Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > loke

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

All about me

Posted 01-23-2011 at 10:04 AM by loke
Updated 01-23-2011 at 10:34 AM by loke

I am Matthew. I am 5'5"

I been on this site since October (twenty something) 2008.

I love the Wii and I am a huge Red Alert and StarCraft series geek/nerd/fan.

Well maybe not everything, but I will try to do a lot. Now I will say this right off the bat, I got this idea off of some other people who did it before me.

My parents had me in the year 1989 so I was born in the 80s, on October 12th, so in a not very interesting month. People may think my life growing up was easy, but really it isn't.

For 8 or 9 years, my neighbor would constantly come over, and be over for almost the whole day, and he did nothing but fight me, insult me etc... It was rare when he did not say something mean or insulting or humiliating to me. The only reason he stopped was because he hardly comes over now, but he did mature greatly as well, he's not the terrible monster I once knew him as.

Before I move on to the more positive things about me, I will talk about one more thing which living with sucks.

Since I was 12 (maybe earlier, but that is as far back as I can remember) I developed a stuttering problem. I would stutter a lot everyday in home and in public. My dad said it usually goes away when I get into adulthood. Well, sadly, that never happened. And upon further research, I found out if you develop it around 12 or 13 or 14 years old, you will more than likely have it for the rest of your life. I stutter a lot everyday in public and in my home, that haven't changed since I was 12. There are times when I stutter less than usual, which I call my "less stuttering periods" and times when I stutter more than usual I call it my "more stuttering period". When I am in my less stuttering period, I try to enjoy it the best I can because it goes back to my normal stuttering at anytime. This time, that period lasted for about 1 or 2 months, it was good while it lasted, but sadly, I am back to my normal stuttering (which is a lot).

Now I do know everyone stutters every once in a while throughout their lives, but for those that have the stuttering problem (which is a speech disorder), like me, stutters a lot everyday, or for some people, not as much but more than those who don't have the disorder. It's extremely tough in public with it (nervous or not nervous, I stutter the same amount) even when people do not give me weird faces (I get weird faces a lot) its still very humiliating.

When people hears me talk on the mic, they don't hear some of the stutters because some of them is soft which the mic cannot pick up, unlike you can pick it up in real life.

How about something a little more bright now?
I

I was a huge fan of weather since I was a little kid. I would even pretend to do on-camera forecasts back then lol. Not until I was 18 was when I really started to delve MUCH deeper in the field and use other tools to try to predict stuff.

What else, well i am a horrible writer and I am 21 so I love to drink beer and wine. Its pretty funny, in my house, those are the only two drinks I bring up so my younger brother said "to him, that is all the alcoholic drinks that are out there". Which my dad said is a good thing so that I won't try to drink any of the harder liquors that has more alcohol in it.

I am slow when it comes to thinking and figuring things out, and my knowledge is severely lacking for my age.

That's it.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2333 Comments 16
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 16

Comments

1. Old Comment
    If your stuttering developed later in life, you should consider going to see a therapist. It's usually a sign for something else.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetsong View Comment
    If your stuttering developed later in life, you should consider going to see a therapist. It's usually a sign for something else.
    Well it developed around 12 years old and my parents never brought me to a therapist cause my dad said it would supposedly go away by now. At least thats why I think they never brought me to one.

First before I go to one, I need a job. They are expensive.
  3. Old Comment
    My dad liked to tell me what was what medically, too. Then, I went to an actual doctor, and almost everything he told me turned out to be wrong. Actually, turned out to be the exact opposite.
    Your parents may care for you and want what's best for you, but that doesn't mean they know what's best for you.
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rant View Comment
    My dad liked to tell me what was what medically, too. Then, I went to an actual doctor, and almost everything he told me turned out to be wrong. Actually, turned out to be the exact opposite.
    Your parents may care for you and want what's best for you, but that doesn't mean they know what's best for you.
    That's exactly what happened here. My dad was totally wrong and like what you said about yours, it was totally opposite from what my dad said as well.
  5. Old Comment
    I have been told in my special education classes NEVER to rush someone with a studder or finish their sentences for them. This will make it worse. Just try to relax and be calm while you are talking and hopefully it will start to go away.

Anyway lots of famous people studder. Like Seth McFarland, or however you spell his last name. He's the guy that created Family Guy and a bunch of other shows. He does the voice of Brian the dog and a few other characters. If you listen to him, he studders all the time. It's not much of a big deal.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiger View Comment
    I have been told in my special education classes NEVER to rush someone with a studder or finish their sentences for them. This will make it worse. Just try to relax and be calm while you are talking and hopefully it will start to go away.

Anyway lots of famous people studder. Like Seth McFarland, or however you spell his last name. He's the guy that created Family Guy and a bunch of other shows. He does the voice of Brian the dog and a few other characters. If you listen to him, he studders all the time. It's not much of a big deal.
    Yeah I read that online (except for the last sentence) and I never knew about those people
  7. Old Comment
    Nice! I think stuttering is cute.. There are people I know who stutter when they get emotional.. It's just nice, for some weird reason that I can't explain.. mm..
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swan View Comment
    Nice! I think stuttering is cute.. There are people I know who stutter when they get emotional.. It's just nice, for some weird reason that I can't explain.. mm..
    Like I told other people though, the cuteness of it is not good enough for me to not want to try to get rid of it.
  9. Old Comment
    It should be.. Be proud of it, Loke.. It's something not everyone has..
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    It should be.. Be proud of it, Loke.. It's something not everyone has..
    I know, but its still tough having it.
  11. Old Comment
    What's so tough about it? Hmm?
  12. Old Comment
    Quote:
    What's so tough about it? Hmm?
    The humiliation and the weird looks from people.
  13. Old Comment
    The day you stuttered with confidence.. without feeling embarrassed about how bad you sound, I'm sure you'd stop getting those looks..
  14. Old Comment
    Quote:
    The day you stuttered with confidence.. without feeling embarrassed about how bad you sound, I'm sure you'd stop getting those looks..
    It doesn't matter. After people hear me stutter (not everyone) they give me looks. And how can I stutter with confidence? I think I am confident enough with it lol.
  15. Old Comment
    Lol. Matthew, they give looks to make you feel weird.. When you show them that those looks don't bother you, they would stop trying.. That's how it works. You might just have people look up to you for being like that..
  16. Old Comment
    I think that you got some good advice from the posters on your blog. You maybe just need to relax and build up your confidence. Maybe therapy would help but I appreciate what you said about costs.