getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Shoes without socks? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=288807)

switchman10 01-11-2017 10:09 PM

I only skip socks if I need shoes for a very short trip (basement, garage, etc.). Otherwise, I always wear socks and shoes because it's more comfortable than just wearing shoes.

I would not wear socks with sandals or surfwalkers.

Danii9207 01-11-2017 10:37 PM

No socks: anything that has an open top. i.e. flats, heels, sandals.

Things likerunners/sneakers, boots etc. are never worn without socks. That just gives you a horrible feeling, plus you'll ruin the shoes if you do it often enough or for long periods of time.

Socks with no shoes is very comfortable though!

andrew_b 01-11-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danii9207 (Post 2615589)

No socks: anything that has an open top. i.e. flats, heels, sandals.

Things likerunners/sneakers, boots etc. are never worn without socks. That just gives you a horrible feeling, plus you'll ruin the shoes if you do it often enough or for long periods of time.

Socks with no shoes is very comfortable though!

Ah okay that makes sense really

Juliett 01-12-2017 05:20 PM

Well, I never wear socks with shoes like flip flops, sandals, heels and so on as it either looks weird or feels rather uncomfortable. Or both, for me at least.

As for flats and chucks and sneakers, I usually do wear socks. With first two kinds, I prefer wearing some low cut socks, though.
If I want to put on such shoes on without socks, most of time I'll just wear some old pair. In fact, I've two old pairs of chucks that I never wear socks with.

andrew_b 01-12-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliett (Post 2616831)
Well, I never wear socks with shoes like flip flops, sandals, heels and so on as it either looks weird or feels rather uncomfortable. Or both, for me at least.

As for flats and chucks and sneakers, I usually do wear socks. With first two kinds, I prefer wearing some low cut socks, though.
If I want to put on such shoes on without socks, most of time I'll just wear some old pair. In fact, I've two old pairs of chucks that I never wear socks with.

Heels, sandals makes sense without socks

I'm surprised you wear them with flats though

Juliett 01-12-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_b (Post 2616837)
Heels, sandals makes sense without socks

A lot of people I know do, actually. While I certainly wear socks with flats way less often than I do with eg. sneakers, I still wear them like that.
Most of time it's rather difficult to tell whether one has socks on or not, as long as they're low cut socks, without staring.

warriorslave 01-12-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doux et vivant (Post 2614705)
I like socks. I would never wear them with sandals of course but I do love to slide around the house in them.

I'm the same way! I'm usually wearing socks.

Danii9207 01-12-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_b (Post 2616837)

Hue sell some liner socks for flats. Doesn't always stay on properly though.

andrew_b 01-12-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliett (Post 2616856)
A lot of people I know do, actually. While I certainly wear socks with flats way less often than I do with eg. sneakers, I still wear them like that.
Most of time it's rather difficult to tell whether one has socks on or not, as long as they're low cut socks, without staring.

I have a keen eye and generally can notice if socks are worn with them kind of shoes

Maybe that's just me though

andrew_b 01-12-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danii9207 (Post 2617241)

Hue sell some liner socks for flats. Doesn't always stay on properly though.

Yes that's the type of socks I was assuming alright