getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Submissive/Dominant Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   People are SUB/Slaves because? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=213226)

marijuana 03-20-2015 06:58 AM

People are SUB/Slaves because?

Hey
I have a question for all the subs/slaves.
I have come across a lot of slaves and I find one thing common in all, they are submissive due to a lot of reasons.
but bottom line mostly ends with depression or horrible past.
So I want to figure out with your help and show everyone why are you like this.

If you are a sub, than please vote for your reasons to be one. You can select multiple reasons.

IF you want to share your story, you are more than welcome to share your story here.

missspitfire 03-20-2015 07:26 AM

Sounds like you're stereotyping to me...

marijuana 03-20-2015 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missspitfire (Post 1692731)
Sounds like you're stereotyping to me...

Hey, not stereotyping, but I when you come across so many sub and they mostly have one of those reasons, makes you believe that/ So I just wan to see how much true it is.. No harm in finding the truth..
Who knows, opinions might change after this.
You can it, it basically is a survey to find reality
:)

Dare.... 03-20-2015 08:22 AM

None of the above.

eivins 03-20-2015 08:38 AM

Maybe you should include other options besides ones that include a form of abuse/trauma?
A depressed or traumatized person isn't necessarily a submissive because they are depressed or had bad things happen to them. It doesn't have to go hand in hand. I think most people have crap in their lives. Dom/mes have these issues too.
I would be lying if I said there hasn't been issues in my life, but those issues certainly haven't led me to being submissive! The issues have made submitting HARDER because it destroys trust. It can be quite difficult to give someone that much control/trust... I'm inclined to believe that I'm submissive despite the shitty things, not because of them.

marijuana 03-20-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eivins (Post 1692786)
Maybe you should include other options besides ones that include a form of abuse/trauma?
A depressed or traumatized person isn't necessarily a submissive because they are depressed or had bad things happen to them. It doesn't have to go hand in hand. I think most people have crap in their lives. Dom/mes have these issues too.
I would be lying if I said there hasn't been issues in my life, but those issues certainly haven't led me to being submissive! The issues have made submitting HARDER because it destroys trust. It can be quite difficult to give someone that much control/trust... I'm inclined to believe that I'm submissive despite the shitty things, not because of them.

Thanks for the opinion,, What options do you have in mind?

Laura_Hahn 03-20-2015 10:28 AM

Sounds like you're stereotyping to me too!

LitDarkness 03-20-2015 10:37 AM

Stereotype

I am a Switch but mainly submissive, yes I have had depression and do have trust issues. However, that does not make it to where I'm mainly a submissive.

And why are all these options negative.

I submit because I want to. I enjoy the loss of control. I enjoy that someone else can command me.

We can be submissive because we enjoy it you know.

asdf431 03-20-2015 10:40 AM

That's pretty ignorant and offensive, dude. It implies that submission is a psychological defect, a symptom of trauma.

Stix 03-20-2015 12:34 PM

Not one of these statements apply. Not even "Just because I wanted to be one".

There's far more to a person than can be summed up in a quick sweeping generalising statement.

I'm not even going to go into what it is that makes me submissive. Too complex for this thread apparently...

eivins 03-20-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marijuana (Post 1692798)
Thanks for the opinion,, What options do you have in mind?

Maybe no options! A poll really does seem TOO generalized. I'm not sure what to add, but I really don't know how many people would attribute submissiveness to the options you put. People are a lot more complicated than that! You could have a thread where people share why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stix (Post 1692971)

There's far more to a person than can be summed up in a quick sweeping generalising statement.

I'm not even going to go into what it is that makes me submissive. Too complex for this thread apparently...

^^ Everything you said.

Tease 03-20-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stix (Post 1692971)

Agreed, there are far too many facets to what drives one to submissive desires and rarely is it one or two things that drives a person to associate themselves with being a submissive.

The list provided on this thread would try and lead people to thinking it was mostly something traumatic or abusive and that's really not the case at all.

BLiverpool 03-20-2015 01:42 PM

I didn't pick any from the list. Nothing negative has happened to make me sub. The closest was "because I wanted to be" but that sounds like I made a choice to be sub.

I never chose to be sub, I've had sub feelings since I was around 10 years old. Its who I am and always have been.

I love being sub though! I'm glad its the way nature made me.

jlstockton25 03-20-2015 02:23 PM

I agree with everything eivins, Stix and Tease said. Being submissive isn't a side effect of trauma. Every option you've given is negative, and like others have said you can't sum up why someone is submissive in a poll option. I could say a lot more but none of it would be productive so I'm just going to stop.

sexdemon's Toilet 03-20-2015 03:08 PM

You're forgetting the successful business man who becomes submissive as a form of escapism.

Is anyone else here like that or is it just me?