Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > I love words

Welcome to getDare
Join the latest fashion of Promises.
Ever tried one of my fap roulettes?
Did you know about PM dares? A nice and gentle way to start playing here.
You can get a lot of PM dares by sending them in the PM dare bashing game.
Rate this Entry

Watch your steps

Posted 01-18-2018 at 01:09 AM by CSasha

I would have liked to have shared a picture here but didn't find it. Someone was telling his therapist: "I give so much but I don't get anything back". It was the Santa Claus.

When you give dares or do anything public, you get asked by complete strangers, something like: "Hey, how are you? What are you up to? Could you make an add denial thread for me, too?" And then I sigh a little because it's so difficult for me to say no. He took the first obstacle by choosing an avatar after I asked him to. Next thing was sending me some likes, limits and other details I would need anyway for such a thread.

The good thing about such simple requests is, that we get impressions about each other. How literate is he? How slow or quick, how detailed or accurate is he replying? I tend to delve into the full effort and partly commiment with play. But if my partner cannot keep up the pace, then I am going to get a big disappointment that my efforts are not payong off by the lack of similar commitment, ability and power of my partner. It's a risk of burning out, no matter if as dare giver or receiver.

I wondered why he hadn't posted in my current adding thread at all. It's a very simple thing to do, and still, many people have their reasons never ever to do it. Fortunately, before I put in big effort of creating a first version for him, I asked him to post 50 times in that thread. I saw one post. And then no second one at all. He proofed to be completely off my pace. But we both noticed before any bad blood was spoiled.

I am glad I did watch to make smaller steps here and if my partner could dance with me and that speed. That's the learning I wanted to share.
Posted in getDare issues
Views 1903 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Better to find out now rather than having put all the effort in. It's quite easy to bite off more than you can handle as a sub (in terms of the tasks but also time/complexity) so far better to take little steps to find your limits than big steps that are far more demanding of doms.

(Anyone who willingly opens themselves up to one of your evil thread "dances" is braver than me though )
    Posted 01-18-2018 at 05:53 AM by PrincessJessica PrincessJessica is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Exactly. Thanks for thr compliment.
  3. Old Comment
    The thread dances may be evil and terrifying, but also very tempting. And it seems I might have one of those coming my way.

I'm glad it ended quickly and you didn't end up investing too much. Maybe some filter tasks are actually a good idea to stay safe good to know.