getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth or Dare Stories (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   How it began (A private roleplay with ZombieLincoln) (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=101519)

ZombieLincoln 03-28-2012 09:24 PM

Todd grinned, then led Jake back downstairs to the living room. On the way down the stairs, Todd stopped and gripped his belly as he felt another wave of cramps, then suddenly he started to mess his diaper again.

Power of the diaper 03-29-2012 03:25 AM

"You messed again," Jake said stopping and laughing.

(So what do u think about including it?)

Slenderman - Doctor 03-29-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power of the diaper (Post 651029)
(Whats with these idiots posting in a private ROLEPLAY!!!!!!!)

In a public thread.

A few things.

1) You called a moderator an idiot, well done.
2)
What if people want to comment on the story?
3)
One sentence per post - wow, that's fantastic quality there.
4) Why use a thread just for the two of you? Seems like this kind of thing would be much better suited to either private one-to-one conversation/chat/blogs anyway :rolleyes:

Manbearpig 03-29-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 651196)

In a public thread.

A few things.

1) You called a moderator an idiot, well done.
2)
What if people want to comment on the story?
3)
One sentence per post - wow, that's fantastic quality there.
4) Why use a thread just for the two of you? Seems like this kind of thing would be much better suited to either private one-to-one conversation/chat/blogs anyway :rolleyes:

What the doctor said.

What might have been better suited is you do this private roleplay in either larger chunks or at once via PM to make the story flow better

Manbearpig 03-29-2012 06:22 AM

Also, I would strongly recommend not calling people idiots in a public thread. I know I am one, but still, no one likes a name caller

amenablerebel 03-29-2012 01:11 PM

Doctor took the words right out of my mouth.

Slenderman - Doctor 03-29-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amenablerebel (Post 651471)
Doctor took the words right out of my mouth.

Hold on a sec while I put them back in for you :)

Power of the diaper 03-29-2012 03:00 PM

I appologize for my above coments, but I need to ask what is the reason for posting completely random and pardon my language, stupid comments, that have nothing to do with the above posts at all. Also it is not completely private. If someone wants to join in the story, all they need to do is simply pm/vm/contact in some other way me or Zombie, and ask. Once again I must ask, what is the need for such replies as

And then Bob walked in before blowing up, poor guy

Also I would like to point out that comments like the above could possibly be taken as simply spam. As for the comment thing, could we settle it, by possibly making a seperate thread simply for comments?

Slenderman - Doctor 03-29-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power of the diaper (Post 651547)
I appologize for my above coments, but I need to ask what is the reason for posting completely random and pardon my language, stupid comments, that have nothing to do with the above posts at all. Also it is not completely private. If someone wants to join in the story, all they need to do is simply pm/vm/contact in some other way me or Zombie, and ask. Once again I must ask, what is the need for such replies as

And then Bob walked in before blowing up, poor guy

Also I would like to point out that comments like the above could possibly be taken as simply spam. As for the comment thing, could we settle it, by possibly making a seperate thread simply for comments?

Just wanted to throw a spanner in the works, with Bob (RIP, poor guy), and something different. How was I meant to know what people thought? I know I was tired of seeing the thread pop up and due to the exclusivity of "two members only", never bothered even reading after the first time because, well, what's the incentive?

Also, arguably, your comments could be deemed spam. A story posted in large chunks is great and fine... but a sentence every time you log in? Wow. Fantast---yawnnn.

Do continue, and I think you should accept comments within this thread, to be honest.

Power of the diaper 03-29-2012 03:08 PM

Ok, well I understand your point of view, but I must ask, why post something as odd and unnescary as And then Bob walked in before blowing up, poor guy. It honestly just seems kinda weird and out of place. But I must ask, would you like to join the roleplay? And my only thing about the comments is that, it sometimes interrupts the story.

Slenderman - Doctor 03-29-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power of the diaper (Post 651556)
Ok, well I understand your point of view, but I must ask, why post something as odd and unnescary as And then Bob walked in before blowing up, poor guy. It honestly just seems kinda weird and out of place. But I must ask, would you like to join the roleplay? And my only thing about the comments is that, it sometimes interrupts the story.

I'm content with my contributions which started with Bob (poor guy). Thanks though :D

Power of the diaper 03-29-2012 03:12 PM

Ok, well I appreciate, at least thinking it over. Also just for clarity, I will try to post larger chunks, but one of the things about roleplaying is to not use the others character, so I can only post so much, without needing a reaction from the other user.

italia13calcio 03-30-2012 04:51 AM

come on guys dont be annoying. it clearly says on the title its a private roleplay. if you want to comment how good/bad it is maybe you should just send them a pm. if you really feel the need to comment then atleast make sure that your comment is appropriate, comments about Bob are very immature and not the least bit funny - except to those who are also at your level of maturity. i understand it may not be the best story, either in quality or ideas, but give the authors the respect they deserve. I'm expescially calling out you, manbearpig, since you are a moderator and should know better. I dont see anyone making comments like those on Rachies threads. so just please stop unless your comment is actually worthwhile, or unless the authors give you permission. thanks.

Slenderman - Doctor 03-30-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italia13calcio (Post 651840)
come on guys dont be annoying. it clearly says on the title its a private roleplay. if you want to comment how good/bad it is maybe you should just send them a pm. if you really feel the need to comment then atleast make sure that your comment is appropriate, comments about Bob are very immature and not the least bit funny - except to those who are also at your level of maturity. i understand it may not be the best story, either in quality or ideas, but give the authors the respect they deserve. I'm expescially calling out you, manbearpig, since you are a moderator and should know better. I dont see anyone making comments like those on Rachies threads. so just please stop unless your comment is actually worthwhile, or unless the authors give you permission. thanks.

Come on though, it's a bit of harmless fun. It states in the title it's a private roleplay in a public forum with public threads, open to all. If it's private (and private means 'between select people only', usually) it should be done in a private chat room or on MSN or via email or via PM. Y'know, where it'd be private. It's in a public forum in a public thread, therefore we can post comments within the thread, however BIG THE OPENING POST IS WHICH FORBIDS US ALL OR ELSE. And oi, Bob is an awesome guy (poor guy, RIP). Leave him out of it. Just a bit of fun. In any case, I thought it'd inject something new to the thread which was just "lol I post a sentence and then you do, then I will, then you do lol". Pfft, how tedious and boring. Rachie's threads, now you bring it up, are full of comments and ideas and well-thought-out posts, not just single-line sentences which, actually, are much better suited to being posted elsewhere such as in PMs.

/wall of text.

italia13calcio 03-30-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 651845)

Come on though, it's a bit of harmless fun. It states in the title it's a private roleplay in a public forum with public threads, open to all. If it's private (and private means 'between select people only', usually) it should be done in a private chat room or on MSN or via email or via PM. Y'know, where it'd be private. It's in a public forum in a public thread, therefore we can post comments within the thread, however BIG THE OPENING POST IS WHICH FORBIDS US ALL OR ELSE. And oi, Bob is an awesome guy (poor guy, RIP). Leave him out of it. Just a bit of fun. In any case, I thought it'd inject something new to the thread which was just "lol I post a sentence and then you do, then I will, then you do lol". Pfft, how tedious and boring. Rachie's threads, now you bring it up, are full of comments and ideas and well-thought-out posts, not just single-line sentences which, actually, are much better suited to being posted elsewhere such as in PMs.

/wall of text.

It may be all fun to you, but obviously the two authors dont think it's funny, and it conveys a huge lack of disrespct. I understand that it is a public forum, and that you are allowed to post. But they asked you not to, and you should respect that, as ALL OTHER USERS ON GETDARE have. If Bob is such an awesome guy, go write a story about him. On your own story thread. And if you feel like it is boring and a terrible story, then why bother reading it? and why bother commenting on it? And they are creating a story, which i believe goes in the story forum. Their style of writing should not be held against them.