getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Doctor Who Lovers (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=132511)

Femalesaskmetodareu 04-08-2013 10:49 AM

Man alive, not many know the Hurndall answer. Thought i'd get you there. Respect!!!

iwantitharder 08-24-2013 06:59 AM

I like Nine and Ten a lot, but Eleven was my first and favorite/will always be my favorite. It wasn't just the fact of him being my first doctor, but also in my opinion he had some of the better story lines. Also the special effects were loads better and the show wasn't filmed in that weird soap opera feel, so I think that helped.

TittyTorture 08-26-2013 03:17 PM

I loved David Tennant.
So 10 ftw
However, I've enjoyed Matt Smith as the doctor just because Moffat is such a strong writer.

Dr_ 08-26-2013 03:44 PM

For me the Seventh Doctor was where it was at. I'm not a huge Dr. Who fan but, whenever I think of the Doctor, I think fondly of Sylvester McCoy & Ace.

Dark_light30 08-27-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_ (Post 1065060)
For me the Seventh Doctor was where it was at. I'm not a huge Dr. Who fan but, whenever I think of the Doctor, I think fondly of Sylvester McCoy & Ace.

My favorite Doctor was Tom Baker, he was my first. But Sylvester McCoy was a very close 2nd and is responsible for my favorite Dr. Who quote.

From Survival:
"There are worlds out there, worlds out there where they sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace! We've got work to do!"

dareland 08-28-2013 04:55 PM

Happy 1st post

My fave was Tennant the 10th doctor very funny

:D

here.to.entertain 08-28-2013 05:01 PM

Nine. He was sort of my first Doctor (I saw Blink back before I even knew what Doctor Who was. I thought it was just some really good movie. Then I had a friend that got me started watching Who and I was beyond shocked when I got to Blink) which is probably part of it, but also his sense of humor is incredibly gorgeous and very similar to my own. I also really love the plots of all of his episodes, and the Bad Wolf arc is one of my favorites. I wish that he had gotten another season or two.

Stray mouse 08-29-2013 03:44 AM

I've been a Doctor Who fan since been little and I love each and everyone,

Why?

Because they are all different.

And that is how I see his regeneration he becomes a totally different person so think they all bring something unique to the role. Making it more unpredictable in how he will react in a situation. Also the different looks add to the overall dealing with a new person but with the same enemies gives the series a fluidity that could probably go on forever.

:p

CharlieS 08-29-2013 05:10 AM

My first was 9, who I loved. I did like 10 a lot, how can you not like David Tennant. But my favourite is Matts Smith because his character is soo crazy!

Guv'nor 08-29-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Femalesaskmetodareu (Post 939855)
Man alive, not many know the Hurndall answer. Thought i'd get you there. Respect!!!

More people should watch or own the 5 Doctors then! I do, and it is very good!

perkygirlie 08-30-2013 05:38 PM

Observation

Thanks to the OP for putting this one up. As an aside, why does every Amy I've met like Dr Who? Is it some sort of secret fan club?

Oh, and of course my answer is 10.

lvlagic 08-30-2013 07:23 PM

I'm not caught up on the show yet but nine is my favorite so far

Sarge90 09-01-2013 07:57 AM

I'm not a mega-fan, nor do I claim to be, but I have to say my personal favourite is without doubt the 10th, but I've seen each doctor in action at least once, and I have a bit of a soft spot for Hartnells first doctor, simply because he was exactly what was needed and I don't believe it would've become this popular without his 'grumpy' doctor... However, I do like most of them and that's the point, it's not who played him best, it's who played the one you relate to most

Also, I am genuinely looking forward to
Spoiler:
setting John Hurt take on the unofficial (as of yet) role in the explanation behind the ending of the doctors name

TensorM 09-01-2013 08:29 AM

Without doubt David Tennant is probably my choice of the best Doctor`s, however I must admit, sometimes he is just act`s like a little girl, he need to man up! :)

minimatt9 11-29-2013 04:37 PM

I've only been watching since it restarted in 2005, so I can only really pass judgement on the three since then, but my favourite from the three is definitely David Tennant!