Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > My Blog of Bloggy Blogness

Rate this Entry

Titles

Posted 02-16-2018 at 11:33 AM by Hammarling

"They call me MR.Tibbs!"
Go watch 'In The Heat Of The Night' if you have not already seen it, Sidney Poitier delivers one of the all time best cinematic performances!

Titles are an important part of life, no-one likes being given the wrong title. You want to be addressed properly at work, school, the shops. It's common courtesy to be polite and formal. And in BDSM titles carry even more weight.

Sir. Master. Dom. Mistress. Domme. Goddess. Slave. Sub. Slut. Whore. Pet. Kaiju. Owner. Property. And so on...

My personal preference is for 'Master'. It's a classic dominant name, provides a nice reminder to my sub and myself that i am the one in charge.
'Sir' is also good, for the same reasons. But Sir is also widely used in the vanilla world, a waiter/waitress should call me Sir for example. So Master carries more weight with me, because it's specific to my bdsm relationships.

'Daddy' is complicated. Certainly in the vanilla world no-one is calling me Daddy. But it can still carry some of that slightly off implication due to its association with being a parent.
However i quite like 'Daddy', with the right person. In one of my recent relationships, the sub called me 'Daddy, but i never got that off feeling from it. It wasn't a parent thing, or a father issues thing. She just wanted to show her admiration and care for me, which was better expressed by Daddy than Master. And as we talked we realized it expressed better the dynamic we were creating of a caring and guiding dominant to a young and learning girl.

A title carries what you both give it. Send me a PM addressing me as Master, it won't mean anything to me. Equally i wouldn't normally send a message to someone random calling them Slave.
A title is important. It's defining. They are not just to be idily thrown around without thought or care.

Just a short blog on a few short thoughts, hope it was sort of intresting.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1096 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I personally do not like anybody calling me a title at all unless we have entered into a relationship of some sort. This goes for both Domme titles and sub titles.

I also will not call somebody Sir or Master without entering into a relationship. Respect is something that is earned, and those titles are something that hold a lot of respect.
  2. Old Comment
    Indeed, titles are great but only if you are actually in a D/s relationship. I love calling my misses "Princess" and "Goddess". I personally like the classic "Mistress" too, but my misses don't which is respected of course.

Personally, I don't like any of the usual male titles: "Sir", "Master", "Daddy".... If I ever were to be a Dom (which is not very likely as I'm mainly submissive) it would be hard thinking of what I'd want my sub to call me.