getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Doctor Who (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=45160)

Star Shadows 04-10-2010 02:16 PM

Doctor Who

Ok, so I have just watched the 2nd of the new Dr Who and I need somewhere to go to gush about how awesome it was, and think this thread will come in handy. I am actually in love with the new Dr.... Maybe even more than I was with Tennant and that may be the best episode I have ever seen :eek:

PS: Your welcom boop and marvin :p

owlart 04-10-2010 02:45 PM

Just watched it on iPlayer too. An interesting episode, although it did leave a lot of unanswered questions.

Slenderman - Doctor 04-10-2010 03:37 PM

I loved it.

I liked "The Eleventh Hour" better, but this was still great too. Next week will blow everything out of the water though :D

BettyBoop 04-10-2010 03:40 PM

I love it, the smilers were scary though.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/smilers.jpg

But bloody hell, Matt Smith.
Beautiful, talented man. I liked him better in this episode because he was done regenerating and he was himself, loved it, loved Amy Pond too.

Star Shadows 04-10-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop (Post 258211)

But bloody hell, Matt Smith.
Beautiful, talented man. I liked him better in this episode because he was done regenerating and he was himself, loved it, loved Amy Pond too.

He is a bit georgeous isn't he!!! Think these might be the best matchup :)

Arthur Dent 04-11-2010 11:09 AM

Amy Pond is great and Matt Smith too. Maybe the best since Tom Baker?

Slenderman - Doctor 04-11-2010 11:10 AM

I have my Matt Smith Sonic Screwdriver next to me.

When I got it yesterday, I never let go. I took it to work and everything.

Squee ^_^

It has secret sounds too :eek::D

Collared_Slave 04-11-2010 02:42 PM

The new series is okay... i prefer David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston

Captain Harkness 04-11-2010 02:52 PM

It's Amila Pond. And its missing Captain Harkness. However i must say there not been subtle with the theme of cracks in the world now are they!

The Evil Porlo 04-11-2010 03:29 PM

Captain Jack is coming back in this series and the only problem I have with the new doctor and which I find extremely annoying is his lisp. :)

Slenderman - Doctor 04-11-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur Dent (Post 258701)
Amy Pond is great and Matt Smith too. Maybe the best since Tom Baker?

I'll agree with that! Sorry Tennant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collared_Slave (Post 258809)
The new series is okay... i prefer David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston

You've only seen two Smiths. Give him time to grow and he'll be great, up there with those two :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finland4ever (Post 258812)
It's Amila Pond. And its missing Captain Harkness. However i must say there not been subtle with the theme of cracks in the world now are they!

I'm glad they've been a bit obvious. I suspect they'll tone it down now though, as the series moves on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelseaFC (Post 258823)
Captain Jack is coming back in this series and the only problem I have with the new doctor and which I find extremely annoying is his lisp. :)

Spoiler:
Jack isn't back this series, sorry.

Skarin 04-11-2010 04:56 PM

i like the new doctor better than tennant so far.... but i think his ating owes a lot to tennant. not complaining though! i think emelia/amy pond will be the best assistant so far :)
(although i havnt seen very many of the episodes before the dude before tennant)

BettyBoop 04-11-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelseaFC (Post 258823)
the only problem I have with the new doctor and which I find extremely annoying is his lisp. :)

Adorable much. It makes him cuter.

The Evil Porlo 04-12-2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin (Post 258826)

Spoiler:
Jack isn't back this series, sorry.

Spoiler:
I swear he is, Cant remember why but at the end of Torchwood he was going off to find the Doctor and at the end you heard the TARDIS, this was in the children of earth ones. And I believe James Corden is in Doctor who as well.

Leopard 04-12-2010 03:54 AM

It's Amelia ... doesn't anyone read the credits? :P

Is it just me, or does Smith spend a lot of time trying to talk like Tennant? I feel like I preferred him in the Ruby in the Smoke. Not that I dislike him so far, just that I feel he could be a little more "himself." Hopefully he grows into the role. Amy is wonderful (but I liked her accent better when she was roleplaying the police woman :p)

The best episode of each season was each written by Moffat, so I have faith that the cracks being so obvious isn't the end of his great writing. I'm also really excited to see the weeping angels returning :)