Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average.

Random Reviews (Kinky toys and non kinky toys.)

Posted 04-26-2017 at 06:51 AM by IceMaiden
Updated 04-26-2017 at 06:58 AM by IceMaiden

This review is for the "Share the burden" thread, Sain's task of reviewing something recently bought, read or watched.

*Will add other reviews to this post so I'm not spamming the blog section.

My first review is of Silicone Mouth Ball Gag Breast with Nipple Clamps, that AM recently bought for me as part of my birthday present. (I'm still sore he thinks anything with gags or clamps is a good gift for me!)

I'd 'needed' a new gag for a while as my dog decided my other one was her new chew toy, so when this one arrived I was excited to try it but wished the clamps weren't part of the deal. I knew I was going to have to attach the clamps when I first used the gag and I wasn't looking forward to that part.

When I put the gag in I was surprised by how soft the ball was. I have a habit of grinding my teeth and my prior gag caused the inside of my mouth to really hurt due to the material it was made from. But this one was really soft, even comfortable. I assumed the longer I wore it, the less comfortable it would become but that wasn't the case. The comfort stayed, allowing me to wear it for long periods of times without needing to take a break, something I hadn't been able to do with other gags.

This gag seems to produce more drool much more quickly than any others I have tried, however. It doesn't bother me too much to the point I have to stop but it can become a little irritating after a while.

I was scared to try the clamps, as I had always used pegs as a substitute before this arrived and I hate pegs. So I was expecting this to really hurt too! After carefully attaching one of the clamps I waited for a few seconds and began adjusting the tightness on it. I was very, very surprised. It stung, but for the first time ever in my life, in a good way. It became more pinchy than stingy as I continued tightening the clamp and when I couldn't stand to tighten it anymore I placed the other clamp on and tightened that one too.

The most I have managed in one session is about 30-40 minutes wearing the clamps without a break. I can't handle pegs for even five minutes before I am almost in tears and begging to take them off. So the fact I was able to last so long and it be the good kind of pain the majority of the time was a welcome and pleasent surprise.

When the pain started to head into 'bad' pain kind of territory it was time to remove them. I didn't need to untighten/unscrew them to be able to do so, although they gave a very unpleasent pinch when removing them, causing my nipples to throb for a good minute or so and causing me to massage some feeling back into them.

What I like about this toy is how submissive it makes me feel. I do not like being gagged, but I like the submissive feeling I get when I am. I absolutely hate nipple pain, but if not worn for an extended amount of time this toy gives pain I can not only handle but also enjoy. And that is something I didn't see any type of clamps being able to do for me. So I think it was a good purchase. (No one tell AM.)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1519 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I love gags! And the drool they produce! I am intrigued by this one because its silicone. The gag I have is just plastic. But it's still comfortable enough to wear.
  2. Old Comment
    Great review! I know just what you mean about finding something where the pinch isn't unbearable right away.
    And did you know there's a similar silicone ring gag available (but without clamps attached) if you ever need more drool?
  3. Old Comment
    My next review is of one of my favourite teddys! (Stuffies)

This was also part of my birthday present from AM recently. (And much better than the gag and clamps!)

The teddy is about 12 inches and pink and white with big dreamy eyes. Mine is called Sparkles, because what else is more perfect?!

Sparkles sits happily on my pillow almost daily and nightly (I do have to hide him when it's my turn to have my child or he tries to take Sparkles for himself.) and at night I go to sleep snuggling with him. As a person who identifies as a little, this is a perfect gift for me and I would assume many other littles too.

It's soft and snuggly and as it was given as a gift by my Dom/daddy, every time I look at it or hug it I feel warm, squishy and happy inside. Sparkles is a perfect pick me up if you're feeling a little grumpy or just want to cuddle but there's no one around to do so with. He is also fun to play with with small children when they want to invent silly innocent childlike games. (But be sure you get him back!)

The price is very reasonable for the teddy and it makes an awesome gift either by itself or to go with others, even if the person you are gifting isn't obessed with unicorns. If they are obsessed with unicorns (guilty!) it can be one of the best gifts you could give to them! (Especially if their Dom is a unicorn called Sparkles too.)
  4. Old Comment
    My third review is about the TV show "Dexter."

*If you are currently watching this or plan to this may contain spoilers!

I started watching Dexter as no other shows on Netflix at the time caught my interest. I'm not a fan of horror or blood and gore, but friends and family who had already watched Dexter had nothing but good things to say about the show so I decided to give it a try.

What interests me about Dexter is the psychology behind it. Dexter is a serial killer but he only targets other serial killers. (Usually!) As I progressed through the first few seasons I found myself rooting for Dexter to succeed, even though I knew that I shouldn't. He was still commiting murder, he was still a monster himself. He wasn't killing other serial killers to make the world a better place but simply because he too had the urge to kill. And yet I could feel empathy for him and support him. He is a monster but it is so easy to identify with him.

Michael C. Hall who plays Dexter is amazing at his role. He easily slides between family man, boyfriend/husband, well respected and liked co worker in his day job as a blood spatter analyst for Miami Metro's Police force and sociopath and psychopath at night. He delivers his performance flawlessly and brings a mixture of emotions to his character throughout the seasons.

Another thing I love about this show is the mystery and suspense it delivers each episode, as well as the moments you absolutely don't see coming and are shocked into silence. (Rita's death/murder and Lieutenant LaGuerta's murder for example.) Both of those moments had me sitting there for a moment in a "WTF just happened?!" state of mind. Another highlight for me was Julia Stiles' character brought in in season five. She too played her role perfectly. The only let down was how her character left the show.

Several scenes are gruesome and gory and usually I would stop watching a show because of this. But Dexter managed to keep me entertained and in suspense and wanting more every episode, despite the bloody scenes. If you haven't watched already I highly recommend it!
  5. Old Comment
    Next review!

Unicorn onesie! I had been looking for a unicorn onesie for what seemed like months before AM came across this one. As soon as he showed me I wanted it. When it arrived I tried it on right away. It's very warm and comfortable. My house is always freezing, sometimes even when the heating is on constantly but this onesie is so warm that I soon start to sweat in it if doing anything that can raise the heart rate.

The material is super soft and the head goes down over the face perfectly. It's perfect for playing silly animal games with young children. (Or just being silly for the sake of it!)

It's so comfortable to wear that it is easy to stay in for longer than overnight. The first night I wore it, I also wore it the following day as I was home all day and it was so comfortable and warm I didn't want to take it off! If I hadn't have had to remove it to wash myself and wash the onesie I would have kept it on even longer.

It also helps me feel super little because of the unicorn theme and has a childlike innocence to it. It immediately became my favourite nightwear (and sometimes day wear) when it arrived. The detail on it is fantastic, from the horn, to the tail, to the wings on the back.

Next review!:

I wasn't sure about these when AM told me he was going to get them for me. I thought they showed far too much and would make me incredibly self conscious. But they soon arrived and he wanted me to try them so I put the first pair on. I was expecting to be blushy and shy and want to hide. And whilst I was blushy and a little shy it wasn't as bad as I thought and knowing I was wearing these therefore being 'easily accessible' made me feel super subby.

I tried the other two on after the first and the subby feeling just kept increasing with each pair. They're not something I would wear daily or without a reason, but they are something I willingly choose to wear those times I am feeling a little more submissive than usual or when I know I will be doing a scene soon to help me get in the right frame of mind.

They're also pretty comfortable which surprised me. I expected them to be tight and/or I would constantly be aware of them due to discomfort but they're actually more comfortable than most of my other underwear!

The price was reasonable for the product and they are something I can see myself buying more of in other colours.
  6. Old Comment
    Next review! The book "Buttons and Lace."

*This contains spoilers.

I absolutely loved this book. A short sample appeared on my facebook and after reading it I was already hooked and immediately had to buy it. It's very dark at the beginning and some themes involve kidnap, non consent, abuse, torture, rape and slavery so it isn't for the faint at heart. I was surprised how invested in the book became as my usual tastes do not include rape or kidnap in any form. In fact, I will usually stop reading or watching something if those themes are included. Yet I couldn't help but continue reading and had finished the book in a couple of hours and was already eargerly awaiting the next in the series. (Which reminds me I still need to buy the second one!)

What appealed to me most about this book is that the main character, Pearl, has such a strong willed and brave personality. After what she goes through in the beginning of the book it would be understandable if she gave up fighting but she never does. She fights for her life with everything she has and not once does she waiver in her fight for freedom.

The main male character, Crow, isn't really multi dimensional when he first makes an appearance but as the book goes on I couldn't help but start to like him a little. And a little more with each chapter.

This book is difficult to read at times but I think it's a well fleshed out story that faces tough situations with grace and leaves you wanting more. The second was released in feburary and the third is released mid May and I can't wait to read them both!
  7. Old Comment
    This is my last review for the "Share the Burden" thread.

Recently I have been re-watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on Netflix. I watched it when I was younger although it wasn't too often so this was the first time I have watched it in order.

This show is something I will watch when I fancy something light hearted and funny and when I want something that doesn't require 100% attention. The constant one liners and witty dialouge have me often laughing and it's always a pleasure to watch Will Smith in his early career.

What I have noticed watching it in the right episode order and several episodes at once is that even though Will's character is very likeable and often easy to identify with, his character at times can often be selfish and that's something I'm not fond of. Yet even with that small flaw it's still easy to love the character and root for him.

Although most of the show is light hearted, there are several episodes or storylines that hit your emotions and some excellent acting by the cast at these times. (Uncle Phil and Will, when Will's father left Will for a second time, for example.)

My only issue with the show, and a big one, is the character of Hilary. The actress who plays her does an amazing job at her role but the character itself is terrible. She is vapid and shallow in an almost unbeliveable way and there wasn't many times I enjoyed her scenes because of this.

On the whole however, this is a well written show and definitely worth watching if you are looking for a bit of comedy with the occasional drama and emotion.