getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Politics & Religion! (A survey) (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=293923)

cariadferch 03-03-2017 12:15 PM

Politics & Religion! (A survey)

What are your political and/or religious leanings?

Select as many answers that apply to you.

BigBadWolfy 03-03-2017 12:40 PM

i am just posting so that we get more responses, i am very interested in the results

Jaro 03-03-2017 12:45 PM

Atheist, libertarian and apolitical!

iSpuds 03-03-2017 05:49 PM

Yeah it's "Atheist," not "Atheistic." :p

I fall somewhere between libertarian and leftist. A free market is a fine ideal, however I believe a certain infrastructure is extremely important when it comes to the poor and working class.

cariadferch 03-03-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSpuds (Post 2682195)
Yeah it's "Atheist," not "Atheistic."

Though I am greatly prone to spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm note sure I made one here.

"Religious," "spiritual" and "agnostic" are all adjectives and nouns. So, going with the adjective "atheistic", instead of the noun "atheist," is still consistent with the other religious options.

In all honesty, since I was rushing, I probably wrote "atheistic" because it sounds like "agnostic."

Either way, I appreciate the comments and participating in the poll.

:)

cariadferch 03-03-2017 07:10 PM

Since some are sharing their choices publicly, I will play along:

I am spiritual (though I greatly respect the religious), conservative and libertarian.

iSpuds 03-03-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cariadferch (Post 2682231)
Though I am greatly prone to spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm note sure I made one here.

"Religious," "spiritual" and "agnostic" are all adjectives and nouns. So, going with the adjective "atheistic", instead of the noun "atheist," is still consistent with the other religious options.

In all honesty, since I was rushing, I probably wrote "atheistic" because it sounds like "agnostic."

Either way, I appreciate the comments and participating in the poll.

:)

I see. I was thrown off - you're right!

cariadferch 03-03-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSpuds (Post 2682247)
I see. I was thrown off - you're right!

To be fair, your criticism could apply to the last label, which should be "anarchistic." However, since they don't believe in any rules, they have no right to complain. ;)

cariadferch 03-05-2017 05:03 AM

For those who choose "libertarian" I would love to know if they lean left or right. In the U.S.A. libertarians are usually associated with the Republican Party, but I wonder if that is the case in the rest of the world?

little pet 03-05-2017 07:14 AM

I'm a leftist atheist. Or an atheist leftist.;-)

Jaro 03-05-2017 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cariadferch (Post 2683643)
For those who choose "libertarian" I would love to know if they lean left or right. In the U.S.A. libertarians are usually associated with the Republican Party, but I wonder if that is the case in the rest of the world?

I would probably lean a bit toward the right but I don't really like the tradition left/right distinction. It always depends on the matter at hand.

cariadferch 03-05-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaroface (Post 2683766)
I don't really like the tradition left/right distinction. It always depends on the matter at hand.

Obviously defining all religious and political beliefs down into 9 labels is going to engage in massive over simplification. Personally, I like the conservative (tradition), liberal (freedom) and leftist (equality) distinction better than just right and left.

Doux et vivant 03-06-2017 10:09 AM

I liked your oversimplification

cariadferch 03-06-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doux et vivant (Post 2685292)
I liked your oversimplification

Thank you! It is a gift. :p

cacti 03-08-2017 08:33 PM

Somewhere between agnostic and atheist - I really haven't made up my mind yet.

Also hovering around leftist, I agree with a lot of the ideas of liberals but I also think they can just be really fucking stupid to the point I just want to disassociate myself from them lol. But if push came to shove I'd always choose liberal over conservative.