Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Coyote

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Angry

Posted 04-21-2009 at 06:59 PM by Coyote

Getdare has become slightly(very) shitty. Most of the new members never read dates on threads before they post, they only ask for dares for themselves and never contribute to the site themselves. They bump posts and keep bumping.

This has driven so many members over the edge into leaving. I have had friends on this site that have left because of their frustrations. I seriously considered making a long post basically saying that Getdare was fucking shit now and then leave. But i decided not to and TRY to wait it out. If this keeps up i will have no choice but to follow Smile out the GetDoor.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5542 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I would encourage you do go out that door if you keep calling users shitty (really). This kind of talk creates the same hostile environment I would assume you are against. I'm getting really tired of the constant whining. getDare serves users of all ages. With that comes having to deal with younger users. Kind encouragement goes a long way.
  2. Old Comment
    Thing is, every forum is going to have users who are pretty much just taking up space... in fact every aspect of life will have that.

There are jobs where you get some people who don't pull their weight and let others do all the work, and make it seem like they are contributing but aren't.

You'll have friends who will only ever want to take, but never be there when you need them.

It's life, some people are just selfish and waste others time, some are great people who will help others.

On that note, I don't feel that the "all the new members are shitty" view is anywhere near correct. Especially when you consider that some of those users are actively contributing well. Take someone like MissTease, I don't think she's posted outside of her thread, but that's one amazing thread. Should she be classed as "shitty" because she doesn't scoure the forum and contribute everywhere else?

I don't even come here for the TorD stuff really, sure I'll post some dares, but I come here because I enjoy reading them, and it seems there are some worthwhile threads cropping up, and it's entertaining. Does that make me a shitty user?

Plus, looking through the archives, there are threads way back where people were asking for dares, which were being given, but then no response as to whether the dares were done at all, only for another thread to pop up a month or two later by the same person who, once again, doesn't say what happened (if you were lucky you might get a "I did that, anything else?").

So it's not a new thing where some users seem to take up space, it's always happened, but like I Said at the start, it happens in every walk of life, and in every forum I have been a part of. It's ridiculous to let them get to you, even more so to kind of act above any new users because some don't appear to be "pulling their weight" in your eyes.
  3. Old Comment
    Nitpicking new users gets us nowhere. Many of the people complaining are guilty of the same misdeeds they seem to now be so violently against. I find these recent events highly narcissistic and non-constructive. It's amusing to see good posts and threads continue to show up in volumes while a handful of posters bemoan the "death" of the site. I really wish the narcissists would just leave already as this attitude accomplishes nothing.

I've always tried to nudge users in the right direction rather than rule the site with an iron fist. Nobody is perfect but I think we should all try to be a little kinder, helpful, and understanding. Most new users are not trolls looking for victims but users looking for fun.
  4. Old Comment
    That's kind of what I mean, there's plenty of decent stuff going on, and in fact the only thing I find annoying is when there's a "slave" asking for a Master, only to find that it's just someone wanting to get off, or someone who's the opposite of that. But as I say, that's going to happen in other places that are similar anyway, so getting worked up over it is pointless.
  5. Old Comment
    I never used to understand why you wanted to leave, Coyote. But now I do, while I am not going to encourage you to leave (at all) neither am I going to encourage you to stay.

I have no idea what it is that has made getDare loose its appeal, or whatever I have lost, but it has for me, maybe it is for other people.

Good luck in whatever choice you make!

(Oh, and unlike others who have posted in your blog, I am not going to say anything about it's delivery, other than "It's a little over the top")
  6. Old Comment
    You know, I can't help but to find it a bit amusing when members whine and say "ah, the site has lost its appeal", "it has changed", etc. Because I don't see so much that has changed aside the fact that some users leave and some new faces show up. Which is normal on any forum.

But in the 2 years I've been here if there's anything that has been a constant it's members complaining about stuff. A year ago it was about the S/M area which was allowing members over 16. So we raised the age restriction to 18+. Then it was the rep saga... We disabled it.

If people posting in old threads concern you to the point of not enjoying the site anymore and wanting to leave and call the site shitty then I think that you may take things way too seriously.

As for the rest, I agree with depp's comments.
    Posted 04-22-2009 at 01:50 PM by SubMissChievous SubMissChievous is offline
  7. Old Comment
    I agree, everyone just asks for dares now.