getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Religious views? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=102956)

austinchilds10 03-25-2012 05:24 PM

Religious views?

Yeah, it's a touchy subject for some people, but I'm curious as to what the getDare community believes in! So what do you believe in? If you want to, tell us why!

daremaster 1 03-25-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinchilds10 (Post 648957)
Yeah, it's a touchy subject for some people, but I'm curious as to what the getDare community believes in! So what do you believe in? If you want to, tell us why!

Yes, I'm a very religous person, but this is not the place to discuss this type of matter. I really don't thank this is a good idea as thread.

austinchilds10 03-25-2012 05:38 PM

If, on this site, we can go into all the sexual things that we do, things that many people in society consider "crossing the line," then I think we can handle a religious conversation. It's not saying who is wrong or right, it is just a simple question.

Manbearpig 03-25-2012 05:41 PM

This post is fine as long as it is just saying our personal religious views. What is not okay is someone bashing someone else for their religious views. If that occurs, this thread could be trashed and the user insulting could receive an infraction.

As for myself, I am Christian. I have talked about my own personal views on my blog many times. If you really want to know more, search there.

austinchilds10 03-25-2012 05:43 PM

Many questions on here go way too personal in my opinion, and people have no problem with it, so what is wrong with a question about religion?

Dravot 03-25-2012 05:43 PM

Heathen, the Ancestral religion of Northern Europe. Yes, the same Gods and Goddesses as the vikings believed in and most of Northern Europe for centuries before them as well.

austinchilds10 03-25-2012 05:45 PM

Manbearpig- i didn't think it would be a problem, and I hope people are mature enough not to bash other peoples beliefs, but to just share their own!

daremaster 1 03-25-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinchilds10 (Post 648965)
If, on this site, we can go into all the sexual things that we do, things that many people in society consider "crossing the line," then I think we can handle a religious conversation. It's not saying who is wrong or right, it is just a simple question.

Ok, I can look at it in that way.

I am Christian. :)

spacegal24 03-25-2012 05:48 PM

I myself am an atheist. A "woman of science," you could say. I was brought up atheist, though my parents did teach us about the different religions and what they entailed.

austinchilds10 03-25-2012 05:49 PM

Daremaster- thank you for being mature and trying to look from other points of views, most people won't even do that, but nevertheless, I didn't tell mine. I'm an atheist.

daremaster 1 03-25-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinchilds10 (Post 648979)
Daremaster- thank you for being mature and trying to look from other points of views, most people won't even do that, but nevertheless, I didn't tell mine. I'm an atheist.

It's just I was worried about what Manbearbig said, about the bashing on religon. But he said they will control it and I really don't thank people would be like that although I have ran in to people on this site that have done it. :/

austinchilds10 03-25-2012 06:08 PM

I bought about that, but I trust that people will do the right thing.

spacegal24 03-25-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinchilds10 (Post 648984)
I bought about that, but I trust that people will do the right thing.

I hope so. This looks like it could be an interesting thread!

austinchilds10 03-25-2012 06:23 PM

I thought so too, my vision was people discussing other religious beliefs while respecting them at the same time.

spacegal24 03-25-2012 06:26 PM

Yeah, sadly, I've never had a conversation like that. Living here in Texas, it's difficult to discuss religion with someone without them getting offended or angry. I've even gotten physically attacked a couple of times, all because I said I was an atheist!