getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Submissive/Dominant Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Searching for Littles / Caregivers (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=164943)

Miss B 01-04-2014 04:55 AM

So yeah, this might be a stupid question
But what are littles/caregivers excactly? Ive never heard of it before

fromo 01-04-2014 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss B (Post 1196986)

A little, in a nut shell, would be someone who identify's with an age lower then their own, a baby girl is a prime example, or just general age play can be brought in.
A caregiver would be the person who takes care of them, their 'daddy' or 'mommy' for instance.

I've probably done another poor job of explaining, but hopefully that'll give you an idea.

Miss B 01-04-2014 07:57 AM

Ah thanks for explaining, I think I get it now.
One question left, is it age play or does it go beyong that? Do littles actually feel like they are 5year old for example? The way some men feel like they are woman trapped in a mans body I mean. Or is it more like a travistite who just likes to dress up and act every now and than?

minimarshmellow 01-04-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Fromo did a good job of defining it. There is no absolute definition of it, just like there is no absolute definition of Masters and slaves. Littles are people who just feel younger than who they are, usually in the span of newborn to 17. Caregivers are the people who take care of them. It is very very rarely actually family, but some of their titles include Mommy, Daddy, Uncle, Aunt, Sir, Ma'am, etc.

minimarshmellow 01-04-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss B (Post 1197135)
Ah thanks for explaining, I think I get it now.
One question left, is it age play or does it go beyong that? Do littles actually feel like they are 5year old for example? The way some men feel like they are woman trapped in a mans body I mean. Or is it more like a travistite who just likes to dress up and act every now and than?

L/CG is for sure not age play, it goes much beyond that. When I am in little space, I think, act, and behave just like that age. However, it isn't a 24/7 thing (at least not for me, I will let others speak for themselves). I am still a fully functioning 21 year old female, but put a color book or a Disney movie in front of me and I will probably squeal. I can usually control shifting from little to big (the reverse is much harder). For example, I'm jumping around my room acting like a tiger, and someone knocks, big (my adult side) comes out really fast.

Mr.Rodgers 01-04-2014 03:12 PM

I'm definitely a caregiver and I have a wonderful little girl! Meet her in a chat room almost 6 years ago we live together.

EllieStone 01-04-2014 03:39 PM

I'm not sure I would consider myself to be a little yet but I'm certainly interested in the idea...

Red 01-04-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

I highly suggest checking out the blog that MysticalMadness wrote to further answer this question. I never really knew about this type of BDSM until I read it and found it to be very helpful in learning the different terms. A link to the blog can be found in her signature :)

minimarshmellow 01-04-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllieStone (Post 1197712)
I'm not sure I would consider myself to be a little yet but I'm certainly interested in the idea...

If you have any questions, just ask here. If we don't know the answer, I can pass it on to a friend of mine.

jverne 01-05-2014 09:35 PM

I'd love to try being a little, although I never have. If any CGs wouldn't mind taking me under their wing, that is. :)

minimarshmellow 01-05-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jverne (Post 1199959)
I'd love to try being a little, although I never have. If any CGs wouldn't mind taking me under their wing, that is. :)

Careful with your wording. This is not, nor ever will be a hook-up thread.

If you have any questions about being a little, feel free to ask here those of us with experience can assist you.

Busty 01-05-2014 10:29 PM

I am a bit of both but prefer the little side.

jverne 01-05-2014 10:58 PM

I'm sorry about that, marshmallow. I'll be more careful from here on out.

flyer1356 01-06-2014 05:27 PM

I'm definitely a little!

minimarshmellow 01-06-2014 05:41 PM

It is great seeing so many littles (and a few caregivers too!)!!

So I have a question for the group.

How did you discover your little/caregiver side?