getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Dares (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I Dare you to go Barefoot until you get kicked out! (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=42741)

Heckler86 03-06-2010 10:29 AM

I Dare you to go Barefoot until you get kicked out!

Long time lurker, first time posting.

Easy enough of a dare, weather permitting, but with spring quickly approaching, it should hopefully start getting better soon!

So thats it. Simple sounding enough. And yeah, Im a foot guy. But after reading some of the posts regarding anything to do with barefoot, it seems to me that just about everyone is too afraid to go anywhere without their shoes because they will get kicked out. So, this dare is kind of specific to help everyone overcome that fear of getting kicked out of places for going in without shoes on.

This was a dare I had to do last summer when I was bagging on my ex girlfriend for always wanting to buy just about every pair of shoes she sees then never wears them, like anywhere. She came up with the idea that I had to go barefoot until I got kicked out of some place that we went into.

At the time I thought it wouldnt be a big deal as the first place I would go would end up kicking me out, and since I was planning on getting kicked out, it wouldnt matter. So, I went to a 7-11, no luck, they didnt say anything, went to a Burger King, still no luck, video store, I know people noticed but nobody cared. Next day, same thing. Nobody said shit. I think someone complimented me on my "fashionable footwear". I didnt have any luck the next day either.

Every place that I went into, I went in barefoot, and nobody said a damn thing. I really expected to get kicked out of a restraunt, but the waitress just looked at me and said something about her wishing she could just come to work totally barefoot as her shoes were killing her. This went on for a couple of WEEKS. Wal Mart, Banks, Fast Food, Restraunts, even went to the MALL! Then of all places that got mad at me, the receptionist at my apartment complex was the first one to tell me that I couldnt come in with bare feet! By this time, I was so used to it that I barely even remembered that I didnt have any shoes on.

Point is, that I dont think as many places will kick you out for going barefoot as you think, and that you really wont know UNTIL you do it just to get kicked out! On the bright side, its not a crime or anything, and since you'll be planning on getting caught, you wont really have anything to lose by doing it and getting caught! If I were to try to dare someone to continue go naked into every store she normally goes to until they get arrested, then someone isnt gonna be too happy, but I've never heard of anyone getting arrested for not wearing their shoes!

So thats it! You just have to go barefoot (except to work or school) ALL the time until you get kicked out! Go to your boyfriends, or girlfriends house sans shoes, go to the store, go to the Mall, etc. Leave em off, leave em in the car, at home, in your microwave oven, I dont really care, just dont wear them! I wont expect someone to have to go to work or school shoeless during the dare, as there are many people that may want to take the dare but the conditions of their employment may not really call for it. Like construction, or something else where someone could get seriously hurt. But as soon as youre off work, bye bye Burka's!

But like I said, and this is early March, some places of the country there is still gonna be snow, and rain, and other crappy cold miserable weather, so it wouldnt be a big deal if you wanted to wait until the weather got better, but once it does, try it. At least once. And if you dont get kicked out, not just caught, but asked to leave the store for not wearing shoes, then you can stop going barefoot everywhere!

Extra Credit: Leave your shoes and socks at home!

Extra Extra Credit: Go barefoot in snow!

Dutch 03-06-2010 11:13 AM

Hmmmm I have never heard anyone being kicked out of anything for wearing no shoes. That seems totally weird to me.

My main reason for wearing shoes is protection from all crap on the streets. So be careful where you walk!

Heckler86 03-06-2010 11:21 AM

I suppose it depends on where you live. You get to dodge broken glass and trash in the city, country you get to dodge sharp rocks and thorny plants. Take your pick. Im semi rural here.

Hg. 03-06-2010 11:25 AM

Me too.

I always fear standing on broken glass or tacks, nails or spittle (apparently the lastest craze for the adolescent generation).

A couple of days ago I bearfooted a way through a muddy wood, but I suddenly had the intense fear of some unknown, unnamable (but thoroughly non-existant) parasite living in the mud waiting to burrow through my foot and enter my bloodstream, so I fearfully put my shoes back on.

I would try it again for sure, as soon as I reassure myself about the 'deadly' dangers I imagine I would face actually doing so.

greatsayaman 03-06-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hg. (Post 243537)
I always fear standing on broken glass or tacks, nails or spittle (apparently the lastest craze for the adolescent generation).

It's there to prevent people walking without shoes, ironically.

Heckler86 03-06-2010 11:36 AM

We are the only species that wears shoes (or puts shoes on other species), what makes us think that we "need" to wear shoes is the way we treat our planet! Walk around for a while without em and most people will probably think twice the next time they throw an empty glass bottle out on the street or sidewalk!

greatsayaman 03-06-2010 12:02 PM

Walk bare-footed and I guarantee you that they'll go hunting for more glass to smash in your path.

That's what kids are like. ;D

Nixie 03-06-2010 05:02 PM

haha we have signs all over the place her "No Shirt No Shoes No Service"

Really doesn't stop me when the weather gets warm I loooooove to be barefoot and live that way only grab my flip flops if I have to, Also if we get pulled over and don't have sneakers on while driving we get in trouble... Damned state...

Matt Uk 03-06-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixie (Post 243664)
haha we have signs all over the place her "No Shirt No Shoes No Service"

haha reminds me of that sign some bar has that is now online:

Men - No Shirt, No Service
Women - No Shirt, Free Drinks

Haha :p

but yeah personally i never have bare feet, but don't mind other people going bare feet. I Just personally hate my feet; but i have no objections to the concept of bare feet :p

Heckler86 03-07-2010 09:27 AM

All the more reason to do it then.

Or, are you... chicken? :p

NotANerd 03-07-2010 09:50 PM

This is perfect for college students, as most college professors/buildings don't have dress codes generally. You could seriously be 100% barefoot for quite a while you're lucky.

Hunterman36 03-08-2010 12:34 AM

I love this dare, but to say I guess it's kust second nature to wear shoes I mean this one time I stepped on a nail and it went through my foot I don't think a shoe would stop that but still I'm doing this

Heckler86 03-13-2010 10:41 AM

I guess I posted too soon. It snowed this week. TWICE.

Getting really sick of the weather, and looking forward to doing dares like this when it gets a bit warmer. Shoeless in snow for extended periods of time can cause frostbite so I dont expect anyone to be taking the dare just yet...

henkdejong 03-13-2010 10:52 AM

I did get kicked out of a shop because I didn't wear a shirt once...
(I just came from the beach)
It was in Italy.

Heckler86 03-18-2010 06:15 PM

Guess a lot of it depends on where you live. For example, going shoeless in hawaii, they probably look at you funny for wearing shoes.

So how many takers on the dare?