getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Matchmaking? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=294472)

YN2911 03-08-2017 09:09 PM

Matchmaking?

I recently noticed that Butterfly has shut down her matchmaking service (see here). I think it might be interesting to 'take up the mantle' so to speak.

Wedgiebondagebabe 03-08-2017 09:21 PM

It might be a good idea in theory, but as Butterfly's thread said it is a lot of work. It depends on how much time you have to devote to something. You cannot just pick it up and decide you don't want it anymore simply because you did not realize how much work it is.

If you do decide to take it on, good luck.

YN2911 03-10-2017 06:44 PM

Thanks for the votes, and thanks Wedgiebondagebabe for the kind words. Due to the possible high occupancy of requests, as Butterfly experienced, I've decided to set up an alpha test of a possible service.

The form below is very rough, and probably needs tweaking. In addition, it has been set up to close after 50 responses. If you are looking for a partner, or you just want to help test the alpha, please fill out the form below. If you have concerns, questions, advice, or find any issues with the form please post them below or PM me. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Fill out the form here!

When your done with the form, please advertise it in your signature.

Dashie 03-10-2017 07:53 PM

I like your ambitions and I hope that I can be of any use regarding questions.
I mainly think that the alpha test will be a bit limited due to the fact that it might end up 5 to 45, 5 beeing woman.

+ I'll PM you some likes you left out later the day if you like, we dont want anyone left out here. :p

Keel the work up!

YN2911 03-10-2017 09:09 PM

Thanks Dashie. I knew that it was mostly going to be men but geez. The test has been up for a few hours and I'm already disappointed in my gender. Also I knew that I missed a bunch of Kinks, but I was just trying to get a jumping off point.

TestingLimits 03-14-2017 01:02 AM

Maybe it would be best to find a way to split the responsibilities? Obviously, you would need another volunteer first, but if you can find one, that seems like a good way to avoid it causing burnout again.

MarvHarvey 03-19-2017 10:30 PM

Have you talked with Butterfly and/or her helpers? I bet they can tell you what worked and what did not. They probably have some forms and guidelines about how to make it all work.

Another issues is that they also had years of experience on GD and a lot of activity in different roles, so they could also bring that to helping decide who was a good fit for whom.

Grand.Master691 03-20-2017 12:55 AM

Hello!

I think that's a great idea, as the matchmaking service was really great, but like anything else in life, sometimes it backfires. Find a team of volunteers that could help you bring it back to life and finally people that stumble in the dark could find their perfect match. Or not

I wish you all the luck in your work, it won't be easy, but it sure will be a pleasure!

Butterfly 03-20-2017 04:37 PM

When I shut down the service it was over 300 applicants. Most of the time I put into the service was spent reading applications. You cannot make meaningful matches based on just things such as gender, location and role, you need a lot more.

Another issue was having 95% males looking for females.

I think a matchmaking service is a great idea but it is a very time consuming project. I did have a few volunteers but it is hard to work out a system for multiple people to make matches while not duplicating steps.

If you do wish to go ahead, I wish you luck. However I just don't think it will work without backup and a good system in place.