getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Favorite kind of movie? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=148525)

Alexis Rune 07-27-2013 04:26 PM

It depends on how you classify sports movie... movies with sports as a major theme that are great in my opinion include:
Comedy:
The Sandlot
Major League
Caddyshack
Slapshot

Drama:
Most of the Rocky series
Rudy
Remember the Titans
Hoosiers

Not great, but not terrible in my opinion:
Bull Durham
A League of their Own
Field of Dreams
Bad News Bears
Secretariat
Seabiscuit
The Mighty Ducks
Happy Gilmore
White Men Can't Jump

Bubblez 07-28-2013 11:54 AM

I'm a sucker for Musicals, Romance and Drama, but there wasn't drama so I voted for Romance :3 I liked Star Wars though. I can never watch a horror movie alone or even some episodes of PLL. I hug and hide with the person that is watching with me or if not the closest thing to me. I like comedies and action, though not as much as romance and drama.

**Mandi** 07-28-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblez (Post 1038119)
I'm a sucker for Musicals, Romance and Drama, but there wasn't drama so I voted for Romance :3 I liked Star Wars though. I can never watch a horror movie alone or even some episodes of PLL. I hug and hide with the person that is watching with me or if not the closest thing to me. I like comedies and action, though not as much as romance and drama.

Ayy, how did I forget drama?! *smacks self in forehead*

Anyway I'm the same exact way with scary movies! Count me out!

Black_label 07-28-2013 08:31 PM

Pacific rim was the shit !

the conjuring..not so much :cool:

Ethan2cu 07-28-2013 09:00 PM

wait.. would Wolverine be action? or sci / fi?? crap, i voted action, but i thnk i meant sci fi

Rose_Angel 07-29-2013 08:46 PM

I love romantic comedies.

Romances themselves tend to be boring. And straight comedies often run the risk of being completely stupid without a good plot.

I love the comedy of watching two people, often seemingly unlikely partners, slowly fall in love, while laughing along with it.

I like several of the genres, (though I tend to hate horror films because they are often predictable to me), but romantic comedies for the win!

Though my #1 favorite movie of all time is an excellent drama, The Shawshank Redemption, but my #2 film kind of matches my favorite Genre with Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

joht2891 07-30-2013 01:36 AM

I like sci-fi, action and horror ... but have voted for sci-fi since it's the genre i like most.

And personally, i'd prefer a tv series than a movie sometimes. I like the fact that you get to know the characters better and see them evolving when you really get into a story (apart from never wanting the story to end if it's not stretched).

I'm particularly fond of JJ Abrams.

Some of my favourites (in my case tv series):
Lost
The 4400
Heroes
Fringe
Alcatraz
Revolution

Officelover 07-30-2013 06:31 AM

My favorite wasn't exactly 'on' the list. I really like thrillers/suspense films. I'm also a big fan of experimental/art films. To be honest though, I love stupid comedies, sci-fi, some horror. And I'm obsessed with B-movies, movies so bad that they're good.

justJane 08-01-2013 09:25 PM

This is not a simple question at all. It depends on what mood one is in. I love documentaries and gritty dramas, but I don't always want to deal with real life. Horror movies are great fun - I have loved them since a very young age. And, of course, who doesn't love a good comedy? Not an easy choice at all. Also, I should add, if there were a choice for quirky independent that would probably be a favorite.

It was a nice thread, though. :)

justJane 08-01-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Officelover (Post 1039997)
My favorite wasn't exactly 'on' the list. I really like thrillers/suspense films. I'm also a big fan of experimental/art films. To be honest though, I love stupid comedies, sci-fi, some horror. And I'm obsessed with B-movies, movies so bad that they're good.

Yes... I love movies that are so bad they are good! :D

Shadowice 08-01-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justJane (Post 1043198)
Yes... I love movies that are so bad they are good! :D

Please tell me your not one of those people that keep watching a horrible movie saying it has to get better, I mean it cant be any worse. My dad is the worst at that, he will seriously watch a dud all the way through and his excuse is always well I thought it would get better.

justJane 08-01-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowice0823 (Post 1043230)
Please tell me your not one of those people that keep watching a horrible movie saying it has to get better, I mean it cant be any worse. My dad is the worst at that, he will seriously watch a dud all the way through and his excuse is always well I thought it would get better.

haha! Nooo! I like movies that are so bad they are funny. like...hmmmm... the incredible melting man or evil dead 2 or reanimator. yeah, I guess mostly bad horror movies. haha!

messysissy 08-02-2013 07:41 PM

Comedy, my two favourites are American Reunion and The Inbetweeners

naked_lego 08-05-2013 08:31 PM

Sci-Fi wins my vote for having Star Trek

There wasn't an "Everything but Horror" option so I went with Sci-Fi because Star Trek is best Sci-Fi movie/tv show ever made. Hmm, although there was that animation shorts of the Clone Wars and I did really enjoy those. Ehh, I watch Star Trek more so that's the tie-breaker. :cool: