Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Jessica's Blog

Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

What's in a name?

Posted 02-07-2018 at 10:46 AM by PrincessJessica

I'd never even thought of the so-called "sissy name" (I don't really like being called a sissy but that's for another blog) before I joined GetDare, and my initial reaction was to dismiss it as a bit of silliness. They barely seemed to get used and just seemed like a cute idea that I couldn't see having any real effect on the sub. Even though I was pretty sure my Mistress would want to label me with something I was pretty sure it'd have no effect on me. How wrong was I?

My opinion had already changed long before I got my lovely name. Although most people seemed to use their designated name next to never I began seeing a few more that used it permanently; crucially to a point that I stopped thinking of their username's at all, instead having to remind myself I was actually talking to a guy. Their identity and gender had slowly shifted in my mind. I was now intrigued.

Part of me would love to claim that "Jessica" was thrust upon me in protest, that a large enough part of me had the sense to fight back against a bit more of my manhood being stripped away. Nada. In fact, I drew up a shortlist of names & then almost begged for a name change. Partly as my username is shoddy (5 secs of thought went into that ) & partly as I knew my Mistress would get some giggles out of it. After a few initial names were rejected on the basis one of us knew someone called that we settled on Jessica.

A few weeks into having it and I'm surprised how much how I like it:
  • The humiliation is subtle but constantly likely to be brought up. Like a ticking bomb that, while it won't massively injure me, will slap me around the face again and again.
  • It instantly gets me feeling subby. The first couple of times I was called it I blushed, not blushed as in had to type a cute little smilie but actually physically blushed I can strip off on cam, send my naked pics to anyone who asks nicely and do all kinds of exposing things with relatively little humiliation now. Yet just a few letters of text were able to actually humiliate me.
  • The main thing I like about it though is how it reduces my "kink guilt". I tend to go through spells of experimenting more with kinks before my sensible side kicks up a fuss & engulfs me with guilt. That voice at the back of my mind, "What the heck are you doing?" With an increasing amount of daily rules impacting on my daily life, the inevitable happened when I woke up in the middle of the night wearing just panties with a raging hard-on from my denial. I began to question just how I've ended up it such a pathetic situation and desperatly wanted to rip them off. However, I quickly dismissed it as not my decision; it's Jessica's. As daft as that sounds it at least meant I quickly fell back to sleep anyway.

Although it's still early days I'm loving my new name. Unlike my actual name, I was able to choose it so it means something more and I like the sound of it more too. It strips away a little more of my manhood and gives a constant reminder of the small sub "sacrifices" I make (& enjoy making). Crucially it keeps me in an obedient subby mood for longer while also allowing me to enjoy myself to play a little deeper without that horrible sense of guilt pulling me back.

Jessica
x
Posted in Sub Diving
Views 2513 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    My gD name, Cstelle, came about by accident and wasn't meant to be (nor indeed is) a sissy name - it has nothing to do with humiliation or stripping away manhood, or anything - but for me too the importance of the new name was a surprise. I thought it would only anonymise me - but it did so much more! I am so much freer, smarter, and perhaps even happier as Cstelle. I wish I could be Cstelle in real life too.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cstelle View Comment
    My gD name, Cstelle, came about by accident and wasn't meant to be (nor indeed is) a sissy name - it has nothing to do with humiliation or stripping away manhood, or anything - but for me too the importance of the new name was a surprise. I thought it would only anonymise me - but it did so much more! I am so much freer, smarter, and perhaps even happier as Cstelle. I wish I could be Cstelle in real life too.
    Interesting Cstelle, it's definitely liberating to be called something else & have a change of identity to some degree, and beyond just an extra layer of anonymity as you say.
    Posted 02-08-2018 at 05:45 AM by PrincessJessica PrincessJessica is offline
  3. Old Comment
    It's nice to see you found your name you like Jessica. I've seen you saying in a thread you liked being called by your new name. And I've called you by your name.

I'm just happy for you, you found a name that fits you. It just makes me thinking about some other stuff too.
  4. Old Comment
    I recall having once experimented with a name but at the time I never really felt much. Might have been because the domme just didn't mesh with me well and so I could never fully get into the right mentality. Whatever the reason was, I felt none of what you mentioned here.

But I'm beginning to see the appeal.

Thanks!
    Updated 02-08-2018 at 02:05 PM by nnrrgy (typoooo)
  5. Old Comment
    Glad you found a name you love there, Jessica. :-) More power to you! ^.^

My name is one I picked out for a MMORPG (City of Heroes) and I've fallen in love with since. Should be no surprise that the alt I used on there was female. And I've used it in Final Fantasy 14, as well. With a female alt. So, I know what you mean about a name being a bit liberating. However, due to how much I use it, I've also used it in my RPGs which I now curse myself for because it is a name I fabricated and several people in real life know I use it. So, they could potentially find out about this side of my life... lol