Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
Personal life Stuff about my life
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

To Whom It May Concern

Posted 05-12-2010 at 10:25 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Updated 05-12-2010 at 10:54 PM by depp

Dear valued getDare community member or lurker,

My only joy in life is moderating album pictures. It's the only thing that brings me smiles. Please upload sexy images so that I may live vicariously through them.

Cheers,
Depp Davenport
SysOp
Old

Google & China / Depp Muses About Work

Posted 01-13-2010 at 03:25 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Tags china, google, jobs, work

Posting about two things today. I'm really impressed with Google's recent statement that they are seriously thinking of pulling out of China. Hopefully, over time government censorship will leave that country. I really hope this starts a trend with companies like Microsoft, Yahoo!, and Disney jumping on board. Unfortunately I'm too pessimistic to really believe it.

On a more personal note I'm preparing to look for a new job. I've spent the last week working on my portfolio and hope to...
SysOp
Old

I can see you!

Posted 12-21-2009 at 11:48 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

Had a magical night this evening. It was just cold enough that nobody came to the beach here in Southern California, but not so cold you couldn't have a bonfire with some close friends.

A group of teens set up a couple hundred feet away from us late in the evening. It was just us and them on the beach tonight. As we packed up to go I watched them briefly and saw they were starting a game of Truth or Dare. Some of them had their phones out while deciding rules and playing. As I left with...
SysOp
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

A New Religion

Posted 11-28-2009 at 06:19 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Updated 11-28-2009 at 06:24 AM by depp

Yesterday I did something terrible... I bought a used Mac Mini. I'm a bit of a Mac hater but I need it for some software that is not available for Linux or Windows. My religion is Ubuntu and this makes me feel like I just sinned. I try not to support the evil computing monopolies. I feel so dirty!

I'm in love with Linux so hopefully I'll get along with my new toy and tool. I better, I'm going to have to sell my Wii to afford it.
SysOp
Posted in Personal life
Old

Depp the Stalker

Posted 11-09-2009 at 10:15 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)
Tags albums, stalker

I was looking through the albums and saw a picture of a place I walk through almost every weekend. To think there are getDare peeps there is scary! You freaks are everywhere.
SysOp
Old

I'm in the mood for a trashy night.

Posted 08-30-2009 at 10:50 AM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

The perfect night for me right now would be watching Cruel Intentions, eating cheap "Chinese" food, and drinking some Fox Barrel. Sadly, there is no way in hell this will happen tonight. I'll be having this dream all week until I can finally live it out next Friday (maybe).

Last night was strange for me. I actually felt happy for the first time in as long as I can remember. Instead of studying or doing homework I had been playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (in Wine!) for thirty...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cruel_intentions.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	43  
SysOp
Posted in Personal life
Old

Damn you Google Chrome!

Posted 07-28-2009 at 12:30 PM by depp (Depp's Blog of Doom)

I'm developing some new sites and have been having a hell of a time with Google Chrome. I expect trouble from IE, but Chrome?

Every major browser now supports @font-face. Not Chrome. Interestingly Safari, a browser based on the same engine, has done this for quite a while now. Even IE has supported @font-face since IE6! It's been supported in the Chrome betas since January but after 6-7 months it is still nowhere to be seen.

I've also run into a Chrome bug that randomly...
SysOp