getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   The Authors' Cafe (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   need some help with an upcoming story (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=272992)

crazylildoll 08-17-2016 09:28 AM

need some help with an upcoming story

Hi,

a good friend asked me for my thoughts, since she couldn`t decide, so, i suggested i could ask you all... kinda figured it was the best way...

won`t go much into detail, but, she wants to write a mind control bdsm story.
she`s written few one on one stories before, but now she wishes to expand her
writing.

what she`s unsure of, is how the story should be, what type of person should
the main character be.

thanks in advance for your vote ;)

SwitchKinkyM 08-17-2016 10:11 AM

The character should be a combination of nice and extreme. Think two different personalities depending on who is around and the situation. He could also switch back and forth in one scene, so you'd also have his regret to incorporate.

hornyyoungslut 08-17-2016 11:35 AM

i think that since the story is about mind control, the main character should be manipulative and nice but also have a sadistic/extreme side.

Hence, at times, the main character manipulates the secondary character or whoever into thinking whatever the main character wants them to think, when in turn, the sadistic actions contradict what was said.

I hope that makes sense.

SwitchKinkyM 08-17-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornyyoungslut (Post 2373620)
i think that since the story is about mind control, the main character should be manipulative and nice but also have a sadistic/extreme side.

Hence, at times, the main character manipulates the secondary character or whoever into thinking whatever the main character wants them to think, when in turn, the sadistic actions contradict what was said.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you for saying what I tried to, only more eloquently. :)

hornyyoungslut 08-17-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwitchKinkyM (Post 2373990)
Thank you for saying what I tried to, only more eloquently. :)

you're welcome, i think it would be a great story!

crazylildoll 08-19-2016 01:14 PM

thank you all for voting and your lovely comments, we saw them and talked quite a bit about it. and your other variant is very nice and could well be implimented in either choice 2 or 3.

we talked about it, and she says that 2 and 3 are the best options in her opinion. but each has it`s ups and downs, for example, 2 is for a much bigger number of readers, while 3rd option has very few limits overall meaning that you can let your darker fantasies roll, but, most people just wouldn`t find it fitting their reading preference...

Toybox Girl 08-19-2016 08:07 PM

Voting for three, if it's still open to suggestions! ♥

crazylildoll 08-19-2016 08:31 PM

thanks for the vote ;) and sure, it`ll stay open till september 16th

MasterMichaelNY 08-20-2016 01:07 AM

Huh, well it also depends on the age of the protagonist, a younger person I would go with strict but caring, and protective. On the other hand a older person would be more twisted, because of his experiences in life, of being betrayed, cheated on, and all those good negative stuff.

So on the story, is it going to be just two, and maybe a handful of other people, or a group, like a motorcycle gang story?

crazylildoll 08-21-2016 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterMichaelNY (Post 2378038)
Huh, well it also depends on the age of the protagonist, a younger person I would go with strict but caring, and protective. On the other hand a older person would be more twisted, because of his experiences in life, of being betrayed, cheated on, and all those good negative stuff.

So on the story, is it going to be just two, and maybe a handful of other people, or a group, like a motorcycle gang story?

main character will be 18-20 years old.
as for the theme, it`s kinda like one owner, and many slaves, of various social and economic statuses.

MasterMichaelNY 08-24-2016 01:26 AM

That's cool, also I want to share this with you. I'm sure your going to love this site.

http://www.tameri.com/write/plotnstory.html