getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Advice Section (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Buttplug Advice (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=306748)

andrew_b 05-18-2017 11:26 AM

Buttplug Advice

Hey I was wondering if I could get some advice from the guy and even the gals on here

I've always wondered what a buttplug would be like, I've put stuff in there in the past but I still want to try more

The thing is I'm nervous about it, firstly cause how do I order it without anyone finding out. Also not sure how my gf will react

I'm also looking for recommendations for what to get as my first

Scrap 05-18-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_b (Post 2793963)
Hey I was wondering if I could get some advice from the guy and even the gals on here

I've always wondered what a buttplug would be like, I've put stuff in there in the past but I still want to try more

The thing is I'm nervous about it, firstly cause how do I order it without anyone finding out. Also not sure how my gf will react

I'm also looking for recommendations for what to get as my first

First, I would recommend talking it over with your gf. Something I have learned (the hard way) over the years is that being honest with your s/o is critical, and can be surprising. She may not understand, true, but she may also be a wealth of information.

Second, start relatively small and work your way up to larger diameter ones as you get more comfortable wearing them.

Third, consider materials. The vinyl or silicone ones are cheap and easy to get a hold of, but eventually break down and become almost worthless. Pyrex and steel cost more, but are easier to maintain and last longer. (can you say, "dishwasher safe"?)

Finally, IF you need to keep delivery under wraps, most sellers ship in "plain brown paper" for discretion. Shipping to your place of business is one way to keep it hidden from roomies and such, but you might have to worry about nosy workmates. A post office box or friend willing to receive the shipment for you is the other option. That is, of course, if you don't have a "novelty shop" you can stop in at.

andrew_b 05-19-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrap (Post 2794496)
First, I would recommend talking it over with your gf. Something I have learned (the hard way) over the years is that being honest with your s/o is critical, and can be surprising. She may not understand, true, but she may also be a wealth of information.

Second, start relatively small and work your way up to larger diameter ones as you get more comfortable wearing them.

Third, consider materials. The vinyl or silicone ones are cheap and easy to get a hold of, but eventually break down and become almost worthless. Pyrex and steel cost more, but are easier to maintain and last longer. (can you say, "dishwasher safe"?)

Finally, IF you need to keep delivery under wraps, most sellers ship in "plain brown paper" for discretion. Shipping to your place of business is one way to keep it hidden from roomies and such, but you might have to worry about nosy workmates. A post office box or friend willing to receive the shipment for you is the other option. That is, of course, if you don't have a "novelty shop" you can stop in at.

Thank you very much for the advice, as far as my gf I think she's fairly understanding. She already knows I like stuff in my butt, so maybe one day I can talk to her about this.

qmu 05-19-2017 02:32 PM

Just my own experience here. I don't think you should start with a metal or glass one, even if they don't break down. The feeling of metal/glass take a while to get used to. The silicone ones are usually more comfortable as they are more elastic (they do deform a little, even the rigid silicone ones), have a lesser heat transfer coefficient and usually weight less than the glass/metal ones. Also, even if they are more costly I'd recommend you save to get a high quality silicone one as they tend to last years.

Ravenwood 05-19-2017 02:37 PM

I have only used a silicone plug but it is very very fun and it was super duper comfortable.

gwtwt 05-19-2017 10:28 PM

I think small or medium sized and tapered... it's probably a good idea to make sure it doesn't contain phthalates (sometimes the manufacturer labels the box).

Something like:
https://www.docjohnson.com/buttplugs...all-black.html

andrew_b 05-21-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qmu (Post 2795545)
Just my own experience here. I don't think you should start with a metal or glass one, even if they don't break down. The feeling of metal/glass take a while to get used to. The silicone ones are usually more comfortable as they are more elastic (they do deform a little, even the rigid silicone ones), have a lesser heat transfer coefficient and usually weight less than the glass/metal ones. Also, even if they are more costly I'd recommend you save to get a high quality silicone one as they tend to last years.

Ah okay that makes sense, I'l keep that in mind

andrew_b 05-21-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwtwt (Post 2796067)
I think small or medium sized and tapered... it's probably a good idea to make sure it doesn't contain phthalates (sometimes the manufacturer labels the box).

Something like:
https://www.docjohnson.com/buttplugs...all-black.html

That looks like quite big to me

techiegirl 05-23-2017 01:18 AM

For an anal newbie? I would recommend silicone. You want thin and long to get used to the sensation then you can work up to metal or glass and thick or short.

https://www.amazon.com/pronaughty-Pr...cone+butt+plug

I haven't tried that brand, but I use glass and metal and I am also female. Training kits are your best bet though. Be sure to use lots of lube (water based if it's silicone) and try wearing a plug for just fifteen minutes or so

Forester 05-23-2017 08:05 AM

I agree 100% with techie. I haven't used the ones in the link either, but they seem like a good choice for a beginner. Also, when buying lube, be sure to buy one of those bigger bottles (like 200ml or something, will last you more than a few tries) as playing with your ass does consume a lot of lube due to the ass not self-lubricating. Also, water based lube tends to "clog up" rather fast, but reapplying just a little bit of lube on the old will get it back nice and slidy.

andrew_b 05-23-2017 01:12 PM

Thanks again for the advice everyone