Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > RainbowSky

Rate this Entry

Holly's fantasy

Posted 12-17-2017 at 01:01 AM by RainbowSky

Hey all,

Some of you may know that I have been writing a story here on Getdare called Holly's fantasy.

I've started several stories on here before now and just hated them and stopped. Holly's fantasy was different. It was slightly out of my comfort zone in terms of the storyline but I had clear intentions of where I wanted the story to start and end up - admittedly that changed about 8 times.

I've finally finished it, and although it wasn't quite the ending I originally planned I am so proud of it and happier with the new direction it took. I think if it had gone the original way it wouldn't have been as fun to write about and nor would i have finished it because I just wouldn't have had the motivation.

The final story is 62 chapters long, 58727 words, and it has taken the 11 months to write from start to finish. And I am so proud of it.

But now I'm going to be slightly cheeky and say if you have enjoyed reading it, I would really appreciate if you would nominate the story for 'Best Story of the Year 2017' in the competitions thread on the site. It would mean so much just to get nominated.

Thank you so much for all your support this year with this story it has meant to much.

Rainbow
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2574 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Done. Actually I was going to nominate your story even before I saw this blog post (but hey - I am a lazy bum), because it is the first multiple POV story that I have seen that actually gelled together properly. You give each character their own uniqueness, whereas in most other multi-POV stories I've seen, the characters tend to be cookie-cutter templates.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Runesmith View Comment
    Done. Actually I was going to nominate your story even before I saw this blog post (but hey - I am a lazy bum), because it is the first multiple POV story that I have seen that actually gelled together properly. You give each character their own uniqueness, whereas in most other multi-POV stories I've seen, the characters tend to be cookie-cutter templates.
    Thank you so much. I really do appreciate your support on the story.