getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wtf is happening to the AMA section? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=296973)

andrew_b 03-28-2017 01:47 PM

Wtf is happening to the AMA section?

Maybe it only happened today but someone has been spamming the section posting random stuff.

It really looks like someone created a whole load of accounts to do it.

ExhibFlash 03-28-2017 02:14 PM

Yeah that was annoying as hell!

iSpuds 03-28-2017 02:15 PM

That, my friends, is what we like to call a spambot. It's not a "someone" but a "something," it's creating bum accounts to spam links and such.

Red 03-28-2017 10:26 PM

I'm trying to get rid of them but am struggling to keep up at the moment, sorry

Ravenwood 03-28-2017 10:28 PM

Thank you for doing your best! Your efforts are appreciated!

MasterMichaelNY 03-28-2017 11:35 PM

Yea, it's been going on for the past couple of weeks, check out the ban area in the quick links section.

They need to make a adjustment to how your able to join, like a picture verification, you know were they show you 6 pictures and you have to choose which ones are food, etc.

bthomas 03-29-2017 02:40 PM

Or we could make it so you would need to wait a fixed amount of time before you can start your own AMA thread, like 2 or 3 days. That might stop *this* spam bot.

Sam~ 03-29-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bthomas (Post 2720723)
Or we could make it so you would need to wait a fixed amount of time before you can start your own AMA thread, like 2 or 3 days. That might stop *this* spam bot.

it's not just new ama threads, they have spammed in other peoples AMA (inc mine) and other threads in other sections.

So do think there needs to be some check when creating accounts to make sure it's not a bot. Seems strange that I often have to prove I'm not a bot when I edit my blog, but you don't when creating an account!

Feel sorry for anyone genuinely creating a new thread at the moment, as will just get lost in the spam threads.

iSpuds 03-29-2017 06:18 PM

Hoo boy this shit is spreading everywhere.

badgirlisme 03-30-2017 12:14 AM

OMG.This is just sooooooo fucking annoying!

Wedgiebondagebabe 03-30-2017 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 2719386)

Don't apologize! You guys are only what 3 of you that are actively banning over the past 10 plus days? It looks like you have your hands full. Thank you for all the thankless work you guys do.

LitDarkness 03-30-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wedgiebondagebabe (Post 2721630)
Don't apologize! You guys are only what 3 of you that are actively banning over the past 10 plus days? It looks like you have your hands full. Thank you for all the thankless work you guys do.

I'd rather slow removal instead of no removal.

Hey, we all appreciate it. Well, except the spam bot.

andrew_b 03-30-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 2719386)

Thanks for trying though, I wonder if there are programmers on here who could create some sort of blocker.

RiskyFlame 03-30-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_b (Post 2722634)
Thanks for trying though, I wonder if there are programmers on here who could create some sort of blocker.

Sure, if I have the time. In the midst of exams now, though. But I could uae AutoIt to automate the deletion of the spam-iah threads and run it continuously. But this would be a clean-up solution when it actually should be fixed at the core.

* I never worked with AutoIt, but it doesn't look too difficult to learn.

Edit:
Removing threads should be just point-and-shoot functions, leaving the matter of filtering the spam accounts. I guess any user who registered himself on the current day (on which the sceipt is running) and posts a first thread containing several links (in certain sections) would suffice as criteria.

Lacram 03-30-2017 08:44 PM

If we let the bot continue, will it type the complete works of W. Shakespeare?