getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Does hypnotizing work on you? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=295877)

LiamTheGreat69 03-19-2017 07:35 AM

Does hypnotizing work on you?

I see a few people with their likes as hypnosis, I wanted to get into it a while back, but i experienced the same problem. It doesn't work on me. And i was thinking, does it work on other people, if so what do they use? So. Does hypnotizing work on you?

LitDarkness 03-19-2017 08:30 AM

Never had hypnosis work on me.

Clever_one 03-19-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKidWithSkills (Post 2704688)
Never had hypnosis work on me.

Contrary to popular belief hypnosis does not work on a person that does not intend to be hypnotized.

"This assumption is based on Stage Hypnotism and Hollywood fiction. The truth is, these people volunteer to act on stage, and thy allow themselves to participate in silly suggestions. Hypnotherapy is a serious process of self-improvement, not entertainment." (Fox & Starks, 2004)

Fox et al. https://hypnosis.edu/articles/myths

Janus100 03-19-2017 09:18 AM

I had never tried it before, but then I got a PM dare to listen to one for a week. Let's just say it worked crazily well, but I think it only works if you actually want it to work.

BabyIsi 03-19-2017 09:23 AM

Well, it is not that easy to get hypnotized. there are a few "rules".

1. You can only get hypnotized if you realy want to, and I do not mean "Oh I want to get hypnotized" I mean your subconcious min has to want to experience the intended effects. It will not work if you have any doubt.

2. You have to trust the hypnotist (or hypno file) so if it helps you listen the file before you start a session, so that you know exactely that the file is save and does only what you want it to do.

3. Try to turn down any things that could interupt you. Switch lights off, make your room silent, try to focus only on the file, in the words and do not let other things distrect you.

And remember hypnosis is not magic, it will not work after one session.

I hope this will help you a bit. :)

Scrap 03-19-2017 08:42 PM

I have tried a lot of the hypno files to no avail. I have even tried recording my own from their scripts (with some minor tweaks) on the thought that if I'm hearing my own voice, my subconscious might lighten the fuck up... no dice.

The odd thing is that I can put myself into a light meditative trance almost at will. I have even tried playing the files while meditating and still no joy.

And it really sucks, because I would love to be "forced" to strip and such. ((sigh)) Ces't le vie...

LiamTheGreat69 03-19-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janus100 (Post 2704842)
I had never tried it before, but then I got a PM dare to listen to one for a week. Let's just say it worked crazily well, but I think it only works if you actually want it to work.

What did you have to listen to?

subscot50 03-21-2017 02:44 PM

most files didnt, only ever found one that worked

Chappers 03-21-2017 03:06 PM

It is something I don't mind fancy trying. If anyone get any good links, dares or ideas. Please PM me them

AnotherGirl1 03-21-2017 03:08 PM

I have never tried, so it's really hard to say.

Deva Lilu 03-22-2017 03:10 AM

Hypnosis peaked my interest a while back and it's always been something I've wanted to try out at least once but sadly I've never tried it before

tangula 03-22-2017 03:40 AM

I think I tried something 'simple' ages ago, which didn't work as far as I know.. but, not really "my cuppa tea" so never pursued/tried it further.

Sub6 06-14-2017 10:51 AM

I dont know if it works on me, I feel some effect though

Allykat 06-14-2017 01:04 PM

No, if the voice is nice I can get relaxed but that's about it.

pantyfooddares 10-12-2018 08:42 PM

hypnosis

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamTheGreat69 (Post 2704626)
I see a few people with their likes as hypnosis, I wanted to get into it a while back, but i experienced the same problem. It doesn't work on me. And i was thinking, does it work on other people, if so what do they use? So. Does hypnotizing work on you?

I had my first hypnosis encounter back in 2010, i had talked to my wife at that time and explained what i was thinking, she said sounded interesting.. So i looked for a tist in my area, we met a few times, and he programmed me to what he and i talkrd about, i told her what he had done, and asked if she wanted to try it. She was reluctant but did, i think it was funb she didnt really tell me much of her though. It did work as intended, and it was fun for me.. Im still doing other hypnosis files to play with