getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Bets & Challenges (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Exposure raffle (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=283830)

Slave_boy68 04-19-2019 03:57 PM

I will be in for this again

Cstelle 04-19-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cstelle (Post 3634744)
- make the bonus thing part of the Exposure Raffle: participation reduces risk

Er... or increases...? I didn't think this through...

(Any mathematicians about?)

schwansexy 04-20-2019 01:09 AM

I am in for this raffle

Slaveuk 04-20-2019 05:38 AM

I am in for the raffle

aus guy 04-20-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cstelle (Post 3634744)
Isn't the suggestion contrary the very idea of the Exposure Raffle game: greater daring guarantees lower risk? Perhaps I misunderstand?

I don't even see the idea of the current bonus round thing - but participation is voluntary so... *shrug*. I regard it as an entirely different game played in parallel with the Exposure Raffle.

Tentative counter-suggestions:

- make the bonus thing part of the Exposure Raffle: participation reduces risk
- adjust the ticket reductions (which I find a little unbalanced) so that they encourage participants to join with several pictures and with greater "pictorial daring" rather than with [uncheckable] names and places. (Also compare the daring of "John" from "New York" with the daring of "Swidthiof" from "St Altbock", a village of 25 in "Ruritania" - where everybody knows everybody...)

However - I think that the current system works very well!

The bonus round was introduced because a number of people wanted to put a lot of pics/info at risk of exposure, but also have a high chance of exposure. It seems there are two camps, those who want to reduce their risk of exposure with more pics, and those who want to increase the risk with more pics. I don't think we have enough entrants to run separate raffles for each camp, but happy to be proven wrong.

On the unbalanced reductions, they are deliberately somewhat vague. They need to be a little vague to cater for males and females, as well as individual circumstances. As long as people are following the spirit of the game, I accept the reductions. For example, some people have submitted nude pics outside that are clearly in very public spaces with full face in broad daylight, yet they are very relaxed and into it. Others have submitted outside pics in their backyard at night, with no face, and are clearly nervous. In my eyes both deserve the reduction. That's the intent behind the categories, and I do reject reductions for those who don't play in the spirit of the game. I'm interested to hear of specific changes you would like to make though, feel free to PM me if needed.

aus guy 04-20-2019 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldore (Post 3634824)
I like the idea of a random bonus round. However i agree with Cstelle, not everyone may be willing to put themselves at an even chance of exposure. Maybe if you were to set it up where the bonus round was just a second draw with a random half of the participants so that those who dont want to risk their exposure with the same percentage as everyone else dont have to. I do however like the idea of the extra pick somehow being random. That way its more exciting to enter knowing you could be in a draw twice rather than once, and not being able to choose if you are in the second draw or not. I am always for adding excitement to the game.

Not quite sure what you mean, isn't this what we have now?

aus guy 04-20-2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendragirl (Post 3634947)
I could see it giving a ticket reduction.

I'd be happy to give a ticket reduction, but it seems a lot of people like the high risk of being exposed. Perhaps when entering the bonus round, you choose if you want a ticket reduction?

ratkinwa 04-20-2019 09:10 AM

I like the idea of the bonus round as a sort of leveler.
To balance out the two camps maybe make the extra pictures have the option of not reducing your raffle ticket count? Make it so that unless specified they do reduce your ticket count but the extra daring can add more pictures and keep their base ticket number?
Doing that could also be used for the bonus round opt in as well. Joining it could reduce your overall raffle ticket count or not based on user choice since the bonus round comes with a higher risk either way. For those that choose to reduce their tickets with it (the default in this hypothetical set up) it adds an interesting risk vs. reward setup.
Any thoughts on adding a more extreme image that is only shared in the off chance that someone is picked for both the main game and also the bonus round?

Cstelle 04-20-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

It seems there are two camps, those who want to reduce their risk of exposure with more pics, and those who want to increase the risk with more pics.
S'what I said. Two separate games, running in parallel.

*shrug*

ratkinwa 04-20-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aus guy (Post 3635757)
I don't think we have enough entrants to run separate raffles for each camp, but happy to be proven wrong.

This line is the important modifier as to why parallel games might not work.

Sheldore 04-20-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratkinwa (Post 3635964)
I like the idea of the bonus round as a sort of leveler.
To balance out the two camps maybe make the extra pictures have the option of not reducing your raffle ticket count? Make it so that unless specified they do reduce your ticket count but the extra daring can add more pictures and keep their base ticket number?
Doing that could also be used for the bonus round opt in as well. Joining it could reduce your overall raffle ticket count or not based on user choice since the bonus round comes with a higher risk either way. For those that choose to reduce their tickets with it (the default in this hypothetical set up) it adds an interesting risk vs. reward setup.
Any thoughts on adding a more extreme image that is only shared in the off chance that someone is picked for both the main game and also the bonus round?

I think this is a good idea. Its not so much a "parallel game" as it is a game inside a game, it may even give the people who dont know if they want to be exposed more of a chace of joining the bonus round and it also gives a higher chance of the people who definitively want to be exposed getting exposed.

thewondergut 04-21-2019 03:42 PM

Had fun last time. Figured I'd go in again.

aussieslaveboi 04-21-2019 09:51 PM

Look I think the bonus round is great as it is - I mean entering the raffle is opting in for risk at a base level and then opting in for the bonus round is just rolling those dice again, but slightly riskier. So the raffle as is is great! :)

That being said I like what Ratkinwa said about adding risk and being able to opt out of the reductions. As well as the idea of adding a much more risque photo group/option. I think there may be an interesting twist to that which could be added without too much difficulty:

* We have the first normal draw done as usual.
* The bonus round draw which is same as usual.
* Then a third draw just like the first one is done again. When the loser is drawn, only people who did not use cost reductions AND who submitted an equal amount (or more) of pictures and such will be sent the pictures.

It allows more risk to be added for people and also counterbalances it with more reward. What do you think? You would probably have to add 2 columns to your spreadsheet - one being whether they opted for reductions and the other being the number of things submitted - or you could say certain photos have whatever value and add that value together

What do you guys think?

jh81 04-22-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussieslaveboi (Post 3637756)
Look I think the bonus round is great as it is - I mean entering the raffle is opting in for risk at a base level and then opting in for the bonus round is just rolling those dice again, but slightly riskier. So the raffle as is is great! :)

That being said I like what Ratkinwa said about adding risk and being able to opt out of the reductions. As well as the idea of adding a much more risque photo group/option. I think there may be an interesting twist to that which could be added without too much difficulty:

* We have the first normal draw done as usual.
* The bonus round draw which is same as usual.
* Then a third draw just like the first one is done again. When the loser is drawn, only people who did not use cost reductions AND who submitted an equal amount (or more) of pictures and such will be sent the pictures.

It allows more risk to be added for people and also counterbalances it with more reward. What do you think? You would probably have to add 2 columns to your spreadsheet - one being whether they opted for reductions and the other being the number of things submitted - or you could say certain photos have whatever value and add that value together

What do you guys think?

Too many games will get confusing IMO. How about leaving the bonus round as it is, but replacing the home town deduction with "Impress Me!" for upto four points.
  • Don't post anything? No deduction
  • Something a bit mild - sexy underwear, some skin, etc? One point
  • Doing something a bit naughty? OK, two points then.
  • That's a bit kinky? Three points then.
  • Rule 34 embodied? The full four points.

Basically, for those that really get off on showing off, there's four points to be won; do your worst! We all trust aus_guy to make a fair judgement.

Thoughts?

Cstelle 04-24-2019 10:18 AM

I know, most of you don't care, but I do: I want my pix (the one's you'll never see... I hope!) to be pleasant to look at, fun to make, and embarrassingly... embarrassing! if you eventually get to see them.

I must now report that a) I haven't yet decided whether to participate in R 17 or not, but b) I've made two serious attempts to take the necessary photos, and c) I need some new ideas, because the pix I've taken this far are just shite!

Of course - part of the problem is that at this time of year I look like a beached albino seal...

I guess I'm just fishing for/inviting encouragement. (This exposure/exhibitionist thing is not a fetish for me, just a kink. I think it's fun, cool, and hot!)