PDA

View Full Version : Fiction: The girl born from curiosity.

boxman
12-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Part 1
This is my first ever attempt of writing a story so please let me know what you think. I plan for this to be quite long and there may even be a part 2 if the reception is any good.

The sun was low in the sky but the air was still warm. It was late august and the last of the summer fayres in Norfolk (a county in the east of the UK) were drawing to a close. Jack and his friends usually didn’t like visiting such childish events however; on this occasion Jack was looking after his neighbour’s son. He thought he would be there alone until his friends heard of his visit and, regardless to Jack’s objections, decided to tag along.

Among the group there were 1 other boy and 2 girls, they were Jack’s closest friends at school and had been in his classes since his first day at high school. The boy was called James and had been Jack’s longest friend he was average height but well built with short brown hair; they had known each other since they were 9 years old and had been best friends ever since. The first girl was called Katie, she was a tall girl with an impressive figure, she had bright blonde hair and carried with her a sense of class. At first she and Jack didn’t get along, they were both very intelligent and often tried to get the better of the other person in tests at school. After time, however; their constant competing drew them closer and now they had forgotten completely of their original quarrels. The other girl’s name was Beth, the best way to describe her would be petite, she had cute features with flowing brown hair and almost had an Asian look to her even though both her parents were English. Jack had had a crush on her for the past 2 years but he was a shy boy and rarely fully let out his emotions.

Now a little about Jack, he was born in Cyprus to two English parents but he moved to Norfolk, England when he was just six months old. The first 9 years of his life were good, with no cares in the world but when, he turned 10 his life turned upside-down with the death of his Father. It affected him badly but it was nothing compared to his Mother. Her mental state slowly deteriorated and before long she couldn’t look after Jack. Jack moved to live with his grandparents who also lived in the area. Before the incident he was a confident boy however; his Father’s death caused him to become reclusive and shy. 6 years has passed since then and Jack was beginning to gain confidence again. He had made good friends at his school and he was starting to enjoy life again. Jack had average length fair hair and was about 5 foot 11.
They had been on most of the rides at the fayre and it closed in 30 minutes.

“Well this was a waste of time.” James shouted out, “I shouldn’t have bothered coming at all”

“No you shouldn’t.” Jack replied, with an irate tone.

“Well I thought it was fun, especially the dodgems” Beth said a voice that sounded small enough to be a mouse.

“This is the last time I tell you people of my plans.” Jack replied, “All you’ve done today is complain and whine. I wish you wouldn’t insist on coming along to my personal events just to find a way to embarr…”

He stopped dead and the whole group knew why. Right in front of them there stood a small circus style tent, it was designed with alternating yellow and red stripes which slowing thinned into a pointed roof. There was nothing physically concerning about the tent however it gave out an obscene aura of menace. They all felt it the moment they laid eyes on it, a shiver went down all their spines in unison and they all felt each others fear. Jack brought up the courage to look around himself, almost too scared to move he turned his head. No-one apart from the 5 of them noticed the foul message the tent projected. Then, as suddenly has the feeling bestowed upon them it was gone. Everything felt normal again; they looked at each other, none daring to say anything. They began to walk again but as they passed the tent Jack stopped.

“I have got to go in there.” Jack blurted out; everyone instantly knew what he was talking about.

“Don’t be stupid Jack.” Katie replied, with concerned tone, “Let’s just get out of this place.”

Katie wasn’t sure if Jack heard her or just chose to ignore her but he proceeded to enter the tent. James started to go after him but Katie held him back.

“One of us being an imbecile is quite enough.” Katie commanded.

James knew better than to argue with her and so stopped where he was. 10 minutes passed while the friends all stood there looking worried before James decided to make a stand.

“Right that’s it I’m going in the…” But before he could finish Jack walked out, as pale as a ghost. “What is it?” James said, “What’s in there?”

Jack didn’t reply, all he could bring the courage to say was “Let’s go home James, I’ll tell you there.”

To be continued...

youngmaster123
12-27-2009, 05:22 PM
This is really good, your writing is nearly flawless, it flows really well, and you have built up suspense while giving us a nice impression of your characters. I'll be looking forward to finding out more. Nice work :)

boxman
12-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Part 2

The bus journey home was a long and silent one. No one said a word; Jack was still extraordinary pale and every so often shivered. The others would often look at each other with worried expressions on their faces. After what felt like years the bus finally came to a halt at the top of Jacks road, there was a sigh of relief as the 5 of them began to make their way off the bus. Katie and Beth’s stop was the next one, a few minutes nearer the centre of town however they felt it right to see Jack home. They slowly proceeded up to Jack’s front door; James gave the two girls a dismissive wave, they both nodded, understanding the hint and turned to leave.

“Bye!” Katie called as they left, attempting to add a little false enthusiasm to her voice.

Jack responded with a mutter under his breath as he and James entered the front door. Jack headed straight for his room and James followed closely behind, making sure he didn’t fall or do anything dangerous. Jack entered his room and collapsed onto his bed, James sat in the chair in front of Jack’s desk. Jack had a small room with one large window almost covering the entire right hand wall. His room hadn’t really changed that much since he was a small boy and there were action figures and children’s books littering the shelves. On the other side of his room there was a small desk; Jack was never really interested in being tidy so this was also covered in a mixture of school books, empty coke cans as well as Jack’s laptop.

An eerie silence filled the room for a full ten minutes before James drew the courage to speak out.

“Right, I can’t stand this tension anymore Jack, you have to tell me what happened inside that tent!”

Jack let out a long sigh as he tried to find the words.

“I…I don’t know how to say this” Jack stuttered, almost too nervous to speak. “I went in and the first thing that struck me was how large it looked on the inside. You remember that strange feeling we all had outside?” James nodded in acknowledgment. “Well it was ten times stronger in there, it was dark too, very dark”

“So, what happened then?” James blurted impatiently.

“At the back of the tent there was a woman, she was very old, she must have been at least 75. She looked sinister, like a witch or something. Anyway, she ushered me closer and I felt a force pull me towards her, almost against my will. The whole time I was there she was muttering under her breath.”

“What was she saying?” James asked, with extreme curiosity. “Come on Jack, get to the important part”

“Ok, ok. I sat down on a wooden stool in front of her, she took both my hands and looked directly into my eyes” Jack’s expression suddenly changed, his face filled with horror. “Those eyes James, such foulness”

“Then what happened, Jack?” James was starting to fidget in his chair.

“She talked me through my life; she told me every detail of what has happened so far, she knew everything about my past. But this wasn’t the worst part, next she started to tell me of my future.”

To be continued...

momo
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Great story so far... Flawless grammar and fluency and very enticing. Can't wait to read more ^^

boxman
12-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Part 3

Jack took a deep breath; he couldn’t believe he was saying this, especially to his best friend for the past 7 years. He built up the courage inside of him and almost felt physically sick at the thought of what was happening.

“She…She told me I was going to change” Jack spluttered, on the verge of tears.

“Change, what kind of change?” James couldn’t keep the words in; he simply had to know what was going on.

“A physical change…she told me I was going to change…into a girl”.

Silence. Jack’s face had turned back to the ghostly pale that had been so apparent at the fayre. It was only an hour and a half since Jack walked into the tent but to James it felt like days had passed. The silence was suddenly broken by a hoot of laughter; James fell off his chair in hysterics.

“How can you laugh at this?” Jack’s face lit up with rage “My family, my life, everything will change after this moment and all you can do is laugh?!”

“You don’t actually believe that, do you Jack?” James’ face was bright red and his face was filled with a massive grin. “That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard!”.

This was followed by another collapse to the floor, Jack stormed out, furious. He slammed the door as he left the room, he could still hear James laughing from his room at the bottom of the stairs. Jack heard James call a sarcastic comment but ignored him. ‘Yes’ Jack thought to himself ‘It seems totally ridiculous’. But all this time it felt so believable, so real, as if it was set in stone, as if it had already happened. Jack calmed down a little, he was assessing the situation properly; he was never a believer in the supernatural and suddenly the whole episode seemed ludicrous. Still, he couldn’t help but have a hint of bad feeling in the back of his mind. He pushed that aside for now, he decided to go to Katie’s house, he guessed that Beth was probably there and she always cheered him up. It would probably be a good idea to let them both know he was feeling better as well.

To be continued

Demon Thief
12-30-2009, 11:58 PM
I really like your writing style, and the story itself is very interesting.

boxman
12-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Part 4

Jack woke up feeling fresh, he was pleased that the trauma from the previous day was over and he knew that today would be a good day. It was his birthday in just one week and his mother had promised to buy him a new laptop and today was the day he got to choose which one he was getting. Jack jumped out of bed and put on a fresh pair of underwear, quickly threw on a t-shirt and jeans and shot downstairs. He decided that his shower could wait until after he got back.

The journey to the electronics store usually took no more than 15 minutes however; it was a Saturday morning and everyone was trying to get into the centre of town. The roads were gridlocked and there had been an accident causing further queues. Jack was sitting next to his mother in the front of the car, fidgeting, waiting to get through the traffic.

“Come on mum” Jack moaned impatiently “We’ve been stuck for nearly 30 minutes!”

“Yes, I realise that Jack” her tone was starting to sound more irate than Jacks “But you constantly complaining isn’t going to get us there any quicker.”

“I know, I know, mum, but…” Jack suddenly stopped; his voice, just for a moment, went extraordinary high pitched. Jack coughed to himself.

“That voice of yours still breaking, eh, Jack?” his mother said sarcastically.

“Shush mum!” Jack argued; his mother wasn’t helping his mood so Jack decided to sit in silence for the rest of the journey. Eventually, they reached the haven Jack had been waiting for, the electrical shop! Jack leaped out the car and bounded into the shop, his mother casually walking in behind him. They looked round some laptops for 15 minutes before Jack had decided on the one he wanted, it was brand new and top of the range, the priciest one in the shop. Jack caught a shop assistants eye and the assistant eagerly trotted over.

“I would like to purchase this laptop please” Jack said, a hint of triumph in his voice.

“Certainly sir” the assistant replied, almost able to taste the commission he would receive for this. “If you would just like to make your way to the front desk”

Jack scurried over to the front desk like a young child on Christmas day waiting to open his presents hung up in his stocking.

“Would sir like to purchase insurance with his laptop?” The assistant offered.

“Of course” Jack replied, “Better to be safe tha…” his voice hit another unusually high note for the second time that day. Another small cough seemed to do the trick and Jack turned back to the assistant to be met by an unusual look. “Sorry” Jack said, “I think there’s something…something wrong with my throat, do you mind if I fetch a drink of water”. This time it was the entire second half of the sentence that was high pitched.

Jack went straight to the taps and took a mouthful of water; he gargled with it and spat it out. He took another few mouthfuls and drank them. He coughed to himself a few more times. His voice appeared to have returned to normal so he made his way back onto the shop floor.

“Yes please, I think insurance is a good idea” this time the whole sentence was high, Jack looked shocked. He glanced at his mother who looked equally as confused. Jack ran out the shop in embarrassment.

“Jack!” his mother called after him. She turned to the assistant, “Sorry about this, I’ll go and see what the problem is”. The assistant nodded in approval and she left the shop hurriedly after him.

“Mum, I want to go home” Jack said; now everything he said sounded like it would have done before his voice broke. His mother understood and they both got in the car.

The journey home was a much quicker one, the traffic had cleared from the morning and this was probably for the best. When they arrived back at the house Jack rushed inside and to the bathroom. He took huge gulps of water and tried talking like normal but it was no use, he couldn’t get rid of this ridiculous girly voice. He sighed to himself and walked over to the toilet, he unzipped his fly, thinking of the laptop that would soon be his, if only his wretched voice would clear up! Something was wrong; he pulled down his boxers and felt around, nothing! Jack started to panic, he thought to the previous day, to the woman, to her eyes and her mutterings. He felt around inside his boxers again, all he felt was soft flesh, not the penis he was used to. Jack began to feel dizzy, he staggered across the bathroom, trying to grab onto things. The world started to tip and his eyes started to fill with black, a crash as he fell into the radiator, a searing pain above his left eye but not for long, he fell to the floor and the blackness engulfed him. He tried to call for help but no sound came out, just silence. Everywhere, just silence and darkness.

To be continued

sleepydark
01-01-2010, 05:28 PM
This is really good! I think this story deserves more feedback then it is getting.

boxman
01-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Thank you for the appreciation. Part 5 will be out tomorrow.

eleventhdr
01-02-2010, 05:05 AM
much more please i just really do so love transformation stories where the boy and or male changes gender and his sex changes and the male boy becomes a girl and would like to write stories like this myself i ma not to bad at writing short stories in this form and love changing males boys into girls i only wish one other thing really that it would happen to me i ahve so always wanted to be a real female anyway! ah well very problay a lot of us out here wish this would happen to us iam very sure i am not really all lone in that wish and desire how about any of the rest of you do you wish you were girls like i do come on yu can admit it and no real harm done now just how to do the real life transformation!

momo
01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Great job (: I'm excited for each new installment. Keep up the great work ^^

nicholas
01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Totally brilliant, you have managed to pace the story well making sure it is totally descriptive, spelling is immaculate and an excellent original story line... i like where it is going :)