Go Back   getDare Forums > Blogs

A little disappointed with GetDare

Posted 03-14-2018 at 04:07 AM by lilith_ (Ramblings of a Nymphet)
Updated 03-17-2018 at 10:36 AM by lilith_
Tags dares, getdare, rant

I'm starting getting bored and disappointed of GD. It's so hard to find serious people on here who can keep a conversation without dropping their pants after the 3rd message they send me.
All these threads without any kind of depth have started boring me to death. It's not fun seeing a bunch of people giving edges to each other. Where's the creativity? The interesting debates? The people with social skills who don't only want to give impossible tasks?
I know there are a couple of people
Posted in Rants

"Add to my" thread advice Part 2

Posted 02-22-2018 at 05:17 PM by Cassandra
Updated 02-23-2018 at 02:29 AM by Cassandra

Click here for Part 1

15. Your rules guide the players and the game

Whoever designs the rules, determines the behaviors which are rewarded, and the behaviors which are punished. Guess which behaviors people prefer. Do the prefer rewards or punishment (not to mistake for funishments)? So yes, by rewarding what you want them to do, they do it. It's in your hands when you set up the rules.

What do you want your players to do? Do you want your friends to join or others...

"Add to my" thread advice Part 1

Posted 02-22-2018 at 05:14 PM by Cassandra
Updated 02-23-2018 at 02:25 AM by Cassandra

Disclaimer: I am just a human being without any clue, but I felt inspired to answer to NoLimitz call how to create or make a popular "Add ..." thread.

I had to create my own Loser thread by losing a vote to ChubbyShySissy, still working it off, and started some more Add-threads for other users like for lop747, for Gonzalez, for Buttaholic, for my precious pet astro alias oddjobber, and for spankmeohio. I think my first experiene posting and thereby adding in such threads was

gD and its aspects

Posted 12-01-2017 at 11:50 PM by Tryingmybest (Dark recesses of Mind)
Updated 12-01-2017 at 11:54 PM by Tryingmybest

If you would have asked me two years ago whether you will join gD forum or not.. I would have said no, without even a second thought. But here I am

I am still discovering perks of gD, so I don't know how the algorithm of random users finding my blog works. But hey, if you happen to be gD official, I just wanna say thank you, this portal is safe and fun. And thank you for all the hard work that goes behind in making it so. You guys rock!

I am Alex and I am extremely...
Baby Member
Posted in Thoughts

Stories, ads and dares - My blog is not the forum

Posted 07-02-2017 at 11:54 AM by Cassandra
Updated 07-02-2017 at 11:58 AM by Cassandra

I just had a friend having her blog post removed by getDare.

The getDare staff has to remain some order, for legal and practical reasons alone, moderate and even delete some blog posts. Without it, there wouldn't be getDare at all, or at least not as pleasant as I know it and love it. Many thanks for that, especially since the whole amount of work behind this community site is rarely seen.
@getDare staff: Many many thanks! I love you for that.

I also had one of my blog...
Posted in getDare issues

getDare Survival Guide

Posted 06-18-2017 at 03:38 PM by Cassandra
Updated 12-23-2017 at 03:26 AM by Cassandra

Eyes bigger than the mouth. Do you know that moment when you desire more than is good for you, when you bit off more than you can chew, or when something surprisingly turns out to be quite different than you thought? Happens all too often, to all of us. It's fine.

Today I encountered several current and past bigger examples of this issue, here on getDare: People, who started quite ambitious, nearly as much as to make me worry by their planned burden, only to be more or less clearly...

Give and take

Posted 06-13-2017 at 02:43 PM by Cassandra
Updated 12-23-2017 at 03:27 AM by Cassandra

I am not sure if I just take it the wrong way, but ever so often seeing something like or "dare me" or "and waiting for dares" I think: 'What a pity." Alright, there are many users only giving out (PM) dares, but my impression is, there are way more people who desire to get some than users who could ever give out those numbers. On the other hand, and that's how I see friends with PM dare lists get a lot, is not only linking them in their signature and being active on getDare...