getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favourite drink? (Alcoholic) (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=335663)

theswitchyside 03-01-2018 10:58 PM

Favourite drink? (Alcoholic)

I’m not sure if this has been done before, but here goes:

What your favourite alcoholic drink? It could be a cocktail, something you came up with or whatever.

What drink would you relax with on a laid back evening/ vacation?

What drink do you prefer at a club?

poetrylover828 03-02-2018 05:03 AM

Screwdrivers and Sex on The Beach are probably my favorite. I like Mike's hards for relaxing with some friends. And clubbing back to Sex on The Beach. There is a bar by me that does a ladies night where women get free Sex on The Beach and it's a lot of fun.

Allykat 03-02-2018 05:11 AM

Pear cider and mojito all day every day

theswitchyside 03-02-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetrylover828 (Post 3187901)
Screwdrivers and Sex on The Beach are probably my favorite. I like Mike's hards for relaxing with some friends. And clubbing back to Sex on The Beach. There is a bar by me that does a ladies night where women get free Sex on The Beach and it's a lot of fun.

Oh nice! I’ve never had a screwdriver, but good to know!

J.Riley 03-02-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theswitchyside (Post 3187679)
I’m not sure if this has been done before, but here goes:

What your favourite alcoholic drink? It could be a cocktail, something you came up with or whatever.

My fav drink would be a purple rain cocktail but for clubbing and chilling a vodka and lemonade is good aswell

Slavejenni 03-02-2018 04:17 PM

i love my wine but my absolute favourite is single malt whiskey

Gin and tonic

G&T or a random cocktail

messy-emiy 03-02-2018 04:29 PM

Red wine for most occasions.
When I am out with friends I generally drink beer, in which case I go for triples. cocktails don't really appeal to me much. They are way to expensive for what you get :D

Viral 03-02-2018 07:04 PM

Straight whiskey.

MikeInShiningArmour 03-03-2018 02:46 AM

I'm a beer drinking. Ruby ale if there's any going around. Cocktail wise I'm partial to a long Island iced tea.

theswitchyside 03-03-2018 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slavejenni (Post 3188812)

i love my wine but my absolute favourite is single malt whiskey

Couldn't agree more. I love a measure of Jack. What's your brand of choice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInShiningArmour (Post 3189222)
Cocktail wise I'm partial to a long Island iced tea.

Another drink I want to try is the Long Island Iced Tea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by messy-emiy (Post 3188815)
cocktails don't really appeal to me much. They are way to expensive for what you get :D

Exactly why I haven't really tried a lot of cocktails.

sir sam 03-03-2018 03:11 AM

Whiskey!
Single malt is preferred but is a bit expensive.
I normally drink famous grouse and have single malt for special occasions.
No water, no ice.

LittleAmyP 03-03-2018 04:20 AM

Amy's Answers

Red wine or Gin Tonic

Norguy 03-03-2018 06:31 AM

Beer or yorsh (beer with vodka)

If it's hot outside: a cold beer or gin & tonic.
If it's cold: whiskey or liquorice and chili liqueur.

Beer or vodka.

kingsam 03-12-2018 09:46 AM

My favorite alcoholic drink is: Mojito!

Cstelle 03-12-2018 12:31 PM

What your favourite alcoholic drink?

I don't know what to say. I drink a lot of beer - because, well, it's easy. Right now I'm having all kinds of wonderful adventures with sour beers! A year ago I didn't even know they existed!

But once in a while I want a whisky - in which case I want a nice, balanced single malt (I don't like the peaty or oversmoky stuff!) like Glengoyne. Very, very mellow. Won't upset anyone. Neutral. In a nice way. (Which doesn't mean that my palate can't also handle stronger tastes - but then I want a few drops of water with it.)

But every good dinner should begin (and this will freak you out: also END!) with a clean, plain vodka, or (better yet - but depending on what you are eating) akvavit. (Caveat: the myriads of flavourings make akvavit a mine field!) Of course: vodka is also excellent for cleaning the palate between courses!

Wines do little for me - but there are some incredibly good ones out there. I'm told. (Wouldn't dare to speak on this matter.)

Mixed drinks... I tend to love them all! But, then, that's the point of them. They were invented to hide the taste of bad/unclean alcohol (or quinine, etc), so they taste great.

Or tequila, with salt and lemon/lime on the side? Or a nice bitter after you've overeaten?

Ooooooooooh... and I *so* didn't mean to drink tonight!