Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

Look At Me

Posted 01-13-2017 at 06:46 PM by techiegirl
Tags rants, techie

Anyone who knows me rather well might understand that I tend to overthink things. A lot of the time it's kinky things. Why do I enjoy submission? Why am I a brat? Why are limits important?

Lately, the focus has been on body image. How does kink effect my body image? I've been writing about this quite a bit lately, simply been on my mind a lot.

I am usually at least somewhat aware of my physical appearance. Except when I'm playing. During a scene, my mind goes blank. I tried to explain it earlier and came to two different conclusions.

Either my appearance simply doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is the scene and my role in the scene. This is what I usually believe. I'm focused on other things and so my appearance simply isn't a priority.

Or everything in that moment is perfect. I'm submissive and obedient, exactly how I should be. I am my play partner's number one priority and they are mine. The world grows still because everything is perfect. So, in this moment, I am perfect as well.

Personally, I like the think the latter is correct and that my appearance does matter, it's simply perfect for that moment.
Posted in Personal
Views 3523 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Self reflection and analysis of our kinks and motivations is an art so rare its whispered about like a legend, keep investigating yourself and your kinks as it will make you stronger.
  2. Old Comment
    to be able to accept yourself in the here and now is a challenge that you will face through out your life until you realise that its you that matters but we are taught by others and influenced by media that how we look is the single most important thing. If you look good you will attract the right kind of mate, if you look bad you will get whatever is left. what others don't get is that, what is left is sometimes exactly what you are looking for; someone who doesn't judge you on how you look but how you sound, how you kiss, how you love... in terms of a sub of course it becomes harder because not only do you have all the above you have the extra pressure of being the right sub for your master. not only am I pretty enough but am I obedient enough to not doubt everything that is asked of me and when he she takes into a place that you have never been, are you going to be the sub that really wants to go there or will you let them down.
    So much stress.
    You are enjoying playing on line. The pressure there is eased because (I assume) you are not perhaps on camera and so when you zone out all your imperfections no longer matter. Stay on line and keep exploring and keep asking and maybe one day you will find you have the confidence to say this is me, I am kinky and naked and comfortable with my body .... and I hope you find it because it will be beautiful