Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > AbusiveMaster

Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Legally Blonde: The Musical. (A review)

Posted 11-22-2017 at 04:39 AM by AbusiveMaster

My IceMaiden has been unwell recently. Her sleep patterns are interrupted, her energy levels are low and - at times - her emotions run high.

And so it was I found myself last night spending our weekly 'movie night' suffering through a travesty known as "Legally Blonde: The Musical."

What can I say? I would like to begin by commenting on the quality of the acting. I would like to, but unfortunately in the two hours and four minutes I spent watching this, I failed to notice any acting to comment on. No, that's unfair. There were two dogs who were very well trained, and you could barely tell they were regretting signing the contract. They have never worked again, poor creatures.

The singing.... I suppose with a vast stretch of the definition, we could call the inane, invasive inundation of intolerable and intellectually inconsequential instrumentation singing. The songs were chirpy and plastic, as were the singers. My volume started out at 13/100 and ended at 9 because even at low levels, the screeching attempts to find the high notes were painful to endure.

It is testament to how painful the experience was that I was unable even to take solace in young, fit women dancing vigorously on stage, though in fairness, i did have my little girl on cam and she is far more appealing to the eye.

I think the lowest point of the experience was when Icy told me we were about 90 minutes in, i checked and we were barely past the hour mark. The dissapointment almost broke me. As for my favourite parts of the show. Well at one point, my headphones fell off. That was a memorable highpoint of the experience. Oh, and we paused it for a few minutes till Icy went to get juice, I enjoyed that. The absolute best part of the show was that it ended.

Rarely have I felt the effects of Einstein's theory of relativaty as strongly as I did last night.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1195 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    OHMIGOD it wasn't that bad!!!