Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Give and take

Posted 06-13-2017 at 02:43 PM by CSasha
Updated 12-23-2017 at 04:27 AM by CSasha

I am not sure if I just take it the wrong way, but ever so often seeing something like or "dare me" or "and waiting for dares" I think: 'What a pity." Alright, there are many users only giving out (PM) dares, but my impression is, there are way more people who desire to get some than users who could ever give out those numbers. On the other hand, and that's how I see friends with PM dare lists get a lot, is not only linking them in their signature and being active on getDare in general but also giving them. It's so easy to return the favor. And those who do, get even more.

As much as I pity anyone in dancing who practices neither to lead or to follow only, I see the benefit for anyone to at least experience the other side of the bargain.

Come on, chaps, get your bum up. If you want to get dared, get your PM dare list ready and linked in your signature, and PM dare others who did the same. Ask for return of the favor.
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 15

Comments

1. Old Comment
    They could always check out some of your amazing signature links as well.
  2. Old Comment
    I agree of course! How can you expect others to dare you if you never dare yourself? Dares can only be received when someone gives them!

I do not agree however with asking to return the favor. That's just personal but if I see someone asking me that I'm less likely to return the favor. It removes the surprise factor if I would. I'd rather send them back a dare later when they don't expect it.
  3. Old Comment
    Exactly. I can only put so much passion and energy into trying to write interesting and specific tasks (maybe not pm dare related), but I can only do so much especially if someone does not want to return the favor.
    Posted 06-13-2017 at 08:38 PM by Wedgiebondagebabe Wedgiebondagebabe is offline
  4. Old Comment
    May I also add how much PM Dares help when creating a custom task for someone? Doesn't matter if they are simple or complex, they do give a basic understanding of what the person likes or is willing to do. The likes/dislikes list helps, but they are usually too general, examples help greatly.
  5. Old Comment
    Thank you for the many comments. Interesting point with the asking. I should consider not making people do it when I give them dares which include sending PM dares.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaroface View Comment
    I do not agree however with asking to return the favor. That's just personal but if I see someone asking me that I'm less likely to return the favor. It removes the surprise factor if I would. I'd rather send them back a dare later when they don't expect it.
    I agree. I never ask unless specifically instructed to do so by another dare. I do have a REVENGE dare for those who feel they must have some back, but warn that I don't like it and don't send cupcakes.

Those who don't have useable PM dares of their own should not send PM dares. I have this on my page: "I may choose to decline PM dares from someone who does not have viable PM dares of their own."
  7. Old Comment
    It's highly interesting to see such a variety of opinions here. I know I didn't have a decent PM dare list by myself quite recently, and I am even not sure if my current list qualifies.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarvHarvey View Comment
    Those who don't have useable PM dares of their own should not send PM dares. I have this on my page: "I may choose to decline PM dares from someone who does not have viable PM dares of their own."
    Hmm.... I still like to send people pm dares, even while I don't have any active pm dares myself at the moment.

Is that unfair?
  9. Old Comment
    I don't like pm dares so I do not have an active list, however I know that people who have pm dares have them because they like to receive them. So I have no problem sending them even though I don't have anywhere for you to "return the favor". If you choose not to do them because I don't have any, that is up to you.

That being said, I don't send pm dares often.
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaroface View Comment
    Hmm.... I still like to send people pm dares, even while I don't have any active pm dares myself at the moment.

Is that unfair?
    Nah, people could always post in your AMA instead

But seriously, I don't see the problem. I always thought if people have compiled a list they like receiving it no matter the source... And they make a good ice breaker.

What I find a little strange that may be relevant to the discussion is that there are people like you or Marv who identify as subs and enjoy giving tasks.

I am always nervous/wary of doing that as I always fear offending the person, or that they won't like it, enjoy it, etc. Maybe it is a submissive mindset of giving tasks? =o
  11. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by qmu View Comment
    Nah, people could always post in your AMA instead

But seriously, I don't see the problem. I always thought if people have compiled a list they like receiving it no matter the source... And they make a good ice breaker.

What I find a little strange that may be relevant to the discussion is that there are people like you or Marv who identify as subs and enjoy giving tasks.

I am always nervous/wary of doing that as I always fear offending the person, or that they won't like it, enjoy it, etc. Maybe it is a submissive mindset of giving tasks? =o
    There is a difference between giving a pm dare and writing a task.

I don't think that it is a prerequisite to be a dom or top to give a task. If somebody has asked for a dare (either through pm dares or another request), or you have offered, I think that as long as your dare is wanted, respectful of limits/likes and creative, it should be well received.

I know that some subs don't like giving dares at all. I also find it is a different skill set. Some people just aren't good at thinking on their feet and coming up with some creative and challenging and fun.

If you are a sub who enjoys giving tasks/dares, I say go for it!
  12. Old Comment
    Yes, it's a service I suppose, though not without pleasure.
  13. Old Comment
    Hmmm. Some good points. I do think context matters.
    I think it can sometimes be somehow unfair for those without to send PM dares, but not always and less likely between persons who know each other.

(I have never "enforced" my statement that givers should have some PMs of their own, btw. I mostly have it as a way to point out [if anyone even sees it] that they probably should have some.)

And making tasks is a different skill set, as Butterfly says. I like letting that cat out of the cage even if it sometimes crosses people's wires in how they think of me. Sorry qmu!

(I'm not a dom-type at work either, I'm a consensus builder. But I can and like to let the tiger out sometimes to make things happen!)
  14. Old Comment
    Ok, sorry, I didn't express myself right earlier. I agree that giving tasks is a different skill. What I meant is the mindset, the objective behind giving a task. (Follows experience after following GvB's punishment for more than a month of giving 5 "thoughtful dares" per week.)

I found that I also like giving dares, but it is more about making sure the person doing it enjoys themselves than the actual task giving or getting pleasure from the person doing it. That's what I meant by submissive mindset.

And on the give and take topic of the original post. I know there are people who can come up with crazy original things on the fly. I can't, and it is truly disheartening to take time going through a person likes/dislikes, previous posts, look for references over something she said she enjoys like a game, and trying to fit it all together in a coherent and creative task, and then get nothing, not even an acknowlegment she did even read it. Or sometimes even hate mail because it was not what she wanted to receive =p

*rant over*
    Updated 06-14-2017 at 11:04 AM by qmu
  15. Old Comment
    Nothing better than a little rant, hehe.
    I agree. Fortunately, I have experienced a good portion of dare receivers who reply with an industrious report, and guess who I get back to when I feel generous again.