getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What is the last movie you watched? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=209891)

cloudness 02-07-2016 04:52 AM

Last night I watched a classic, Saving Private Ryan, such a great film :D

Joan Sky 06-17-2016 10:11 AM

Yesterday, Man on Wire ~ a documentary about Philippe Petit, and after that the movie about him ~ The Walk. Though I was writing during both, I still watched a good amount. They were awesome :)

Ravenwood 06-17-2016 10:19 AM

I watched Legally Blond yesterday.

NWKinkster 11-25-2016 06:18 AM

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

Lacram 11-25-2016 05:50 PM

Fantastic Beasts and where to find them, of course!

Computergeek94 11-25-2016 05:53 PM

Storks - It's one of those movies that forgets to take a moment to BREATHE. Also a lot of the plot doesn't make sense.

m55uk4younger 11-26-2016 09:41 AM

Snowden, yes its big brother and 1984 rolled into one, carefull what you say and type, they are monitoring your communications!

Sir.

Sam~ 11-26-2016 10:43 AM

just about to go and see Fantastic beasts & where to find them. Hope it's good lol

techiegirl 11-26-2016 10:51 AM

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe it's on Netflix and I forgot how great it is

Iodine 12-28-2016 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techiegirl (Post 2535122)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe it's on Netflix and I forgot how great it is

I loved that film when I was a kid! Although the sequel isnt that great.

Anyway yes im bumping this thread.

Star wars: Rouge one. Lets just say I didnt like it.

Spoiler:
The characters weren't fleshed out at all, which meant there deaths meant nothing to me at the end. I mean really how and why should i care if these walking plot devices get themselves killed.

The stereotypical oh woe is me my family died protagonist which has been done to death.

The stereotypical romance at the end.

All those lets show off how good are cg is establing shots of planets were just tedious as fuck. I know you are really proud of them, but they just arent that impressive after the tenth time you see one.

There was no sense of scale, one second they were in one planet the next they were in another, it just seemed less like a massive epic universe and more like a point a - b shopping trip.

The fact that blowing up the base when they were doing a stealthy infiltration was there first choice (I do understand that they were likely to get caught after they got 33% of the way there according to that droid, but bloody hell they could have waited untill they were 33% of the way there before blowing shit up and alerting the entire base that they were there, hell even if they were caught they could have easily blagged there way through as they have disguises (one of which is who has a reasonably high ranking due to the squares on his shirt), one of their droids and a pilot who recently defected who would have a brief knowledge of any checks they might do).

The fact that they thought they needed to tell the rebel fleet to try and take down the shield. What the hell did they think they were doing up there, having a picnic up there with the empire? They were there trying to send reinforcements down to the base which you attacked (which was tactically fucking stupid in itself but lets not get into that rant) ofcourse the shields are going to be the priority.

Oh and one random question what is the point of a storm troopers armour if it can easily be destroyed by a metal stick. Are they made of papermache and hope?

Ughhh I could go on all day but I wont. Anyway, I didnt like it that much, but there was no jar jar inducing rage moments sooooo it was okay.

pepsilg 01-01-2017 04:44 PM

Now You See Me :)

AtomicBanana 01-02-2017 11:58 AM

I saw Rogue One a couple days ago, and I geeked tf out (I'm a huge Star Wars geek). The CG Grand Moff Tarkin and Princess Leia were amazing!

cacti 01-03-2017 01:06 AM

Big Fish. Such an amazing movie.

amy_babe 01-17-2017 11:50 AM

A Japanese movie from 2015 called Kuchibiru ni uta o (Have a Song on Your Lips). Probably not for everyone but I really enjoyed it.

There's a full version with English subtitles here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XoXfNEnzvo&t=64s

StrawDog 01-17-2017 01:40 PM

The Barn; a dumb, but great, 80's inspired horror. One of the best new horror films I've seen in years.