getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do you use KinkTalk? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=270083)

andrew_b 07-26-2016 11:06 AM

Do you use KinkTalk?

I'm sure if everyone knows about getdare's sister site "kinktalk" but I was curious how many on here do use it.

If you do use it, what for?

If you haven't gone onto to the site before and want to, I've posted the link below.

www.kinktalk.com

Zoeys fun time 07-26-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_b (Post 2337338)
I'm sure if everyone knows about getdare's sister site "kinktalk" but I was curious how many on here do use it.

If you do use it, what for?

If you haven't gone onto to the site before and want to, I've posted the link below.

www.kinktalk.com

Ive heard of it but what is it for/ how is it diferant from GD?

Love,
Zoey

dared to perfection 07-26-2016 01:42 PM

Pretty sure it originally was made as an adult only sister site to GD.
More about fetishes and not truth or dare.

But since it's creation GD has become 18+ only anyway.
Kink Talks main draw was the allowance of adult pictures :)

So yes I have an account.. but no I don't use it.
I have Getdare and Fetlife instead.

SubMissChievous 07-26-2016 01:43 PM

Ehhh although I'm a moderator there as well I can't say that I really use it... Unfortunately Kink Talk has quickly turned into a meat market and there isn't much there to read unless you want to go through countless one-liner ads and people pimping their Kik groups *shrugs*

The fact that it was launched not long after Fetlife didn't help much either.

andrew_b 07-26-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoeys fun time (Post 2337548)
Ive heard of it but what is it for/ how is it diferant from GD?

Love,
Zoey

It focuses more on specific kinks, it's also more of an adult site.

Kisune Karnon 07-26-2016 03:35 PM

I have an account, but I rarely go on it.

RiskyFlame 07-26-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisune Karnon (Post 2337697)
I have an account, but I rarely go on it.

Same .

levu 07-26-2016 04:20 PM

only to post pictures because of bets/dares I have a couple albums up now for example... the forums look uninteresting to me

andrew_b 07-26-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubMissChievous (Post 2337555)
Ehhh although I'm a moderator there as well I can't say that I really use it... Unfortunately Kink Talk has quickly turned into a meat market and there isn't much there to read unless you want to go through countless one-liner ads and people pimping their Kik groups *shrugs*

The fact that it was launched not long after Fetlife didn't help much either.

That is a good point alright and fetlife just ended up being more popular. I think if it had more traffic it could be more interesting.

andrew_b 07-26-2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levu (Post 2337748)
only to post pictures because of bets/dares I have a couple albums up now for example... the forums look uninteresting to me

I get the impression that that is what most people do.

MasterMichaelNY 07-27-2016 12:24 AM

I belong to it, and gave up on it. It can be so much better, if they gave everybody there own area. Master/slaves in one, Doms/subs in another, Grown up/lil in another, instead of trying to lump everybody into a one mold, so this way you can chat with your own kink kind.

The only problem I see with getdare, is that I would like the album section to post more X, than PG13. I mean everybody is over 18 right. Just enforce the no nudes in the avatars though, I don't want to see millions of dicks and balls.

andom4444 07-27-2016 03:29 AM

I sometimes check in to see what has been posted in the gallery, but that is about it. For that side of it i use FL.

drwarschauu 07-27-2016 04:25 AM

I sometimes go there to browse, but then quickly leave again. I don't like the place. This is a much more social place! :)

wolf82 07-27-2016 12:47 PM

I've checked it out a couple times as a non-member, but it didn't look like much of interest to me. And, by the sounds of it, I'm really not missing out on anything.

SubMissChievous 07-27-2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterMichaelNY (Post 2338139)
I belong to it, and gave up on it. It can be so much better, if they gave everybody there own area. Master/slaves in one, Doms/subs in another, Grown up/lil in another, instead of trying to lump everybody into a one mold, so this way you can chat with your own kink kind.

There are a couple of problems with this though. For one, there are no universally accepted definition of any of the dynamics you describe here. Some, like me, also identify as more than one describer. And many people, especially among those who have a bit of experience offline, aren't so hung up on labels either. Personally I form relationships with people; not with labels. Those don't tell me a damn thing as to whether I am compatible with someone or if they are my "kink kind"...

The other potential issue I see is more from a moderation standpoint. As of now Kink Talk as wayyyy too many forums and sub-forums already. Right now, if you look at the site, you see the main forums: BDSM, Bondage, Femdom, etc... Those were originally created with the intention to be discussion forums. But as of now most people place ads and requests all over the place including in those sections. Every time I log in I have to move or delete multiple postings and spam and hardly ever see any actual discussions. Creating even more sections would just be a nightmare for mods...

Anyways I'm not really sure what improvements could be done there to be honest. As it stands, the site is pretty much a meat market for online roleplayers, one-handed typists and HNG's. As some others said above, those who look for networking and discussions are using Fetlife already.