getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My suggestion for Mods (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1362)

chain 03-11-2007 05:52 PM

My suggestion for Mods

DO NOT ASK TO BE A MODERATOR IN THIS THREAD. However, if you want to be a mod, please use this form when pm-ing a mod. However, only when we announce we need a new mod. If you pm this to someone when it is not needed, you will recieve a 4 day probation......this is only my suggestion though. Your thoughts?
getDare Moderator Application Form

getDare Name: _________

Approximate time on site: __________

Posts up to this time: __________

Reason why you should be a mod: __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Give a thread link in which you helped a fellow getDare member. ___________

How important is this to you? __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Manbearpig 03-11-2007 06:48 PM

I like it. It's fair and it make's the person wanting to be a mod put some effort into it.

Dare861 03-11-2007 07:24 PM

Methinks this thread should be changed around a bit to avoid people asking for modship: Locked/stickied.. title made to "Mod Applicatiopn Form" perhaps?

Just a thought.

-DareDude

Manbearpig 03-11-2007 07:43 PM

yea but he is asking for opinions and it says don't ask to be a mod unless it says they need a mod...

depp=noob=lol 03-12-2007 07:46 AM

i dont like it, because i think that the getdare staff should invite people as moderator when they have done things for the site, like bigjoe with the msndareclub. It would be a complete mess when everyone can sends his applictation, and it would look like the IDOL show..lol... no i think that you, staff, should decide who to invite so that the site has only the best as staff! and btw i think that there are too many people wanting to be a mod.

spat 03-12-2007 07:53 AM

Hard to make decissions when too many people are involved.

depp=noob=lol 03-12-2007 11:29 AM

i think that there are enough (maybe even to many) mods atm, i dont hope that every member of getdare is a mod in the future lol

Pokerboy 03-12-2007 12:56 PM

I'm new here and I am wondering what exactly is "Mod"?

TrekBoy008 03-12-2007 01:08 PM

A mod(erator) is someone chosen by the site owner to help enforce the rules. Mods have more powers than regular members, including but not limited to the ability to warn members, the ability to lock threads, the ability to move threads, etc.

chain 03-12-2007 01:39 PM

We do NOT need moderators for a while, that's for sure.

Pokerboy 03-12-2007 02:07 PM

Thank for letting me know, once again I must say this site issss soooo cooolllll!

depp 03-12-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingangistheclick (Post 7952)
We do NOT need moderators for a while, that's for sure.

I also already have people in mind for round two. ;)

Rob 03-12-2007 04:38 PM

Really depp? Is there any chance of you telling us who they are?

depp 03-12-2007 04:45 PM

Only when the time is right. :shhh:

Musty 21 03-12-2007 07:13 PM

I was wondering where do you say that you need new mods so i don't get banned :/ btw daredude861 should be the chat mod when there is one