Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Tease

Rating: 12 votes, 4.08 average.

The Truth about Bears and Butterflies

Posted 04-06-2015 at 12:34 PM by Tease
Updated 04-06-2015 at 12:44 PM by Tease

The Truth about Bears and Butterflies

Recently our bottom loving butterfly posted blogs (here and here to besmirch the good name that us Bears have, trying to justify how those fluttery creatures are better. Well bratterfly here is my response to your blog, the first reason your wrote was:

"Butterflies are colorful and beautiful. Bears are brown. Ewww, who likes the color brown?"
Bears are already awesome enough without the need for bright shouty colours to say look at me look at me.

A butterfly is basically a moth in a day-glo leotard.

Look at me, aren't I pretty

1. Bears are interesting, bufferflies are dull.
Have you ever heard anyone debating or talking about Butterflies apart from a shallow comment of how pretty they look. In comparison people talk about Bears, how we eat, how we act and even our poop is interesting as I've heard those humans talk about whether we shit in the woods.

2. Bears are famous and talented, Butterflies are not.
There are lots of famous and talented bears Yogi, Baloo, Lotso, Paddington, Winnie the Pooh, Fozzie, Rupert, etc when have you ever seen a film or tv show about a Butterfly?

Can you name all 20 bears?

3. Bears are known for their prowess, Butterflies are not.
Animals are often associated with a skill or talent.. eyes of the hawk, ears of the Wolf, Speed of the Puma and of course Strength of the Bear. No one mentions butterflies at all.

4. Bears relax and enjoy life, Butterflies fly around aimlessly
Why expel so much energy fluttering about all the time with no real point or purpose in life except flutter flutter flutter Ooooh pretty flower. Bears know what they want in life, they are relaxed and chilled, they can take their time and enjoy the beauty of life and of food and sleep.

5. Bears have a much longer Lifespan.
Butterflies live on average for a month, Bears live on average for 30years. Who wouldn't want to live for longer?

6. Bears sound cool, Butterfly sounds ewww
The name bear is something people take and want to use to signify they are great i.e. Bear Grylls or Jack Nicklaus (The Golden Bear). Bear is used for mountain ranges, aircraft, islands, they appear in biblical references, in economics and even in sports teams most notably the Chicago Bears. Who ever heard of the Chicago Butterflies!!

Both Butterflies and Bears have given their names to sea fairing vehicles so we can make a direct comparison here"
The BEAR was a forerunner of modern icebreakers and had an exceptionally diverse service life. According to the United States Coast Guard official website, Bear is described as "probably the most famous ship in the history of the Coast Guard."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bear_(1874)
The Butterfly in comparison is a laughable and rather feeble sailing dinghy, originally designed for a crew of two, but now most commonly raced single-handed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_(dinghy)
Enough Said!

Butterfly isn't even an original name it steals its name from a fly and some Butter!! LOOK:

7. Family
Bears embrace their extended family be they Panda, Koala, Polar, Grizzly we all get along and know the importance of family. Everyone here knows the importance of family right?

Butterflies on the other hand try and disown their cousins the moth. They even try and say that hedylids (American Butterfly-moth) is actually a moth when in fact it's a Butterfly.

See how mean and nasty they are to disown family just because they aren't pretty and colourful, so nasty in fact they won't even come out at the same time of day in case they are seen together!

(Butterfly will no doubt try and disown her heritage - however DNA analysis found evidence that suggests plume and geometroid moths are likely the first relatives of butterflies. Read more here

8. Butterflies have a mental disorder.
They suffer from Dissociative Identity Disorder (think Multiple personality disorder) they are born as caterpillars but go into rehab for their creepy crawlyness and come out the other side as Butterflies. Make up your minds you mental creatures!

A Bear is born a bear, he grows up a bear and dies a bear. He knows who he is and what he is doesn't need rehab and to change personality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	funny_bears.jpg
Views:	1033
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	301

9. Bears are hilarious, butterflies are yawn.
Bears get into wacky antics. They're like kittens, except they can and will destroy us. Sometimes they swim in pools. Sometimes they twirl sticks. Sometimes they guard marijuana fields in Canada.

When's the last time a butterfly did something funny? Oh, right. Never. Did you see that hilarious Discovery Channel show about the Butterflies that wave to people? No?You didn't? Oh that's right Butterflies would never do that. You're thinking of bears.

10. Bears are Cuddly and loving, butterflies are mean
Most people as a child have a Teddy Bear, cute cuddly bears that are warm and loving. They are quite often the childs comforter and when times are tough they reach for their bear to cuddle.

Name:	teddy-bears.jpg
Views:	1317
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	302

Summary
So there you have it in Butterflies blog she didn't have the luxury of fact and truth so she had to resort to slurs like "Bears are hairy. Enough said." to try and justify it. I've provided evidence, fact and irrefutable proof that Bears are indeed better than Butterflies.

We always were, We always are and we always will be!!!

With all that said there is one very special Butterfly she truly is a remarkable lady and such a close friend that I love dearly. I am willing concede that she's pretty awesome and may even be on par with a bear like me (I really need a large drink after admitting that). I'm so very happy that she has found love with her special man and that the two of them are so fantastic together that I want to wish them all the best for the life they will be starting together shortly.

Thank you Butterfly for being my friend and for all you do for me and everyone else, for always being there when someone needs you. Never stop, never change - You're beautiful my friend <3

Name:	mayangelubutterly.jpg
Views:	1054
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	303

This reminded me of you and all the changes you've undergone and how beautiful and remarkable you've truly really become.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7601 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I guess I can concede to the fact that butterflies and bears both have their good and bad qualities. And I might even go as far as admitting that one bear in particular can be pretty close to my excellence.

You really are a fantastic friend and I am so lucky to have you in my life. I can't wait to send you a wedding invitation. I'll even address it to Sir Yogi Bear (only a little less amazing than butterflies).
  2. Old Comment
    This blog is perfect.
  3. Old Comment
    You two are far too cute! so... here are a few reminders of how well bears and butterflies can coexist.

See.. tired bears are never bothered by lovely butterflies

This guy is more than happy to have a butterfly friend.

Winnie the pooh has fun with butterflies!
    Updated 04-07-2015 at 03:25 PM by Mr. Devious
  4. Old Comment
    Just... don't you two dare have babies......

YIKES!!!
  5. Old Comment
    Don't worry honey, any babies I have will be yours. I just hope they have your looks and my hate for bears

*shudders at the thought of making baby yogiflies*
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asslvr View Comment
    Just... don't you two dare have babies......

YIKES!!!

YIKES Indeed, that's an abomination of nature, how could anyone ruin a beautiful bear by cross breeding with one of those menacing fluttery creatures.

Shudders.. yuck.