getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Does anyone actually do any dares? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=319193)

Techguy 08-15-2017 01:38 PM

Does anyone actually do any dares?

I've been wondering how many people actually do their dares. There are many that are required or agree to dares but I don't see many actually doing them. For example, there are a lot of exposure dares where the results are supposed to be posted on kinktalk but few are.
Honestly I have not done most of my dares. Usually it's because the person I lost to never asks if I did or will so I feel like I'm playing alone which feels odd to me.
I would love to hear from others if they accomplish dares or not and also describe the most daring dares they have done.

IceMaiden 08-15-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Techguy (Post 2920581)
I've been wondering how many people actually do their dares. There are many that are required or agree to dares but I don't see many actually doing them. For example, there are a lot of exposure dares where the results are supposed to be posted on kinktalk but few are.
Honestly I have not done most of my dares. Usually it's because the person I lost to never asks if I did or will so I feel like I'm playing alone which feels odd to me.
I would love to hear from others if they accomplish dares or not and also describe the most daring dares they have done.

There is a thread with a similar question in the truth section with a few answers. Not many, but some. Here:

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=318082

There's always going to be people who say they did it but actually didn't. You can usually spot these right away though. There are people that follow through on things, you just have to weed through the ones who don't to find them.

nina@ 08-15-2017 05:04 PM

Interesting question.. when I was new here I wondered the same thing and even conducted this poll here asking the same and got some valuable insights..

Like Icemaiden said, many do but there are always some who say they do but don't do them. But, sometimes it also that dares given are unreasonable or not relevant with respect to the likes or limits of the dare seeker.

badboy3892 08-17-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nina@ (Post 2920803)
But, sometimes it also that dares given are unreasonable or not relevant with respect to the likes or limits of the dare seeker.

Yeah, that's the big thing about it. If I ask for a dare and somebody spouts off stuff that's clearly listed in my limits, or something that's potentially harmful/unsafe, or a task that's not realistically achievable, or that would go on for weeks or months... of course I'm going to ignore stuff like that. But if I'm given something I would enjoy doing even if it's a *little* outside my comfort zone though, I'll be a lot more likely to follow through, and willing to prove that I did. :cool:

Scrap 08-17-2017 08:48 PM

I do all the dares I am given or take unless they clearly violate my limits. Depending on the specifics, I will sometimes push myself.

TwinWolv3s 08-17-2017 09:34 PM

i always do the dares i go in for as long as like if i lose to someone they respond and such like that i dont see why i wouldn't it ruins the fun cause as long as it doesn't go against my limits dont see why i wouldn't want to

Vodin30 08-17-2017 09:48 PM

I try to do all dares that I am given unless they clearly violate my limits, or are just completely unrealistic. Many of you have most likely noticed that there are those people that just want dares but never reciprocate at all.

sissydiaper 08-17-2017 09:58 PM

i always do the dare given to me and never say no to a dare

neutrois 08-17-2017 11:41 PM

I will blur the lines, because I usually have a point I'm trying to prove to my dom by doing stuff for him

Cizeta 08-19-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nina@ (Post 2920803)
Interesting question.. when I was new here I wondered the same thing and even conducted this poll here asking the same and got some valuable insights..

Like Icemaiden said, many do but there are always some who say they do but don't do them. But, sometimes it also that dares given are unreasonable or not relevant with respect to the likes or limits of the dare seeker.

Unfortunately I was temporarily away from the website when I got your pm dare, so I missed out on that.

Would gladly accept any dares you'd like to give me from my list! And free reign over the amt of edges you'd like to endow me with!

ChasteTeddyBear 08-19-2017 06:32 PM

I typically do 90% give or take. With then 10% being either wildly unreasonable, outside the design of the original dare, against my limits or I just forget. Which I assume are the main reason why most people don't follow through if they don't.

batfinch 08-19-2017 11:54 PM

One of the sillest ideas is people who set loser dares before the other two post.

It clearly presents people doing it if its against their limits.

The other problem is folk who don't have their sex in their profile.

Certain dares are sex specific so you are restricted in what you give

aussiejake01 08-19-2017 11:58 PM

I'm normally pretty obsessive about doing any dare I've committed to. There's been a couple of times I've probably committed to something that pushes things a bit too far, and fortunately I've ended up not needing to do them as the other person hasn't been available to do, for example, a webcam forfeit.

rhl 08-20-2017 12:27 AM

Ive done many dares, a lot of them public.
Yes some requests have been stupid, no challenge, are so public that I'd be arrested. Almost was while doing one dare. Well i had a top and matching skirt on, something a girl would have no problems wearing. But hey i guess what is good for the gander is not good for the goose.

Pet_Peter 08-20-2017 01:21 AM

I'm doing all my dares.
When giving out PM dares I think most of them get done, but don't know for sure.
When I message people in slave or exposure dares (typical kik) I get maybe a 10% success.
It is a pity and you wonder why they are listing themselves and why they bother to be on GetDare.