Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Update: More personal learnings about gender

Posted 06-24-2019 at 02:22 AM by CSasha (I love words)
Updated 06-24-2019 at 02:40 AM by CSasha

I have been to a (pen&paper) role-playing con, second biggest in Germany, and went to a panel concerning LTBG issues in the hobby. It expanded into culture and media.

Since I specifically how we should handle the numbers when representing minorities, the consent reply from the panel line was: overrepresent! The Human mind was slow to change and so overrepresentation was needed (i.e. not just showing 10% of relationships-sex scene with non-hetero-normative partners, but one third or...
Oracle
Posted in Transitions
Old

Coming out

Posted 04-22-2018 at 09:54 AM by CSasha (I love words)

Thanks to sockless74's blog post, I have seriously asked myself how I came along. I think partly, I didn't try to fool anyone, but on the other hand, I have meddled and struggled with how others conceive me.

I am transgender. I thought it didn't play a role too much that I was, and still do, but on the other hand: society. That's the whole trouble it's about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Transgender people are those who have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their assigned sex.
Oracle
Old

Women, men and other humans Part 2

Posted 11-19-2017 at 04:27 PM by CSasha (I love words)
Updated 06-17-2018 at 06:46 AM by CSasha

Part 1

- We are all sexist. Our society is. Even our laws. Conscription laws. Some decades ago women couldn't join the German army anywhere else but in medic or musician divisions. Though currently unused, the state can only conscript men. Around twenty years ago, courts called this fair and equal because "women have to bear children."
Currently, in Germany, women have a two year lower pension age than men. Why?
Our societies still have to cope with plenty of sexist...
Oracle
Old

Women, men and other humans Part 1

Posted 11-19-2017 at 04:26 PM by CSasha (I love words)
Updated 11-19-2017 at 06:37 PM by CSasha

Growing up in a small German town in the 1980s and 1990s, I have always tended to be of different opinion and a social alien. Maybe if I hadn't questioned and challenged so many standards, I wouldn't have had as much trouble. Anyway, I did, and I also suffered from ubiquitous sexism, quite balanced positive as well as negative, though I tended to overlook it. Even recently, I noticed I am sexist myself. Still today, for me it's in plenty of commercials, ads, everyday phrases and simple sayings, as well...
Oracle