getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why is everybody still holding on to KIK? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=409485)

Sweex 11-13-2021 03:52 PM

Why is everybody still holding on to KIK?

I can't get my head around why people still use KIK, when there are, in my opinion, better options out there!

I find KIK really limited in its use. The two main things I don’t like about KIK is that you can not, without using 3th party software, use it on your PC. And recently they have added ads popping up.
Other things I don’t like is that I find KIK to be really slow in sending the messages trough.
And also after a while your conversation history gets deleted.

The two positive things about KIK is that it shows that the picture which is sent is made with the KIK app at that moment and you can see if a message is sending (S), Delivered (D) or Read (R).

Personally I like Google chat the best because it works well with google docs, sheets, mail and drive.
You can use it on multiple platforms including Phone, PC and tablet and maybe more I don’t know.
It has no annoying ads which pop up and turn you off when you are having an arousing conversation.
Also it keeps your chat history until one, both or all, in a group chat, want to delete it.
Google chat sends the messages almost instantly and it shows when the other person(s) has read it.

There is no feature that you can see if the picture is made with the Google chat app, as far as I know, but I do believe there are different methods you can use to make sure the person has made the picture at that moment. And then there is always trust especially if you know each other better.
There are probably other, free, message apps out there but I like to use Google chat so that's why I ranted about that. KIK is the most used but I have no clue why.

I am interested in what you all have to say about it and what you like to use and why.

Runesmith 11-14-2021 09:36 AM

3 words - Kik is anonymous.

Matt: 11-14-2021 09:57 AM

I must admit kik has a lot of disadvantages, seems to glitch a lot and the ads are annoying. But it is more anonymous and is better for groups, especially public groups (even if kik has restricted groups more lately)

I have no problem using google chat for 1 on 1 chat (can use a different ID/email) but yet to really find an alternative app for easily searchable public group chat, most others you really need to know others or get invites to groups.

ShannW 01-05-2022 03:07 PM

I feel you, not being able to use it on pc is a Huge disadvantage aside from that I really like it, but for that only disadvantage If I have choice I use other, I'm using discord lately

Wimble 01-05-2022 03:20 PM

I only use Kik because most others here do. But I hate it. The spam bots, the random crashes, frequently losing chats, and the inactive groups.

I'm a convert to Telegram. It's so much more stable, also anonymous (but does need phone number to join), can be used on desktop too, far fewer spam bots, and loads of good big active kinky groups.

The only downside is that it can be hard to find groups at first. With that in mind, I'm happy for anyone to message me there and I'll help invite you to a few.

PowerDom 01-08-2022 04:32 AM

It's true, Kik is now-a-days pretty much unusable due to their ads, but why would you want to use Google instead? It's a horribly invasive platform that seeks to pilfer all of your data.

Think about degoogling your digital life, because at this stage they've already compiled a data profile on you that possibly spans multiple decades.

biciporrero 01-08-2022 04:40 AM

yes

It's anonymous plus the dice features are perfect for a lot of our dares.

user_224 01-08-2022 03:25 PM

Confused by it as well

Just for fun I did a Google search for "Kik vs Telegram" and in all results, Telegram came out on top every time by a land slide!

It's so anonymous and secure the Russian Government couldn't shut it down lol
So it still baffles me why kik still exists, but hell, I know people that still use Windows XP, that's just how it is sometimes.

SteffiStar 03-18-2022 03:53 PM

Discord is doing a great job as well tbh, but that's the only alternative I can think of.

I tried Telegram but I was unable to (easily) find groups based on nsfw/kinky interests.

theeman55 05-07-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteffiStar (Post 4694108)
Discord is doing a great job as well tbh, but that's the only alternative I can think of.

I tried Telegram but I was unable to (easily) find groups based on nsfw/kinky interests.

The problem with discord is they keep a log of all your chats and what you said. It isn't anonymous. Telegram is great for being anonymous it was built to beat china and Russia censorship

Wimble 05-07-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteffiStar (Post 4694108)

It's true that finding groups is hard at first. But once you find one or two it becomes a lot easier to find more. A bit of googling for your interests is a good start. Or message someone else from here who has Telegram in their sig.

I'm happy to help anyone looking for gay kink and exposure groups. Drop me a line!

Slave572 11-21-2022 11:33 AM

KIK has groups that are not in other social networks. Make a directory of links to groups in MeWe, Telegram, or Wickr Me, and people will come there.

sallygirl 11-21-2022 09:51 PM

That is a good question, I left KIK a while ago now and have no regrets.

Ace_E360 11-22-2022 12:17 PM

Inertia and anonymity. Inertia in that people still use it because most people here still use it... A terrible reason but that's the way humans are.

Anonymity in that (for me at least) Kik is such a dumpster fire that no real-life social group would ever use it. Meaning if it's in Kik, it's kinky, so I only ever open Kik in a place where that's appropriate. Also means I can turn off Kik notifications except when appropriate. No risk of kinky conversations alongside non-kinky either. "Sorry, I mean to send that sexually explicit message to someone else" goes over a lot better with another kinky play partner than it does with your grandmother...

levu 01-04-2023 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biciporrero (Post 4627328)
It's anonymous plus the dice features are perfect for a lot of our dares.

I haven't been able to get Dice to work on Kik in like three years