getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Doctor Who (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=45160)

Captain Harkness 08-09-2011 04:52 PM

The americans have been claiming its darker at long last and parentally it leaves us something to think on. Just what i've picked up from other websites.

slave1987 08-10-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Harkness (Post 513884)
The americans have been claiming its darker at long last and parentally it leaves us something to think on. Just what i've picked up from other websites.

What it does is advertise points of the plot from a million miles away. I think that they're trying to stretch the series over too many episodes, means that there's a lot of dead space to fill and they don't know how to fill it.

Spoiler:
Since they started it's been obvious that they were going to start incinerating people in order to keep the population down

Captain Harkness 08-10-2011 11:23 AM

The BBc have receive a lot of complaints of the New Series of Torchwood. About it been too gay...
These inevitably will be the people who are watching it because it is on and turning over half way through (lets Face it 9PM nothing else is on on a thursday). These Part time fans as i'd call them have two views, Complain about something or it's amazing. It really pushes my buttons. Although in fairness they may have a point. I wouldn't stretch to the point it is too gay, but we haven't seen much of Jacks Pansexuality. As far as first timers are concerned(I'v no issue with them as long as they listen to criticisms of serious fans) they think Jack is gay. That is not Jack or it wasn't, in Doctor Who he was openly Bisexual and in Torchwood it emerged he was Pansexual. But Starz seem to have him Homosexual. I'm hoping he goes back to his good old days with flirting with plants if he could. I hope this isn't yet again something they've changed about Torchwood and Jack.

Slenderman - Doctor 08-12-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Harkness (Post 514276)
The BBc have receive a lot of complaints of the New Series of Torchwood. About it been too gay...
These inevitably will be the people who are watching it because it is on and turning over half way through (lets Face it 9PM nothing else is on on a thursday). These Part time fans as i'd call them have two views, Complain about something or it's amazing. It really pushes my buttons. Although in fairness they may have a point. I wouldn't stretch to the point it is too gay, but we haven't seen much of Jacks Pansexuality. As far as first timers are concerned(I'v no issue with them as long as they listen to criticisms of serious fans) they think Jack is gay. That is not Jack or it wasn't, in Doctor Who he was openly Bisexual and in Torchwood it emerged he was Pansexual. But Starz seem to have him Homosexual. I'm hoping he goes back to his good old days with flirting with plants if he could. I hope this isn't yet again something they've changed about Torchwood and Jack.

Source?

And yeah. He's not gay but that's the way he's being written. And the latest episode turned into Saw. Great.

Riley Taylor 08-12-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

I love Doctor Who but haven't watched Torchwood. Is he just in a relationship with a guy? Because if he's in some kind of committed relationship of course he'd only be with guys. Well, one guy. But then, I have trouble seeing Jack in a serious monogamous relationship anyway.

Slenderman - Doctor 08-12-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley Taylor (Post 515802)
I love Doctor Who but haven't watched Torchwood. Is he just in a relationship with a guy? Because if he's in some kind of committed relationship of course he'd only be with guys. Well, one guy. But then, I have trouble seeing Jack in a serious monogamous relationship anyway.

He isn't in any relationship at the moment. The last one was with a guy but was openly pan/bi/omnisexual, literally being able to fancy anyone or anything.

drvaleyard 08-14-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Hey I'm back...

I saw this too. I did see a clip for The Middle Men and of Jack turning on his charm with a girl to try to get information out of her about PhiCorp and meet with an administrator of the organization. Kind of flirtatious, kind of...

It is not very spoilery.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucP790_Ezvo

Anyway has Jack ever been seen sleeping with girl? Beside just has been talked about or seen through having childern. I can't recall. I think they should have him sleep with a girl, just to be extra clear that he is bisexual/pansexual. (This is coming from a gay guy :D)

Oh he should sleep with an alien too! Like a Silurian or something.

I'm about in step with the British and have been watching it on the iPlayer. Good old proxies. I don't get Starz.

Slenderman - Doctor 08-14-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvaleyard (Post 516967)
Anyway has Jack ever been seen sleeping with girl? Beside just has been talked about or seen through having childern. I can't recall. I think they should have him sleep with a girl, just to be extra clear that he is bisexual/pansexual. (This is coming from a gay guy :D)

Oh he should sleep with an alien too! Like a Silurian or something.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...ornew/well.gif

...there is the whole Jack/Gwen issue that they've been teasing around with since Series 1 :) Also, in Who, he flirted with Rose when he first met her, and then Martha. So he does like his women too.

Captain Harkness 08-14-2011 02:13 PM

He sleeps with Ianto, Had a grand son so definitely Bi, And i don't remebemer at the moment but he has slept with Aliens in the past.

fire blade 08-14-2011 02:18 PM

Doctor Who is amazing. . . . just sayin

drvaleyard 08-14-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 516977)
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...ornew/well.gif

...there is the whole Jack/Gwen issue that they've been teasing around with since Series 1 :) Also, in Who, he flirted with Rose when he first met her, and then Martha. So he does like his women too.

I like the gif!

Poor Donna, Jack never even looked at her. She was the one most interested in him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Harkness (Post 516996)
He sleeps with Ianto, Had a grand son so definitely Bi, And i don't remebemer at the moment but he has slept with Aliens in the past.

Yeah, you two are right, but I just think we need to actually see him sleep with a women and an alien, just to get the point across that he is pansexual.

I know I'm making a fuss over nothing. :p

Captain Harkness 08-14-2011 02:50 PM

We'll he used to be out of touch, which was great, but he was still very human. Now he's just human and boring and sidelined.

Slenderman - Doctor 08-15-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire blade (Post 517001)
Doctor Who is amazing. . . . just sayin

Correct! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvaleyard (Post 517015)
I like the gif!

Poor Donna, Jack never even looked at her. She was the one most interested in him.

To be fair, Donna and Jack didn't get much of a meeting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Harkness (Post 517020)
We'll he used to be out of touch, which was great, but he was still very human. Now he's just human and boring and sidelined.

So much This.

Captain Harkness 08-16-2011 07:32 AM

Okay my review of the fifth episode is well, farfetched. In this climate people can't get jobs, let alone in a places where everything is going down hill. Nice little bit of humor in it which showed ripples of the old Torchwood. However yet again it was very hollywoody and a lot of writing was done not thinking, The CIA want to kill Gwen, but catching a flight to Wales not an issue? The heart attack at the right place? Torchwood was praised because of how realistic it was whilst remaining fictional, now its a piece of Fiction set in the 21st century.

I'll be rating the past Series' of Torchwood in a little while and then the current one.

Star Shadows 08-16-2011 09:13 AM

I am loving Torchwood so much this time around, Im not sure what has changed but ever since the children of earth series thing Torchwood seems to have stepped it up several notches. Like, it was dark before, but the children of earth and miracle day stuff takes it to a whole next level. I do love it though, even if a lot of people complain about it. I guess I just don't pay a whole lot of attention to the little details. Mekhi Phifer/ Rex is hot anyway so I am content.

I do miss when it was UK made though. Im not sure why they did it but it kinda just doesn't feel right. They wouldn't let Doctor Who into the hands of the Americans in Hollywood I'm not sure why they did with Torchwood. Ill still happily watch though.

I did have a lot of fun watching the Christopher Eccleston doctor who on watch today though. It feels so long ago. But it was cool.