getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Dice Dares (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Dice Dares Program (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=175599)

wedgiedarer 04-17-2014 12:26 AM

Dice Dares Program

Hey everyone!

I've been working on learning the C programming language, and I wanted to try out the things that I've learned. So I made a Dice Dares Program. In the program there are seven different dice dares right now. (Some are male only, some are Female only, and some are both.) When you start it up, it asks for your gender and then it gives you a list of dares available for your gender. You can then pick what dare you want to play. Once you pick one, it guides you through the dare asking you what you rolled for each part and then giving you your result. I'd like to encourage everyone to download the program and give feedback on how to improve it. (Even if you don't want to actually do the dares.)

DISCLAIMER: None of the dares in the program are mine. The program features various types of dice dares from this site (With the original creators permission) and the original creator of each is specified in the program.

Also, if you have a dice dare that you'd like me to include, let me know. Or if you know of a good one, let me know and I'll ask the creator about adding it to the program.

Here is the download link for v1.1:
Mac and Windows: http://bit.ly/1hUDEtZ

loblob 04-17-2014 05:26 AM

Seems pretty cool, trying it out now, but could you include a dice roller in the program?

cheesy dude 04-17-2014 05:45 AM

ew pooey C wont work on my linux how lame.

Anyway, you should see if you can make "new" dice dares based on what type of thing a user is into. For example if I like public dares you program takes all the public dares and creates a mixure of them all to make a new public dare where 1.2.3.4.5.6 rolls are a new combination.

leveret2 04-17-2014 07:24 AM

Really cool concept! I'd like to see where this goes...

But one small issue: for the last roll, it shows it for all of about .5 seconds and then closes the program. Perhaps there's a way to keep the program open after the last step?

Also, is there a way to maybe incorporate a die, so that it rolls for you?

wedgiedarer 04-17-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loblob (Post 1308217)
Seems pretty cool, trying it out now, but could you include a dice roller in the program?

That's a really good idea. I'm just beginning in the language, so I'm not sure exactly how I would do that yet, but I'll read a little more and see if I can figure it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leveret2 (Post 1308340)
But one small issue: for the last roll, it shows it for all of about .5 seconds and then closes the program. Perhaps there's a way to keep the program open after the last step?

Hmm.. It doesn't do that when I test it, but I'll look and see if I can work on that. Thanks for the input!

BagofSwag 04-17-2014 01:48 PM

I'm also having the same problem as leveret2, with the program closing almost instantly upon entering the number of the last dice roll. Great program though, enjoyed it!

Fetique 04-17-2014 03:59 PM

For fixing the instant close issue, the easiest solution would probably be to set up another input, even though you won't use the result for any other part of the program. The effect would be equal to a "Press ENTER to close", except you'd be able to write anything before you press enter, but that won't hurt anyone.

wedgiedarer 04-17-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fetique (Post 1308941)
For fixing the instant close issue, the easiest solution would probably be to set up another input, even though you won't use the result for any other part of the program. The effect would be equal to a "Press ENTER to close", except you'd be able to write anything before you press enter, but that won't hurt anyone.

Yeah this is what I was thinking of doing when I get back to my computer to do it.

qatguy 04-17-2014 11:44 PM

Is it possible to use this program on my Android phone?

Collared_Slave 04-18-2014 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qatguy (Post 1309297)
Is it possible to use this program on my Android phone?

Sadly not, this is why all programs for android are java based. C programs only work on the operating system they are targeted for.

qatguy 04-18-2014 05:20 AM

i just ran this program on my computer, and it kicks major butt!

Also, i found out, that if you have a Windows phone, that you can run it.
(sadly, i only have a Android phone ;-( )

undielover 04-18-2014 08:40 AM

The mac version doesn't work on my mac. Is there something I have to do after downloading it?

TimMyself 04-18-2014 11:24 AM

Really good program!, Maybe you could make it a bit more graphical? But really nice, i didn't know you could do that in Terminal

JosephDaftPunk 04-18-2014 11:28 AM

This is an awesome program! I myself use a lot of C and shall try making something similar if thats okay with you! :)

SlavePuppy 04-18-2014 11:30 AM

Can't seem to download it onto my mac any advice?