getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   getDare.com (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How to easily find and go to a certain member profile? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=280963)

Jaro 10-31-2016 02:04 AM

How to easily find and go to a certain member profile?

If you have the name of a member, how do you easily search for and find this member and then go to their profile?

The only way I found is you will need to search them and add them as a contact. Then, as a contact (or friend) you can click on their name to go to the profile. After that you can remove the contact again.

This seems a bit convoluted and I was hoping there would be just a simple member search and goto function.

RiskyFlame 10-31-2016 02:11 AM

The main method I use is the Advanced Search option.

getDare Forums > Search > Advanced Search > Search by User Name
Type the user's name in the box and if you're not sure, uncheck the Exact name box. When you click on the Search Now button, you'll get all the posts of this user. Then don't click on one of his posts, but instead, on his name in the blue header of the list with results.

There's only one drawback when using this method to search other users. You can only find them if they posted at least once in the forums, regardless of whether the post counts towards their total posts or not.

tangula 10-31-2016 02:25 AM

I usually "just" google "*username* getdare" and will end up at some profile or post of the user :p

Sasahara 10-31-2016 02:26 AM

I also use the google method.

Jaro 10-31-2016 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasahara (Post 2492113)
I also use the google method.

Yeah that would work but not exactly what I was hoping for.

Jaro 10-31-2016 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiskyFlame (Post 2492090)
The main method I use is the Advanced Search option.

getDare Forums > Search > Advanced Search > Search by User Name
Type the user's name in the box and if you're not sure, uncheck the Exact name box. When you click on the Search Now button, you'll get all the posts of this user. Then don't click on one of his posts, but instead, on his name in the blue header of the list with results.

There's only one drawback when using this method to search other users. You can only find them if they posted at least once in the forums, regardless of whether the post counts towards their total posts or not.

Thank you. Yes this would work most of the time. Some kind of direct search would be better though but I guess we don't have that.

Thanks!

Sasahara 10-31-2016 02:37 AM

If they're online, you can use Ctrl-F on the Getdare Forums page and enter their name and find them in the long list of users online as well. But the search function isn't great for finding a user...

thewilds 10-31-2016 09:23 PM

If I want to remember a user, I will often add their thread to my subscriptions. Not only is it easy to follow, but you can click from there directly to their profile. Otherwise, I would use the advanced search option too!