getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Which TV show did you binge watch last? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=351715)

nina@ 10-01-2018 12:57 AM

Which TV show did you binge watch last?

The thread is simple, just mention which TV show did you binge watch last. You can also use this thread to mention other tv shows you have binge watched in the past, give reviews or recommendations on those shows and also mention which ones you plan to watch?;)

lilith_ 10-01-2018 01:19 AM

Currently binge watching orange is the new black!

Ly Ph 10-01-2018 07:23 AM

"The Dragon Prince" but honestly I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be and it felt like the season ended abruptly. Perhaps wait a year or two and it maybe worth checking out.

RiskyFlame 10-02-2018 04:24 AM

The last one was Better Call Saul (third season) and before that, Steven Universe season (season one to four). Currently, I'm waiting for Steven Universe's fifth season to finish airing all its episodes. I simply can't bring myself to waiting days (let alone weeks) between single episodes so I pretty much always binge watch series/ cartoons/ anime/ etc. :)

DianaAu 10-02-2018 04:38 AM

Tabbo, but for my disappointment there is only one season at the moment.
Waiting for the new season of supernatural, few days left. I hope it will be the last season in the series. Have spent half of my life watching and waiting for new seasons, at this point I no longer enjoy most of the new episodes, but I need conclusion to my journey with brothers and Cas (Love that guy):cool:.

nina@ 11-11-2018 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiskyFlame (Post 3442993)
I simply can't bring myself to waiting days (let alone weeks) between single episodes so I pretty much always binge watch series/ cartoons/ anime/ etc. :)

I agree it's too much to wait when the next episode is just available for binge watching, the last one I watched was Schitt's Creek:). I would recommend it specially the earlier seasons if you want to laugh a lot:D.. A good comedy series.
I have been wanting to watch Better call Saul for a while as I have liked the character in Breaking Bad.

Phaade 11-11-2018 02:22 AM

The last Show I binged was Marvels Agents of Shield. Saw the first few Episodes on Amazon Prime and just got hooked!

Stellz 11-11-2018 11:36 PM

Homecoming on Prime. So good.

lollypopcookie 11-12-2018 12:25 AM

Gossip girl just a filler till the new season of game of thrones comes out

LegLuvr 11-12-2018 12:58 AM

The Walking Dead, trying to catch up to season 9, but I need to buy 8 first :(

StrawDog 11-12-2018 09:21 AM

The chilling adventures of Sabrina, and I HATED it. Aunt Zelda was perfectly cast and acted, though.

elf_ears 12-08-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawDog (Post 3482313)
The chilling adventures of Sabrina, and I HATED it. Aunt Zelda was perfectly cast and acted, though.

Huh, I quite liked it but you're not the first person I've heard say they weren't impressed by it.

I'm 3/4 of the way through binge watch Chronologically Lost. It's a fan edit of Lost the rearranges everything that happens throughout the show into chronological order.

Runesmith 12-16-2018 10:37 AM

I just watched the entire 7th season of Futurama. I do have a co-worker who uncannily resembles Dr Zoidberg (I mean in his behavior - he doesn't have tentacles around his mouth).

Butterfly's Prisoner 12-16-2018 11:07 AM

Super Drags here. It wasn't that good, but I was so hyped up about it that I got the free one-month Netflix subscription just to watch it.

Kate92 01-29-2019 06:24 PM

The last show I binge watched was Unforgotten, a UK crime drama.

- Kate

MastersVoice 01-29-2019 06:31 PM

The last show I binged watched was The Peaky Blinders. Totally missed it when it first came out!!!!

MV

Peachybaby 01-31-2019 07:36 AM

Currently binging greys anatomy

Foxy Rose 01-31-2019 09:30 AM

iZombie

I usually only start watching a show to see what the fuss is about. This one actually got boring in Season 4 so not too sure what will happen with Season 5

Anchorsaway 02-01-2019 11:54 AM

I just finished Dr. Who now I need to catch up on Grays. I want to watch Vanity Fair but I cant find it online. :/
~Hiraeth

qt31415926 02-01-2019 01:54 PM

For Christmas I received Game of Thrones seasons 1-7 and finished them by New Year's. I am dying for season 8.

Anchorsaway 02-01-2019 03:09 PM

Deadwood

-Exiled

Hammarling 02-01-2019 03:15 PM

Finished watching Battlestar Galactica just a few weeks ago. Never seen it before and was very happy powering through it. Story gets a bit ott in the final season, but the production design and direction are excellent and some of the performances are superb! Edward James Olmos is a dam legend! If you like sci-fi it's a must, if you like drama but not sci-fi it's worth a try.

At the moment i'm re-watching Marvel's Agents Of Shield. If you like Marvel and comics it's pretty great, if not don't bother. And i really need to see Iain De Caestecker in more things, he's a top quality actor.
Also just started watching Angel for the first time, and that's thoroughly absorbing. Definitely different to Buffy, which is in my Top5 TV shows of all time, in a good way and is pretty easy and engaging to watch so far (only about half way into season 1).

Anchorsaway 02-01-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammarling (Post 3560392)
Finished watching Battlestar Galactica just a few weeks ago. Never seen it before and was very happy powering through it. Story gets a bit ott in the final season, but the production design and direction are excellent and some of the performances are superb! Edward James Olmos is a dam legend! If you like sci-fi it's a must, if you like drama but not sci-fi it's worth a try.

At the moment i'm re-watching Marvel's Agents Of Shield. If you like Marvel and comics it's pretty great, if not don't bother. And i really need to see Iain De Caestecker in more things, he's a top quality actor.
Also just started watching Angel for the first time, and that's thoroughly absorbing. Definitely different to Buffy, which is in my Top5 TV shows of all time, in a good way and is pretty easy and engaging to watch so far (only about half way into season 1).

So say we all. It had peaks and troughs but overall it was excellent.

cloudness 02-16-2019 10:02 PM

New Girl, really good show tbh, really enjoyed it.

littlemissslave 02-17-2019 04:27 AM

Gilmore girls,seen so many times but live it

Sasahara 02-17-2019 04:44 AM

The Great British Bake Off, season 1. But it's not available on Netflix here for me to get more of, so I'll have to wait til I'm back in the right country for it!

luvNgrl 02-17-2019 07:51 AM

Currently binge watching Lost Girl. Before that was Lucifer. Both are very good!

LPV 03-01-2019 11:51 AM

Longmeyer on Netflex. It is really good.

StrawDog 09-06-2019 06:43 AM

Vis a Vis (English name 'Locked Up'). Women in prison drama. Fantastic acting and visuals, but the writing and pacing have me twitching and it's hard to get over them - a lot of forced 'statement' moments, random luck, 180 character flips, etc. The last two seasons are more cartoonish and 'exploitation' than the first, which works in its favour due to the preposterous storylines. Suffers from not knowing what it wants to be at times, so quite atonal. Could have been one of the WIP greats, but isn't. Opened my eyes to the raw sexiness of toilet paper blindfolds.

Also, the Spanish seem to have a real liking for tough old men? I like that.

Bankerrtx01 09-06-2019 06:47 AM

I mean I cannot say I’ve technically binged watch it but I keep playing it in my head

But my most recent binge watched shows would be doctor who and firefly

As sci-fi shows go these are quite famous ones if you know any science fiction you at least hear of these shows so that they speak for themselves

Crazy Cat Lady 09-13-2019 09:32 AM

Stranger Things S3.
Spoiler:
The evil Russians were fun.

Demon Thief 09-16-2019 08:41 PM

I'm currently bingeing on Criminal Minds. Just got into the 9th season.

Wedgieking090 09-16-2019 08:43 PM

The office one last time before it leaves Netflix

mr doggy 09-17-2019 01:13 AM

The Dark Cristal, age of resistance.

Runesmith 09-25-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon Thief (Post 3783504)
I'm currently bingeing on Criminal Minds. Just got into the 9th season.

Exactly what I was watching. The early seasons were much better, with less "soap opera" going on. Now with CSI whatever cast joining, it's becoming more about drama than crime.

StrawDog 09-26-2019 06:23 AM

Yes, the earlier series were much better. The newer ones tend to be more action oriented, as well, which is totally not what I tuned in for.

Has anyone seen Dark Crystal, yet? I LOVED the movie, and puppetry in general, but am wary of nostalgia-mining and turning well loved properties into series.

naked_lego 09-28-2019 12:43 PM

I-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrawDog (Post 3791339)
Yes, the earlier series were much better. The newer ones tend to be more action oriented, as well, which is totally not what I tuned in for.

Has anyone seen Dark Crystal, yet? I LOVED the movie, and puppetry in general, but am wary of nostalgia-mining and turning well loved properties into series.

To answer Straw first... I started Dark Crystal and it seems good. The only exposer to it before was an OddOnesOut video. I haven't watched more than the first episode but it seems like it is really well made.

My last binged series was I-Land. I really liked it but it lost that special something I connected to as the episodes went on.

StrawDog 09-28-2019 12:50 PM

@naked_lego - Thanks, I'll check DC out, not that I needed much of a push.

Thanks for making me aware of I-land. Never heard of it, and the whole trapped on island, memory/identity loss, etc, are things I'm big into, so will definitely be giving this a go.

Kate92 10-07-2019 03:59 AM

Stranger Things.

Season 3 was slightly hit and miss in my opinion, but pretty decent overall.

- Kate

Hardyharhar 10-07-2019 05:43 AM

The office (the forth time)