Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

An assortment of my thoughts, feelings, ideas, and poor attempts at humor, all rolled into one easily digestable package.
Old
Rating: 10 votes, 4.20 average.

My Hat's Off to You

Posted 12-07-2009 at 10:22 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

Here's my salute if you will to the various people on this site. I really appreciate everything you all do.

Depp, thank you for this site. Without this site, I'd probably be bored to tears on a near nightly scale.

Moderators, thank you for helping watch everyone. There's a lot of people out there, and you all do a good job on it.

Story authors, thank you for your great work. I recently tried writing a story in 'real' life, and I appreciate what all you...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.

I Don't Like Christmas

Posted 12-05-2009 at 09:59 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

I haven't posted in a while, and the first thing I say is, "I Don't Like Christmas." I do like some parts, like the families and friends coming together, giving gifts, and good meals. But I really dislike the rest.
Like how people go crazy on buying hundreds of dollars of gifts for each person. Why must you give that much? Me personally, I'd be happy with one book in total. But somepeople find happiness in giving a lot, so to each their own.
Why must we not give gifts when...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 2.00 average.

Greater Cosmic Balance

Posted 10-18-2009 at 08:07 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

Hmmm...why must there be balance? Yesterday, I had the best day ever in my life. I was so euphoric, I even called myself giddy (that's right, 'giddy'). Today? Worst day of my life. I have so many burn marks, cuts, twisted joints, bruises, that just existing hurts, let alone breathing. And that's just the physical part. I don't have many bad days, but this one takes the cake.
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in About Me
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

And the beat goes on.

Posted 10-12-2009 at 09:22 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

Everyday, I do the same thing. Wake up, shower, eat, go to college, go to work, sleep. I like the constancy of this; seeing how everyday is planned out and no unexpected events come up. But I wish for diversity at the same time. My days just blend together, with nothing to tell them apart. I honest distinguish between my days by what I eat. Sad isn't it, how nothing else is different enough to track between days. So I need to change without changing; to stay constant with some variables. But...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Turning Heads and Standing Proud

Posted 10-04-2009 at 08:12 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

I recieved in the mail a letter saying I had been accepted into a prestigous group, that inductions would be on a certain day, I need to bring this and that. And so all my friends are congratulating me, telling me that I've done a great job, yada yada. I thanked them, then tore up the letter. They looked at me like I was an idiot (one of the slapped me even), and yelled at me for doing that.

You see, the premise of this organization is character, school studies, and community role....
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

"Imagine me and you, I do..."

Posted 09-30-2009 at 09:02 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

Here's a quicky blog.

Love hurts. Yes, love is the greatest thing I've felt, but the most painful too. Both ends of the spectrum. Just lost my girlfriend to my best friend. I know it's clichèd, but it happened. Still, " 'tis better to have loved and to have lost, than never to have loved at all."
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in About Me
Old

Alone in a Crowded Mind

Posted 09-30-2009 at 07:49 PM by Odiefrom (What Strikes My Mind)

I think differently at different times, with different values, friends, and even how I remember things changes slightly. I don't know why this happens, how this happens, or really anything about it. Yeah, I'm the guy walking along having a conversation with myself. Yeah, I'm the guy alone in crowd. Yeah, I alienate myself from others. But I don't care. In the words of Popeye the Sailor Man, "I yam what I yam, and that's what I yam." I honestly don't know if I could be catagorized as...
getDare Sweetheart
Posted in Uncategorized