between my legs, and the 10 inch dildo still in my ass, and over his lap. 'Lets take this off, shall we?' and he removed the spreader bar from between my legs. It felt relieving to say the least to not have those restraints on my legs anymore, but it put the pain of the dildo into a worse perspective. The pain was bewildering! I shook a little at it, but otherwise calmed myself down and tried to think about something else.
That was before the slaps came.
The spanks on my ass weren't delivered with very much force, but it still hurt an unbelievable amount, pushing the dildo in further that I thought possible. My ass was on fire by the end of it. and that helped me focus a little less on the pain of the dildo and more on the pain of my ass. He took out my ball gag, and pulled my arms gently down in a more comfortable position and rubbed me tenderly. He hugged me and said 'I'm sorry if that was uncomfortable baby, but it needed to be done. and so does this. and with one fluid motion, he grabbed the end of the dildo and yanked it out fast. He clamped his hand over my mouth right before I screamed louder than I would think possible, angry tears forming in my eyes at the astonishing and unexpected sudden pain that brought. My ass burned unbelievably, but it still felt so relieving to have the dildo out. He Took the dildo tenderly in his hands and examined the filth. There was some brown stuff on it too. It was disgusting. He massaged my jaw and gently opened my mouth. I opened it automatically, stupid of me, but if I didn't I'd probably fare worse, and he put the dildo in my mouth. I sucked on it like it was his cock, and licked it clean. The stuff on it tasted unbelievably gross, but I knew it was just from my own ass, and that made me feel a little bit better.

Once I was done licking, he took it away, and dried it on a paper towel, and put it away.
'You did very good today Sarah. I'll give you a break for now. Put your clothes on. I got them on and quickly went to my bathroom. I brushed my hair and my teeth, and washed my face. My eyes seemed hectic, and my hair was a mess. I then went downstairs and made myself breakfast and coffee. Jake came down soon after, looking very well groomed and calm. He eyed my breakfast, and continued to the TV, where he plopped down and surfed the channels. I had to admit, that if I were a few years older, and Jake was never my master, I would probably have a crush on him, but now, whenever he walked by me, it sent fear chills up my spine. I felt like there was this aura around him that forced me into doing everything he says, but no longer out of fear of him telling my parents about my diary. Just out of fear of him. It was weird how submissive I am to him now. It's like all of this has been hiding in me for so long and it had never gotten a chance to come out until Jake forced it out.

I just realized now why Jake eyed my breakfast, and why that sly grin came to his face. I made myself sausages. That was stupid of me to not realize he would find that funny. But then, the fact that he grinned at it made me feel good inside. Like a wave of something else that wasn't fear washed through me. I grinned and said 'Hey, Jake'. He turned with one eyebrow raised, and with a fear jolt in my stomach, I realized my mistake. 'I.. I mean master..'
He kept his eyebrow raised. Oh well, better late than never. 'Look!' and I took the sausage in my mouth as though I were sucking it. He chuckled, and his face softened a little. It made me feel good. More than good, great, to make him laugh. It sent love shivers up my body. I looked at him differently, and the aura around him was no longer fear, but longing. I wanted to please him and make him laugh. But the fear was still there, just a little more in the shadows.