PDA

View Full Version : Fiction: Halloween:The Return of Micheal Masters!

korvaid
04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Here is the first post in the highly anticipated sequel to my first story, "Dignity Academy".I would recomend reading the original story first if you havent already, because there may be references in this one that require knowledge from the fIrst story to understand.Enjoy!

__________________________________________________ _______________

It was halloween.It had been over a year since Maria first walked into Dignity Academy, and she was finally getting used to normal life again.Her boyfriend (who was really her fiancee, but they never really told people that.) had left town for a few weeks to audition for a part in a movie.Oh, yes, since leaving the custody of his sadistic, half-crazed aunt, Jared Collin had been able to pursue his dream of being an actor. He was perfect for it too. In the time since the Academy, he'd acomplished much in the way of acting, while still keeping up with school.Maria was happy that he'd finally been invited to an audition, but they were both a little aprehensive about the fact that it would put them miles apart for weeks.Ever since Jared had freed Maria and the other girls from the Academy, he'd taken on a highly protective disposition, and though he wouldn't admit it, Maria thought that he felt bad about leaving her without him to guard her.

To help cheer her up, Cissa Morne and Maddie Tompson, two of her closest friends who she'd met at the Academy were throwing a halloween party.It was at the local community center, where they went sometimes to just chill out.They were also making Maria come in costume.She hadn't wanted to pull a princess thing or something, so she'd found a costume in the mall that just looked like a cheesy halloween outfit.It consisted of a sleeveless blue and gold dress that ended at about her mid-thigh,some loose bracelets, and a blue cartoonish tophat.Maria had added black stockings to it, her time in the Academy having made her extreemly self-concious regarding her clothes.

It had been a great party, with all the works:candy, music, and inumerous amounts of soda.It was just winding down when Cissa tapped Maria on the shoulder and told her there was going to be a dance outside.She asked if Maria would help her set it up.Maria agreed and they both went outside.Together they set up a big circle for the dance, built a fire to tell ghost stories beside, and picked out thier favorite songs to play.They were just about to go back inside and get the rest of the partygoers when they spotted him.Aproaching from the street was a short, stocky man with a fuzzy chin and mousy hair that had been teased into a mullet.He wore glasses and had a pointed chin.It didnt take more than a second to recognize him.It was Micheal Masters, the former teacher of the Discipline 101 class in Dignity Academy.And he had found them.

carlonikid
04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Good start please continue

rdcottman
04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
getting very interesting and interested, please keep writing. btw, i loved the first story.

Henhen28
04-21-2010, 12:57 PM
This is a great beginning to what is sure to be an amzing story! I have read your first story and loved it, and can't wait for more of this one. Good job, and keep it up! :D

Henhen

firenight
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
love it can't wait to here more

hookedondares
04-23-2010, 05:33 PM
im liking this and i loved the last one =D carry on

coolkid22
04-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Love it!!!!! Great story, couldnt be anybetter please go on.

Star Shadows
04-24-2010, 07:53 AM
An excelent start to the sequel of an excelent story. It should be brilliant.

Keep up the good work and try not to rush it too much

korvaid
05-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Unfortunatly, Ill have to leave GD for a little while due to family concerns.I will be back, but i'm leaving this thread open to any authors who'd like to continue it.

sydneyyy93
05-21-2010, 05:12 PM
I thought this said Michael Jackson at first lol but yea I loved the Halloween Movie makes me wanna watch it lol.

korvaid
09-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Run. It was the only thing Maria could think. With Cissa close on he heels, she spinted off, in the opposite direction of her nightmare incarnate. She didnt look back. Soon, she found a small shack in the back of the building. She and Cissa dived in, locking the door and backing against the opposite wall. The only sound was the girls heavy breathing for the moment. Maria waited a long moment before saying: "I think we lost him." There was no reply. "Cissa?" She looked up. Cissa was there, looking with wide, horrified eyes. "What is it?" Maria asked worriedly. "Door." Came Cissa's choked reply. Only when a powerfull hand closed in on her shoulder did she realize what Cissa meant. The shack had two doors. And Mr. Masters had known it.

A bleary Jared Collin picked up the phone sitting on the table next to his bed in the hotel room. He presses the answer button and put it to his ear, promising to go postal if this was a sales call again. "Hello?" A gruff, aprehensive voice greeted his ears. "Jared Collin?" Jared suddenly had a bad feeling in his gut. "Yeah. What's going on?" The voice took a moment to reply. "Uh, this is officer Greg Maris, we met before about Dignity Academy." Jared's mind raced. Maris was the officer who had believed him and helped him prove the horrors that were going on at the hands of his insane Aunt.

"What's happened?" Jared asked. "How soon can you be here?" The question sent cold lead into Jared's stomach. "How important is it?" "Maria's gone." Two words. The two words he never wanted to hear. "Ill be there is six hours."

Jared didnt know what exactly had happened, but he did know one thing: Somebody's going down.

korvaid
09-28-2010, 05:20 PM
It was a caffiene-hyped and sleep-deprived officer Greg Maris that was sitting at the recpetion desk, waiting for a sixteen-year-old kid. Blinking into his mug of coffee, Maris reflected on the first time he had met Jared Collin. He had come bumbling into the police station, waving some photos and demanding help in liberating the girls of Dignity Academy. He had almost been thrown out of the door, but Maris, who had been running his own investigation of the controversial Academy. Maris had taken one look at the grainy images in the young boy's hands, and less than an hour later, the police strike team had stormed the school.

His reflections were interupted as the doors clicked open. As he had every time someone entered in the past two hours, he looked up. A harried-looking youg man dressed in black. His eyes were the same as Maris remembered, peircing blue-gray. His hair was the same jet black. He was taller, and older, but Jared was largely the same as the day he had first walked into the station.

Pushing a lock of hair from his eyes, Collin looked up. "Tell me everything you know." he said shortly. Maris raised his eyebrows. "Nice to see you too..."

__________________________________________________ ____________

Maria looked around. She could only see Cissa,less than a foot away, still asleep. Thier tormentor had thrown them into the back of a van, and started driving. Eventually, they had both fallen alseep, and they hadnt stopped once. Maria had woken up here. "here" ws a relative term. All she knew was that everything was dark, the floor felt like bare concrete, and it smelled musty. She wouldve liked to explore more, to try and find a way out, but bot hshe and her friend were gagged, and leashed to something behind them that didnt budge. It had taken a few minutes for Maria to register that they were the same collars that they had worn at Dignity Academy.

She sobbed. She had been so sure that it was over. That she would never wear this collar again. And here she was. She would have stayed there, sobbing if not for the door being opened. Two pairs of white-and-blue underwear were thrown at Maria, and an oily, terribly familiar voice said; "Wake up the other student, and put on your uniforms. It's almost time for class, twenty-seven, and this time, we're stepping up the standards."

Epick
10-28-2010, 06:49 PM
I love the shift in focus, and the split storyline. Looking forward to some good dectective work :)

newbzoors
04-07-2011, 09:40 PM
This story is so amazing. Please tell me you plan on writing more!

korvaid
06-04-2011, 09:33 PM
The conference room of the police station was quiet. Truthfully, no one around the table really knew where to start. Officer Maris didn't want to be the one to tell Jared about Maria. Jared was fighting back a queasy stomach, and the urge to hit something. Police chief Donald Kettering only knew that a girl had been kidnapped. Detective Sanderson was always a timid fellow, and wasn't keen on breaking the heavy silence. The profiler, Sarah Allison, was hoping that someone else would talk, just to break the tension. It was Maria's mother, Dara Hadley, that finally spoke.

"How could this ave happened?" she asked no one inparticular, cradling her head in her hands.

Chief Kettering exchanged glances with Maris. "Mr. Masters is a dangerous man."

Dara's head snapped up. "DANGEROUS?!" she almost yelled. "Of course he's dangerous! That's why your department shoud have arrested him last time!" Near the end, Dara choked back a sob.

Maris, who was sitting next to her, grabbed her hand comfortingly. "Don't worry, we'll find her. He's smart, but we know what he's going to do." He looked hopefully to Allison. "Right?"

Allison shifted uncomfortably in her chair. "Um...based on what we know from his history, I can project the most likely state of mind, and his possible movements."

When everyone looked expectantly at her, the profiler continued on nervously. "Well...uh, it seems aparent that he is extremely disturbed. But, uh, you knew that. He is most likely extremely driven by the desire for control. He enjoys making others submit completely, and the eisiest target is, of course....young girls." Allison paused as Maria's mother lost her dinner into a waste basket under the table.

Kettering motioned for her to continue. "That being said, his preference for the easiest target and need for control suggest that he is inwardly a coward, and will avoid any confrontation with someone he sees as superior or stronger than himself. Logically, he will probably take his victims to a hiding place he knows, where he feels secure."

Detective Sanderson nodded. "So...we should be looking for someplace he's been before, like a former residence or workplace?"

Allison nodded, and Sanderson almost looked surprised that he was right.

Kettering, never one for dallying, gruffly adressed the police assembled in the room. "Good then. Sanderson, Allison, you two start making a list of likely hideouts. Maris, take Ms. Hadely and Mr. Collin someplace where they can get some sleep, then see if you can get ahold of the other girl's parents again. I'll get the rest of the department briefed to start searching and work on warrants when I get the list."

The officers all nodded, and the group split up to accomplish thier respective tasks.

"You were awefully quiet in there." Maris said objectively.

Jared looked him in the eye, talking soflty so as not to disturb Dara, who was alseep from exhaustion in the padded chair a few feet away. "I'm not staying Maris. I can't."

Maris nodded. "You'll need to take my keys. And make sure you don't get caught. You're technically still in witness protection until Masters is in prison, so unless you escaped while I was sleeping, i'm breaking the law by letting you go."

Jared nodded. "Thank you." he said.

Maris shrugged. "Just don't let the bastard get you too." he said, leaning his head back, pulling his hat over his eyes, and drifting to sleep as he felt the keys being taken from his belt.

pymani96
06-12-2011, 03:09 PM
What i've read so far, is amazing. Can't wait for the next part
Pymani

lordbob
06-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Please don't stop I love this story.

Star Shadows
06-13-2011, 01:40 AM
It took me far too long to get back to this story after the first section had been posted, it was actually some activity on
The original Dignity Academy story that reminded me about the sequel. I'm so glad I found it. Thilling and beauifully written.

pymani96
07-25-2011, 10:00 AM
And you can follow this story at #abandonedstoriesongetdare
Pymani

7890kjb
11-19-2011, 11:44 AM
this is a pretty good story.I liked the oringinal and the sequal is epic to!:)

daremaster 1
11-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Really great story! Can't wait for more!

Snowlepard761
11-23-2011, 06:53 AM
Please continue, this story is awesome!

Aliciai<3u
12-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Please continue for this is awesome

korvaid
12-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Jared

Jared tossed away yet another crumpled ball of paper, sighing. It had been nearly sixteen hours, and still he had no more information about Masters than he had after his first thirty minutes of sifting through records.

Masters had been a brilliant student at University, and had been on the road to the big leagues of the behavioral science field thanks to a remarkable paper on the use of tear-down experiences to reprogram a subject's behavior. Then, he had been disgraced when a young victim by the name of Sarah Middton had come forward and accused him of implementing his theories on abducted girls across several states. The charges, though, had been brushed under the carpet thanks to a wealthy benefactor named Birch, and his public record ended there.

Even assuming that from then on Masters had been working with Birch towards and then in the Academy, it left very little for Jared to go on. He had hunted down every scrap he could find on the Academy, Masters, even Birch, but he was no detective. He was beggining to think he should have stayed with Maris.

Then the phone call came. It was the phone in the cheap motel room he had rented. He picked it up, expecting a wrong number.

"Jared Collin?" The sultry voice at the other end asked.

"Uh..yeah. Who is this?"

"Ah, Jared. My name is Miss Hartman. I have information about the location of one Micheal Masters."

Jared blinked. "What information? Where did you find it?"

Hartman paused for a long moment. "It doesn't matter where it came from. What matters is that it's true, and like anything valuable, it comes with a price."

"I don't have-"

"I don't want money, Jared."

"What then?"

"I'll tell you later. But if you want to know where he's taken your friend, you'll have to promise me that whatever I ask for later, you will accept my terms. It's the only way you'll find her."

Jared swallowed. He didn't like the sound of "accept my terms". But, this was Maria. His Maria. "Fine. Tell me what you know."

"He's gone to an old house on Garrison Street. It's on the outskirts. 5547. He'll have measures in place to stop anyone from intruding, so be careful. And remember, Jared. You owe me now. I'll be in touch."

The line went dead. Jared sighed. There wasn't time to worry about Hartman right now. He went over to his laptop and set up a time-delayed email to Maris with the address. Having the cops bust down the door might put Maria in even more danger than she was in already, but if Jared hadn't gotten her out in three hour's time...at least there would be a second chance....

Hades
05-23-2013, 03:16 PM
All I can say is that you better not be done writing.