Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

Old

So I hate my job

Posted 02-08-2012 at 04:31 PM by Jacques

The last two weeks, I have been seriously fed up working- I go between completing meaningless projects for my boss's turf war with another department, and endless menial work that requires almost no effort, but takes forever...

On top of that, my boss has apparently decided to sideline me- I'm being cut out of an new projects or any work that could even be considered interesting, the past two weeks he has barely spoken to me, and yesterday, he actually went through the hassle of offering...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Office christmas party

Posted 12-10-2011 at 02:32 PM by Jacques
Updated 12-10-2011 at 02:37 PM by Jacques

Our office had our christmas party a couple of
days ago, and I finally realised the purpose of christmas parties:

All the old, saggy pervy men who spend a year being professional, get to do what they wanted to do all year and be drunken, sleazy animals, and cheat on their partners/ wives. Whilst the women who spend the year dealing with inappropriate comments and jokey comments...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Wicked

Posted 07-18-2010 at 11:05 AM by Jacques

I went to see Wicked with my friend as a kind of early birthday thing. I read the book months ago and really liked it.

The show is really good- the songs are really catchy (esp Defying Gravity, which has been in my head since) and the story is different enough from the book to be new, pretty close. The lighting and sets are really cool as well.

The only thing I didn't like was the crazy large number...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Lies, damned lies, and statistical anomalies

Posted 02-05-2010 at 12:57 PM by Jacques

(this blog has nothing whatsoever with statistical anomalies, hence the lies)

I haven't posted much for a while now, and I didn't realise how long til I saw I still had my Xmas avatar up (unlucky...)

The reason for this, well one reason, is that I now have a permanent job. I won't spoil as what, because it's not very interesting, imagine for yourselves (Gorrillagram Assasin- the money's good and they let you keep the suit to play the drums in)

I am also living...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Chatting, the universe and everything

Posted 09-15-2009 at 03:53 PM by Jacques

So I've started using getdare chat, and had some really good conversations so far (though possibly the people I was talking to wouldn't agree) I like the ease of talking and the whole live thing- even if it is easier to make mistakes...

It looks like the whole religious 'war' thing has settled down, which is a shame as it was really funny, but probably a good thing- I don't like the idea of organised religion, but I respect everyone has their own view, and respect anyone who does believe...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hi!

Posted 06-04-2009 at 03:14 PM by Jacques

Hi there-

I'm Jacuques, a 20 year old student... for another two days before I have to join the ranks of the unemployed I guess, from the UK.

I've been reading stuff on getdare for a couple of months and decided I'd create a profile as at this point I have notihng else to do this summer....

What else... I don't play truth or dare in real life a lot, except maybe in relation to a drinking game of some sort.

I really enjoy reading, tv, films...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized