Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Depp's Blog of Doom

Enjoy my blog. I'll try and post stuff and update things from time to time.
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Attention all astonishingly clever getDare members!

Posted 08-24-2009 at 07:14 PM by depp

It never ceases to amuse me how people try to argue loopholes they find in the rules.

I got this well-written gem today in my PM box:
Quote:
O com on I found a way around it I didn't write 16 Characters I wrote 15 character which over 16 characters and it doesn't say 16 characters so i don't see the problem.
This is the sort of crap users waste my time with on a regular basis. This was from an idiot upset about his 3 point infraction (you don't get probation until 4 points).

The moderators are here to keep the site from becoming a festering pile of shit. We will throw rotting turds in the trashcan regardless of how sweet smelling they profess to be. I get plenty of legitimate concerns about the rules PMed to me (props to users like erickj92 and many others) but this sort of slimy crap is a waste of your time. Users like this seem to mistakenly think I can't ban them for just being a douche (in this case I actually did not ban the user).

Because I want getDare to be fair I always try to play by the guidelines and corresponding infractions we have established. I am also always open to private discussions about site issues and operations. We may disagree on how the rules should work but ideas, suggestions, and constructive complaints are always welcome. When you send me shit like this, all bets are off.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9383 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This must be a way to vent your anger.
  2. Old Comment
    Woot! Special mention!

Oh yeah, and *pew pew* with the silly annoying "i can haz darez pl0x?" people.

Edit: Maybe I'm dumb, or just don't speak mule, but that PM he sent you makes absolutely no sense to me..
    Updated 08-24-2009 at 08:30 PM by erick92
  3. Old Comment
    For the benefit of erickj92 (and probably others), I think the PM is basically saying...

It's against the rule to write "16 characters" to dodge the character limit. So I was a smartarse and wrote "15 characters" instead.

Which, quite honestly, is made of fail.
    Posted 08-25-2009 at 04:21 AM by Slenderman - Doctor Slenderman - Doctor is offline
  4. Old Comment
    That wasn't even a smart way to dodge the rules, why not just keep writing, or not type anything if your type is that short and most likely not of good quality anyway seeing that PM.
  5. Old Comment
    Ah Fenric, I get it..

I don't see the issue, here.. 16 characters isn't that much, honestly.. The ONLY place I ever had issues with the 16 character limit was in the lunge with games.