getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth or Dare Stories (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   [Fiction] (MxM) A year to remember... (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=85213)

Koty920 08-19-2011 07:25 PM

(MxM) A year to remember...

Hey my fellow getDare-ians. I've been reading some of the awesome stories around getDare for a while now, so I thought I'd try to write my own. The majority of the story is fiction, but some of the characters, their personalities, things like that are real, or similar to real life. Anyways, here goes...

Characters:

Koty (Me)
Height: about 5'7
Weight: 145
Body: Average, but athletic
Hair: Brown, medium-long, semi-curly
Eyes: Brown
Sexuality: Bi-Gay (only a few know about it)

Sean
Height: 5'9
Weight: 150
Body: Very athletic, and muscular
Hair: Brownish blonde, medium, straight but kinda like the Justin Bieber look, but not that extreme
Eyes: Deep blue
Sexuality: Closet bi

Seth
Height: 5'6
Weight: 120
Body: White-Asian mix, pretty skinny, not very muscular
Hair: Dark brown and red
Sexuality: Bi-Curious

Chapter 1:
I had never really been a popular kid in middle school. But going into high school, I was hoping that was about to change.

A few weeks before school started, I got an email from my band director reminding us about marching band camp. I had been practicing my drumline solos for the last 2 months since school got out, and boy, was I ready to get to work.

On the first day of camp, I walked slowly into the band room, expecting not to know anyone, since I was going to a school out of my original district. But I saw a few of my friends from 8th grade. Over in one corner, I saw my friend Sean (who had been one of the popular kids his whole life, one of my few friends, and the biggest crush of my life) with his back to me talking to someone I had seen around the middle school, but never really talked to.

I walked up behind Sean and playfully pinched his ass (we always acted gay around each each other)."Whoa! What the fu...?" He said as he jumped and turned around. "Oh hey Koty! Haven't seen you in months, man!" We gave each other a quick man hug.

"Sup bro?" I replied casually. "Who's your friend here?"

"I'm Seth. I think I've seen you around the courtyard back at Commons Middle."

"Oh yeah, I remember you vaguely." I said. "Looks like we're all on drumline this year"

"Yep. Let the party begin," Sean answered. "Let's go find some seats. Looks like Mr. Howard is about to talk."

We took our seats and waited for what would be the beginning of a new brotherhood...

"Thanks to everyone for being here, even though school doesn't start for almost another month," our band director began. "I'm not going to waste your time by talking to you for hours, but long story short, you guys-and girls-will get to know each other very well. Because you are going to be around each other A LOT for the next few months."

"I don't think that's gonna be a problem," I heard Sean whisper to me. What the hell does he mean by that? I wondered to myself. Probably nothing. Or maybe...I dunno. Oh shit, what was Mr. Howard saying? I zoned back in.

"And basically, we're all one big happy, dysfunctional family!" the teacher finished. "Now when I dismiss you, break off into your sections and start working on the music. And finally, welcome to marching band!" Everyone started cheering.

The next several hours consisted of drumline trying over and over to nail a long solo section we had. I was doing pretty good, but I saw that Sean and Seth were having major problems. At a break, I went over to my friends, who were outside flirting with the colorguard girls.

"Hey," I started. They turned around. "No offense, but I noticed you guys were having problems with the solos." They simply nodded, as if to say "Yeah we know. Your point?" "You guys wanna come over to my place later tonight and I can work on them with you? My mom doesn't care."

"Shit, dude, I'm sorry. I can't," Seth answered. "My dad and I got plans for the night. Maybe some other time."

"Sounds great!" Sean said. "I'll be over around seven."

"Cool." I replied. "Let's head back inside. Break's almost over."

Later that evening

It was 6:45, and I couldn't wait for Sean to show up. We hadn't hung out much since summer started, and I figured it'd be a good time for us to catch up. It had started to rain, but we didn't care, since we'd be inside the whole time.

"Hey Koty," my mom called upstairs to my room. "I've got a visit I have to do, I'll be home in a couple hours. Don't destroy the house!" My mom was a home health nurse, so I was used to her going out at night to see patients.

"Got it. Love ya bye!" I called down.

Right at seven, I saw Sean's dad pull into the driveway. I ran downstairs to meet him at the door.

"Hello Mr. Joe." I greeted his dad. Sean and I just nodded at each other.

"Hey kiddo." He was my football coach for a few years. "Now your mom knows that I won't be able to pick Sean up, and she plans on bringing him home at nine, right?"

I nodded.

"Good." He turned to Sean. "Love you, son. See you at home." He walked back to his pickup truck.

Sean came inside, we got a couple pieces of pizza to eat, and went out to the garage to practice. After about an hour and a half, my mom called my phone.

"Yo?" I answered. I always do it just to bug her.

"Koty, the storm really picked up." We hadn't even noticed, since we'd been playing or chatting the whole time. "The roads are all flooded. Camp is cancelled for tomorrow. I'm not going to be able to get home tonight, and I'll be staying at the Graham's house. Will you guys be alright overnight by yourself?"

"Yeah, we'll be good. Thanks for letting me know. See you tomorrow. Love you bye." I hung up.

"What's going on?" Sean asked.

"Roads are all flooded. You're gonna have to spend the night." I told him.

"Awesome."

"I agree," I replied. "It's going to be a fun night..."

----

Just the first chapter. Things will get much more detailed as the story continues. Any constructive criticism is much appreciated. Thanks everyone! Much love to all.

immaeatu 08-19-2011 07:31 PM

GYYAAAHHH <3333 i LOVE IT. the pace is set nicely :) FIRSTTT COMMENTTTT.

Koty920 08-19-2011 07:34 PM

Yay!!! Thank you soo much Natey!!! I hope other people think the same thing.

ursoweird123 08-19-2011 08:35 PM

Very nice start! I'm loving it so far. Good writing. I think it's funny that you were flirting with the colorguard...our colorguard girls are the ugliest girls in the whole school LMFAO! Just saying ;)! Keep up the good work.

P.S. Nate! I LOVE YOU SIGNATURE! I was actually going to tell you to put my name in it, but you beat me to it :) <3

gotdared 08-19-2011 08:41 PM

Alright, its a little too soon to judge your plot and that stuff (although it seems to be off to a good start) but I gotta say, this is some excellent writing. Just enough detail and already plenty of emotion. I can't wait for more!

Koty920 08-20-2011 10:45 AM

Thank you guys for your comments. I'm completely new to this, and it's good to know that you are enjoying it. If you have any suggestions, PLEASE tell me. I'm always open to feedback.

I don't know when I'll have a chance to write chapter 2, but hopefully soon.

Much love to all!

dirtylittleboy 08-20-2011 01:18 PM

could bbe very good. keep going

EB32 08-20-2011 04:37 PM

Like the start but gah! I hate starting stories without much written so far! But, take that as a compliment haha. If it wasn't good I wouldn't have posted anything, would have just hit the back button.

Demon Thief 08-20-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koty920 (Post 520497)
Thank you guys for your comments. I'm completely new to this, and it's good to know that you are enjoying it. If you have any suggestions, PLEASE tell me. I'm always open to feedback.

I don't know when I'll have a chance to write chapter 2, but hopefully soon.

Much love to all!

I have no suggestions other than to keep going like you are. Your detail and grammar are both good, and you didn't rush into your story. :)

Saphir 08-21-2011 06:53 AM

Hey, I like it so far. I'm looking forward to the next chapter! Keep it up :)

gayboi25 08-21-2011 08:11 AM

Great start! I love it so far; of coure I might be a little biased given my own marching band experience. ;)

drawde 08-21-2011 11:13 AM

Great Story

Got to a great start. I can't wait to see what happens. Good luck. This will be awesome.

scratch 08-21-2011 11:40 AM

I really like this story, your pace is very nice, not too rushed. Like others have said, a little to early to judge, but if the first chapter is anything to go by, it looks like it's going to be a great read! :)

OnlineSlaveYah 08-21-2011 12:41 PM

Om nom nom. This is a great story! Good detail aswell. Continue XD

daremaster 1 08-21-2011 02:24 PM

Awsome and can't wait for more.